“Amazing experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
kent
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Sorry for the delay! But I just wanted to say what an amazing hotel this is. Myself and fiancée wanted to get away for a few days and came across this hotel. We had such a fantastic time. The staff were amazing especially ros who told us everything we needed to know. It's a short walk from south beach and 5th avenue. We will be returning here without a doubt. Thankyou for such a wonderful few days.

• Stayed February 2013
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Better late than never …. Thank you so much for remembering your experiences with us and taking the time to write a review as we all strive to make our guests happy and knowing you will return without a doubt is very rewarding for us. We look forward to seeing you both again …. hurry back !!!

532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered! I wanted to bring them home with me! The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was decent. My only issue...the "parties" that the hotel hosted at night.... Most of the guests that attended were not staying at the hotel and some were drunk and obnoxious! It stormed a few evenings/nights that my boyfriend and I stayed but we were not able to enjoy the lobby or outside patio because of this issue. I felt trapped in my room!!! It's not the hotel's fault but just be aware that you will not be coming back to your hotel to rest. Our room did not have a fridge so we used a cooler with ice. When we checked in we were guaranteed that we could have as much ice as we needed but that was not true because they needed it for the "parties" and drinks.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fridge!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Firstly, we are all ready to pack our bags for Indiana and secondly, so glad you found the hotel comfortable and clean …. Now to the Lounge Bar which l am very sorry if you both felt uncomfortable as I have spoken with the Bar Manager and he assures me that there may be on the odd occasion that someone gets a little happy and if there are such people as with any bar they will be asked to leave. I personally guarantee that what you experienced was an isolated situation and I would be more than happy for you to contact me directly when your travel plans bring you back to Miami - Ms. Ros Gottuso GM
Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you both again !!!
tlv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

me and my wife spent our hooneymoon at USA and the second place we arrived to was mimai beach la flora hotel.
my wife was very.... sick :-( so i hoped we would get a hotel like the ballagio in vegas :-)
well you know, the hotel is not the ballagio but if u ask me it was a fabulous place tho be at
rosethe general manager heard that my wife is sick and did her best to keep us happy she even change our room and sent a shampine to our room. and talked with us everyday and gave a mother filling atmosphere.
the hotel is located in a great place there is a great italian restaurant close to him
but forget the location which was great.
if i can summerise it i would have say that if you have any wish in your mind and rose and her stuff can do it for you thaey will do it without you even need to ask.
and it seem that all the stuff over there has the same DNA cuz' them all give you a great filling
luis the night clarck was just a happy person with a big smile on his face all the time even at 24:00 and was a graet man to talk with.
also Taren(if i'm writing her name correctly) and carlos who gave me good tips regarding orlando.

thank you all Luis Taren Carlos and of course Rose

Y&R

Room Tip: ask not to get the room at the 3rd floor just in front of the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
It’s the worst experience being ill on vacation and even more so as it was your honeymoon but we turned it around and eventually the bubbly popped and all was well. So glad we could assist in making your stay a little more comfortable under the circumstances and from all of the team … it was our pleasure. Thank you for a lovely review and we look forward to seeing you both again!!!
Bear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am an event planner and I used the La Flora hotel for a 30th Birthday party for one of my clients! The customer service was stellar! They staff were friendly and so accomadating. Working with the manager on duty, Ros was so very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel was clean and inviting. If you are looking for a great place to stay on Miami Beach, this is the location. I will stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Firstly, thank you for giving us the chance to host you and your clients and secondly, for enjoying all we have to offer and many thanks for a wonderful review and we look forward to the next time !!!
Chevy Chase, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Classic hotel in South Beach. Staff couldn't have been friendlier and attentive. Stayed in a deluxe double and it was spacious and clean. The welcome drink and breakfast were added bonuses.
I would stay here again on a return trip.

We parked in the municipal lot diagonally across the street. Hotel staff were happy to instruct us on this option. Parked car out front to check in/drop off bags at check in - cheaper than valet and easy to do. Did the reverse at check out.

Room Tip: Lobby bar gets noisy. Rooms toward back of hotel are quieter but it's South Beach so some level...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
The definition of Delightful is always having the pleasure of wonderful guests who allow us the opportunity as a team to be friendly, attentive and provide a safe clean place to enjoy, relax and of course a welcome cocktail is a classic start … Thank you so much for your lovely review and for spending a little time with us … hurry back !!!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed two nights, May 20 and 21, at La Flora. I chose it after reading reviews on TripAdvisor; and I was not disappointed. The staff are excellent. The lady at reception, Tarin, was more than welcoming. A complimentary drink was offered. My room was big and very clean - though I wish there'd been a small mat by the bedside. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast. When I was checking out, I found they had cleared the breakfast, the Cuban lady offered to fix me breakfast - I declined as I had to catch the 150 bus to the airport. And the hotel is near where it all happens in Miami Beach - the beach is a block away and Ocean Drive is just across. I'll definitely stay here when I visit Miami again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It’s so nice to see our guests are taking full advantage of our reviews listed on TripAdvisor and very happy that you were not disappointed. Excellent customer service is at the top of our totem pole and a welcoming smile with a welcoming drink is a great start for a comfortable stay!
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your return !
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was average in size and amenities, but clean! Hallways could use a little love. They offer a happy hour daily, and give you a free drink. The location is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
It’s very rewarding to read constantly that each member of staff excels in super friendly customer service and thank you kindly for your hallway suggestion ... after checking although nice clean bright and fresh a little artwork of love will do nicely ! Thank you for your kind review and we forward to seeing you again !

Been to La Flora? Share your experiences!