“Sometimes you get More what you paid for!” 5 of 5 stars

La Flora
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1238 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #17 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sometimes you get More what you paid for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Yet again this cozy place was my hotel selection during WMC2014(last week of march). Booked very last minute and got a very low price (again!)- other hotels were 400$ a night and up...
As soon as we arrived , the front desk was very happy to assist us and showed us to our room in less than 5 minutes(in most hotels it takes forever and a half) :)
The atmosphere here was still the same - friendly and helpful staff, quiet and clean rooms with nice sets of crispy white towels every day(and the most comfortable beds I ever slept on :) )
Each morning everyone is more than welcome to join for a free breakfast and also if you missed breakfast hours- they do leave freshly made coffee on the bar stand for next 2-3 hours.
The Hotel is still smoke-free, but you are welcome to smoke on their little terrace. The bartender will even bring you an ashtray. Did I mention that the terrace's furniture is super comfortable too?
I absolutely love this place and recommend it to anyone who's planning on staying in South Beach Area. The Location is in the middle of all the action , no matter which time of the year you traveling in - just 1 block away from the famous Ocean Drive and the beach itself.
As for me- this place got me totally hooked and I will be back next year, if not sooner.:)
Thank you La Flora (or should I say La Lovely :) ) staff for making my stay amazing again . XOXOXO :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews as we were spending a few days in Miami prior to a cruise. The hotel was very convient for all the attractions of South Beach and more than lived up to its reviews. All the staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, down to printing out some late cruise info that was e-mailed too late to print before we left home.
We were luck enough to be upgraded to a suite on arrival and this was superb. The free breakfast was basic but more that adequate for us. The hotel was fully booked when we were there but no-one had to wait for their breakfast. The complimentary cocktails went down very well.
I had read that there may be some noise at night so came prepared with ear plugs and eye mask and slept really well in very comfortable beds.
If ever we return to Miami we will definately return here!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was large and sunny but could be noisy. Hence ear plugs. Made it great place to st...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel before leaving on a cruise. Carlos at the front desk was extremely helpful and made sure we were comfortable for our visit. He directed us to the beach area and assisted in our transportation needs. Diane who tends the bar at the hotel was wonderful. She is very personable and gave us some great insights into the South Beach area including some great dining options. On top of that she can mix a wicked cocktail!The complimentary breakfast was a great way to kick start the day. This was our 40th anniversary trip and the hotel experience helped make it an unforgettable event.

Bob & Anne

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights and loved it. The staff is very friendly, especially the bartender. Along with making great drinks, she's welcoming, friendly and fun to chat with. The hotel has free wifi and the room was very comfortable. A bit small, but the hotel was built in 1929, so that's to be expected. They work with a cab company, so we had no problem getting transportation to the airport. The only complaint I have is that they didn't have extra blankets! Granted, it is Miami and it was 75 degrees outside, but I like to sleep with a bunch of blankets.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I rarely if ever give reviews, but the staff and service of this place compelled me to add my 2 cents. I stayed here for a week and Diane the bartender is an amazing person with a great attitude and quite skilled at specialty cocktails( I even offered her a job at a restaurant I manage in NY) . Please check her out at Happy Hour!!! The front staff ( Carlos and team ) were great in executing a surprise for my best friend's birthday and really made it special for her with their attention. I was concerned about sleeping with the noise at nights especially since I travelled in March, but happy to report my room faced none of that difficulty. A great added benefit is their continental breakfast. My friend and I enjoyed ours sitting on their outdoor patio basking in the early sun rays. Definitely a breakfast treat while on vacation and coming from the freezing temps in NY. I have been coming to Miami's south beach area for over 10 years and stayed at several other hotels but have never experienced such exceptional service. Already planning my next visit and thankful I don't have to spend weeks shopping around for value and quality. Kudos to management for assembling this team!!!!

Room Tip: Never near elevator door
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Imhad the pleasure to revisit this wonderful, perfectly located hotel. I had encouraged my brother and his wife to also stay at LaFlora while we were attending a wedding in South Beach. We all had a wonderful time. Hotel and South Beach were very busy as it was spring break. The complimentary breakfast is a added attraction as well as complimentary Happy Hour!! The staff is very accommodating and the friendliness of everyone makes for an enjoyable stay. You cannot beat the location and have i recommended LaFlora to several of my friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall an excellent place to spend some days in Miami South Beach. Very centrally located - you can walk easily everywhere, close to beach and Ocean Drive with all it's restaurants. But what I liked most about the hotel and my stay there, was the people who worked there - extremely friendly and efficient. So helpful and always ready to give you a hand if needed! Many thanks to Carlos, Diane the girl in the bar, and the British lady who runs the hotel! I shall be back soon !!!

Room Tip: We had a room at the back (401) facing the parking lot, and it was very quiet because there is hardl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to La Flora? Share your experiences!