“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Waasmunster, Belgium
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night to start out our roadtrip. The room was good;location was great. Right by the beautiful beach. We came in late due to a delayed flight but the lady at the reception was nice enough to give us extra time before chec out the next day so we could get some sleep.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Well...let me start by saying that I was a bit weary of staying here because of how low this hotel is rated on the lists of all the hotels in South Beach. But, I ignored that, went with my gut feeling and booked the Cardozo based on the price and location to the beach.

The location? Doesn't get any better. You are ON south beach! But the perfect thing about it is, you can still sleep soundly on the rare night that you don't want to go out. Even in the mornings, it's not the street noise that wakes you up.

There's about 40 rooms in the entire hotel and when I checked in, I was put in a spacious corner room. The windows opened to allow in the beautiful Miami air, too. I loved that!

The staff was so kind and helpful. I had a huge delivery sent from my office (which I had completely forgotten about) but a few hours after check-in, I came to my room and it was on my bed. Valet never took too long to retrieve the car. Just make sure you call them before you head down.

I loved the Cardozo and will be staying here every time I voyage to Miami...without a doubt.

Tip: If you are planning on staying here with a group...the bathroom is not large enough for "getting ready." Thankfully, they had a full-sized mirror outside the bathroom door that provided more mirror access.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel, from the decor to the polite courteous staff. I have been here 4 times and plan to come back this year again. It is convenient to everything you desire to do. Starbucks, shopping, the beach is right across the street, bistros, clubs and all within walking distance. You valet your car when you stay here, because you do not need it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Room was large, very clean and the hotel is very nicely kept. The location relative to the beach is unmatched. Hotel staff was very friendly. The free wifi was a little spotty, but otherwise no other complaints. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
lincoln,uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have returned to the Cardoza for the 4th time and have loved it!! The view of the ocean when you wake each morning is beautiful,the room was very clean and comfortable and we were cared for very well by all the staff.The negative comments often relate to the restaurant which has no connection to the hotel and is noisy and caters for the crowds.The street can be noisy but it is a tourist trap and great for people watching.We will most certainly return,thank-you Jan and all your team.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are the best albeit a little noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ok let's get the positives out the way first as they are very few. The location is great, really close to the beach. The beds were also made each day and fresh towels. Now for the negative:

1. Key card is a nightmare to use and a really old system so is very temperamental.

2. Not even a welcome manual in the rooms.

3. No tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.

4. Showers are so hard to use and get the correct temperature. Prepare to get burnt or frozen as you try and adjust the temperature.

5. Full length mirror was cracked.

6. TV is of poor quality and doesn't have any sort of channel menu/guide so blindly choosing channels.

7. Breakfast sausages are the smallest sausages in history. Certainly not the breakfast sausages that I was used to. Thought it was a joke at first.

8. They state 'suggested tip' on the bills but if you don't pay the full thing then be prepared to be chased down by your waiter and told that you have to pay it anyway. Our bill was $32 and with the tip added it was suggested that $38 was to be paid. The waiter had mixed up our order so we put down $35 but was chased down and told we HAD to pay the $38. Not a great way to impress your customers to be honest.

If I was coming back to Miami Beach, I wouldn't be staying at this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Seeing other reviews makes me understand that the hotel seems to offer different prices via travel agents and we seemingly got an excellent rate for the location, which is why I give this an excellent rating. For under 200€/night via a travel agent booking site it is for its location and service a best-buy. I felt that the staff was friendly and the room was also quiet even though there is a restaurant downstairs. Just ask for a room on the side of the hotel not directly above the restaurant and facing the beach. The room decoration was modern when compared to the hotel's probable age, I would really stay here again.

Room Tip: Not above the restaurant for noise/quietness.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cardozo Hotel? Share your experiences!