“Fabulous and Lovely” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sarnia, Canada
“Fabulous and Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Loved this place. Loved the wood panelled walls. Very sexy.
Right on the strip, close to everything.
Yes I would stay there again
The hotel reminded me of a Cuban styled hotel. The lovely sidewalk cafe outside here, as well as all of the outdoor cafe style eateries were marvellous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, room was spacious and kept very clean and had a great ocean view. The decor was really nice and in keeping with the Art Deco style of the area. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only fault would be that the shower head doesn't move (not good for tall people!) and the sink was too small, but apart from that the room was perfect. There was a little noise from the bar underneath at night, which you expect choosing a hotel on ocean drive, but it didn't keep us awake. Overall a great stay.

Stayed July 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My friend and I came to Cardozo to watch the World Cup because we knew the atmosphere was going to be live and fun!
I have been coming there for their amazing steak salad for a long time now. I'm addicted! My friend had a fish dish that day and she said it was probably the best fish she has ever had.
Augusto, the manager, made sure we were taken care of and that we enjoyed our experience at Cardozo. Definitely one of my favorite places on South Beach!

• Stayed July 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My sister and I went to south beach on Thursday, May 22 and checked into the Cardoza Hotel at 1300 Ocean Drive. I reserved a King Suite months in advance, but made no payments until check-in. We arrived just after 1pm, and although check-in isn't until 3pm, our room was ready! The room was kinda cozy for a king suite. The bathroom had a stand-in shower, so no tub for bathing. Our view faced the alley, but there was a view of Collins street. The room had a heavy fragrance when we arrived that smelled great, but faded before we left after 5 days. The bed was stiff, but comfortable. My sister, who suffers from lower back pain, actually enjoyed the bed!
Various tidbits:
The walls/doors/floors are thin. So sound/noises are abundant, you'll hear plenty.
Room service ran late, so they never disturbed us to clean up. We typically left the room by 11-12pm each day.
The staff was pleasant and helpful; however, our cleaning service REPEATEDLY failed to replace our face towels with each passing day. So we were forced to call down to send for them.
The location was AWESOME! We wanted the party atmosphere! Police outside, barricades blocking Ocean Drive, party people walking around or headed to the beach. And since everything is in walking distance, this was a great location right on the beach front for Urban Beach Week.
The hotel charges a $50/night deposit that was deducted from my debit card in two days (way too soon). However, they promised it would all be refunded after check-out. So I'm still waiting for the refund.
We arrived on 5/22 and checked-out 5/27, and overall we had a wonderful time. Everything down there is SUPER expensive, so save your coins! Our room rates were ~ $226/night.
The room was clean without any bugs! (YES!!!)
But I must warn you: DO NOT use your debit/credit card at the hotel's restaurant. The waiters have a nasty habit of swiping your card, but failing to return it to you. I thought my vacation was ruined when I couldn't find my debit card, but when I returned to the restaurant, not only did he keep my card, but they had a STACK of cards bundled with a rubber band from other patrons.

• Stayed May 2014
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Let's start with the good points: The location can't be beat -- you're across the street from a park that leads to the beach. It's gorgeous. The service was also good. Everyone I spoke to at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. And it's clean.
The downside is the noise. We asked for a quiet room (and were told that we got one) but between the noise from the bar and the thin walls, we heard noise all night. The rooms and decor are a little dated as well.
Overall, if you can sleep through noise, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel and the room was fine.... The service on the other hand is not here.... The restaurant is awful and the service was not to be found. They more worried about filling the tables than serving the guest that are already seated. Had to go to the bar to get drink refill. Received bill and they had a Mt. Sinai donation included in the bill as a line item. They are cheaters and wouldn't recommend using the restaurant.

Stayed May 2014
Waasmunster, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night to start out our roadtrip. The room was good;location was great. Right by the beautiful beach. We came in late due to a delayed flight but the lady at the reception was nice enough to give us extra time before chec out the next day so we could get some sleep.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cardozo Hotel? Share your experiences!