“Great budget hotel option for South Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mantell Plaza

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
The Mantell Plaza
You added The Mantell Plaza to your Saves list
255 W. 24th St., Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Ranked #84 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Navarre, Florida
“Great budget hotel option for South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I had a friend visiting from our of town that really wanted to visit Miami. We live in the FL panhandle and had yet to make the trip ourselves. After consulting Tripadvisor and a co-worker that is from Miami, we settled on the Mantell. We were on a budget and it met are needs for price and location.

The room was above average. The building is a bit older. But what it was lacking in newness was more than made up for by amenities and the outstanding service we got from the manager, Mr Ray Breslin. We ended up arriving later in the evening than expected. But that didn't prevent Ray from greeting us upon arrival and giving us a quick tour of the hotel. His tips for navigating the area by car and taxi were extremely helpful.

Our room was small, but we got what we paid for...a room to comfortably accommodate three adults. Ray definitely knows how to take care of his guests as demonstrated by the wide variety of complimentary fruit, snacks, coffee, and snacks he put in the room for us.

If you are looking for a cost conscious way to visit South Beach, I would highly recommend you consider The Mantell.

Tourist note: if you are looking for a budget eating and watering hole in South Beach, and the SoFi area ( South of Fifth), check out Monty's. first of all there is free garage parking next to it. Second, their happy hour is amazing. 30% off beer and cocktails, 70 cent shrimp and discounts on oysters and crab claws. We feasted like kings as we sat on the deck watching the sunset and the boats cruising by.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have had the good fortune to travel throughout the United States and Europe. I am reasonable in my expectations and believe you get what you pay for. I feel it is my responsibility to warn anyone who is thinking of staying here of the experience I had. I hope to avoid anyone else from having the same experiences.

I traveled to Miami Beach for a conference and to check out local colleges with my son. I stumbled across this accommodation on trip advisor and based on reviews decided to give it a try.

Pros: Ray is very nice when making the reservation and free continental breakfasts are provided upon arrival.

Cons: 1. When making the reservation you don't know what room you are getting. I asked several times and the response was always "all rooms are equal quality." Ray told me later that he placed us in his premium room and didn't charge us for it. There was no mention of different fees for different room on the website.
2. Have to pay in cash or check, no credit cards.
3. The building is very old and smells it! Has that musky-moldy smell that a good cleaning would take care of!
4. BEWARE: you will be hit for fees once you get to the room. For example, Ray left a pink laminated paper saying I would have to pay him $100 deposit for the parking permit. He also said that I owed him $10 a day for the futon as it was considered a separate sleeping space. None of that information was every communicated to me prior to the trip, on the website or on our invoice.
5, Ray's reaction to my questions were unprofessional and rude. For example, when questioned about a reduced rate for the day the water was being shut off he became EXTREMELY hostile and belligerent. He didn't care that we could not use the toilet!
6. The room and furnishings are very outdated and in need of a cleaning. The room itself was dirty and needed a deep cleaning too. The carpet was worn and dirty and the bathroom had a great deal of grime.
7. The parking is ridiculous. Although provided a permit to park, we were not told that the parking was only for the street. As a matter of fact, Ray said that they would call him first before towing any car, but that was not the case! Our car was towed at the tune of $300. When I questioned Ray he again, became defensive and belligerent! He was so out of hand I had to tell him to leave our room!

Overall, the lack of professionalism of Ray bordered on harassment. I felt mislead regarding the parking not to mention all the other fees he sprung on us when we arrived. There are way too many hotels to choose from in Miami Beach (for the same price) to stay here. It was a terrible experience and I would not recommend it at all.

Room Tip: You don't get to choose ahead of time...it is assigned to you when you arrive.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Bresaro Suites at the Mantell Plaza. The building was a lovely art-deco building. The room / suite was a kitchen/diner/living space and bedroom in one and quite tight on space when the fold-down bed was down. It was clean but a little dated (although probably in character with the building). There was a great pool and the location was very convenient for the beach and bars and restaurants of Miami Beach with public bikes and buses a block away. Ray was an ideal host and put himself out for us and made us feel very welcome. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good service, excellent location, clean, without gym, library, pool, 2 blocks from beach. 1 block to Main road with good public transit system ( route 150 express to International airport). Very quiet enviroment And near to ocean drive atracttions. In summary EXCELLENT !

Wiston from Colombia

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here with two other people and I loved it. I booked the room on Home Away.com and spoke with both Simon and Marine. Both were very helpful, patient, and made the process so easy. The room was big enough for all of us and the location was great! The room was clean, we had pots and utensils we could use, the bathroom was awesome! The set up of the room is comfortable and sleek. The bathroom and kitchen was updated and felt like home. The location was great because there was a Walgreens on the same block and a Liquor store across the street. The restaurants and boutiques were a few blocks up,{Location on 24th, most food places on 19th and up}. The cab rides to the busier part of the beach was around $7.00 and everything was pretty much walking distance, {it was so hot most days, we had to take a cab though}. I enjoyed my stay in Miami just because I enjoyed the room so much. The suite was clean and the building is as well. Even with the construction going on, it was still very quiet. I didnt get a chance to swim in the pool or use the gym but I did take a peek at them both and saw that people enjoyed it. The room is only a crosswalk away from the beach. I just Loved it. I could write about it all day. I was pleased. Very excited to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 233. 3 women. This is a great room for a couple or close friends.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wanted a long weekend away with a girlfriend- Bresaro suites in South Beach Miami was perfect! Location: perfect! a two minute walk to the beach, easily accessible by public transportation to and from the airport, one block away from the main strip so quiet at night and of course walking distance to all of south Beach's main attractions (markets and all).
Hotel Aesthetics: perfect! A well decorated suite that definately felt like home- even had a blender so I could make my morning smoothies! Low rise Condo style living so it was a cozy and safe environment. Air conditioning option so fresh air or cooled morning air were easily accessible. We had a suite with a small balcony which was perfect in the evening for a glass of wine while we watched evening thunder storms. Used the fold out couch as a 2nd bed- close quarters but very comfortable.
Hotel Amenities: Perfect! Ray was fabulous!! A wealth of great information: where to eat, where to focus our visit, the cities history and current political status, Always available and visible tending the property. On site Library was great for internet access, magazines and books. Bicycles were very useful and of good quality. Pool and weight room were fantastic!! Loved the option of going down to the pool for an hour or two (different kind of R & R than the beach). Towels, left over sunscreen (mine was confiscated at the airport) and of course the stocked fridge and fruit basket were greatly appreciated!
Cleanliness- Perfect!
Prize: Can't really beat it in Miami.
I have and would recommend these appartments to anyone looking for a great quiet place to stay in Miami.

Room Tip: Loved having a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We needed 2 nights' accommodation in Miami Beach in June while on a trip visiting family, and after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor, we proceeded to contact Ray who is one of the owners of the suites. He replied promptly and was very polite so we booked- for $129 per night we thought it was a great deal. Upon arrival, we called Ray who was very attentive and came to meet us to give us keys and show us around the suite- we had number 407. It was really nicely decorated and clean and full of everything we needed- mini toiletries, robes, umbrellas (which we needed in June!), beach towels, bath towels, a breakfast basket with cereals and snacks, fresh milk and juice and yogurts in the fridge. It has a queen bed, cable tv, sofa (which i believe is a sofabed), telephone in the room which included local calls, microwave and mini kitchen.

The location is a short walk from the beach over the footbridge and only 10 blocks from the main shopping/clubbing area. The whole complex has a pool and a gym and laundry too.

Ray was always contactable and on hand to help with whatever we needed- he even helped us carry our luggage down when we left! It is an ideal spot to stay, Miami Beach's best kept secret spot. If we go back we will definitely stay there again as it was ideal for our needs. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: We had room 407 which was really nice but couldn't comment on any others.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple