“Miami during March 2013 was an amazing experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Back to School ....
Ranked #17 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Miami during March 2013 was an amazing experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by Hotel La Flora. I typically like to stay at 4 or 5 star hotels when I travel, but due to the outrageous pricing during Ultra Music Fest, I had to downscale a bit. The staff and location of Hotel La Flora were excellent. The room itself was tiny and the strangest thing was there was not one mirror outside of the bathroom! This made it a bit difficult to get ready but overall it was a wonderful stay. I also missed a pool but the hotel was only about a block from the picturesque beaches, restaurants and clubs.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot have a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
It’s so nice to be pleasantly surprised especially when your used to the 5 star hotels and then a little change brought you to a lovely hotel that offers a wonderful stay with 5 star charm !
Thank you for your kind review and hope to see you both again ….

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We came to Miami Beach for part of our honeymoon. I spent a lot of time researching hotels in South Beach to find the right one for us. I was looking for something with the right location, price, and quality. La Flora had great reviews, so I settled on it. We were not disappointed and we plan to stay here again on our next trip to Miami Beach. There were plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping and sight seeing around the hotel within walking distance. The beach is 2 blocks away!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor to be away from the noise in the lobby. There is a bar in the looby t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We love our Honeymooners and very happy you made the right choice with no disappointments.
Being able to search travel sites and find location, price and quality is one of the wonderful blessings with Tripadvisor … and you plan to come back !!!
Once again congratulations with bundles of love and happiness and we await your return !!!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Hotel La Flora in November last year. We had a double bedroom on the third floor at the back of the building. The room was a good size and had everything we needed. It was also really quiet so I can really recommend rooms on higher floors. The staff were professional and helpful. We had an issue with our toilet which they came and sorted out quite quickly.

The breakfast was lovely. Each day we had a plentiful breakfast of bagels, eggs, cakes and cereal. It set us up well for every day in Miami beach, we hardly had appetites for the rest of the day!

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. Everything is in walking distance and the beach is literally a 5 minute walk away. Lincoln drive is about a 10 minute walk away.

Overall, we had an excellent stay at Hotel La Flora and wouldn't hesitate to book it again if I were to return to Miami Beach. Being extrememly good value for money certainly doesn't hurt either!

Room Tip: Request a room on as high a floor as possible and one facing away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Another nice surprise … 4 months later and it was so nice to have you both as our guests and all the British twang that you brought with you ! This type of review shows all that we offer our guests in a perfect comfortable package ... location, easy walking, clean, helpful staff and just right for your pocket and you wouldn’t hesitate to come back … and we all look forward to your return !
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We loved La Flora hotel from the warm welcome until the sad moment we had to leave!

Trying to find a nice hotel in a great location at an affordable price, we truly struck gold with La Flora. The hotel was in a great location, only steps away from the ocean in the heart of south Miami Beach. It had a contemporary airy beach vibe with touches of art deco. It was pristine clean and well maintained, which is something we really appreciated. Our bright spacious room with a big comfy bed and a modern bathroom met all our expectations (we would have happily moved in for good!).

And, we have to give special thanks to Ros, the general manager, and her staff, who made us feel sincerely welcome and at home! We were really impressed by the attention they gave to us; they showed genuine interest in our visiting plans, making great suggestions for places to see and visit, as well as helping us make them happen. We really felt that they did not only have the goal of ensuring that their guests were happy, but that they enjoyed working there as a team, and took pride in their work and enjoyed exceeding their guests’ expectations.

If there is one thing we would have changed, it is to have written this review sooner because La Flora truly was an amazing experience and the perfect getaway from New York!

We stayed in October for 5 nights as a couple.

We can’t wait to be back!
K&P

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
What a nice surprise … 5 months later and having you both back would be our pleasure, great to hear from you and remembering us after so long with such a lovely review ! l remember you so well and the contagious laughter that followed …. and yes we all take pride in offering our guests a welcoming smile and it doesn’t stop there, but for you after such a long time I can happily inform you that the same La Flora Team are still happily working and eager to make all our guests feel at home …. Hurry Back !!!
Romsey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights before travelling on to The Keys. Booked it because of the trip advisor reviews and I am so glad I did. It is an unbelievable price for the location and for what you get. We had a large room on the second floor very tastefully decorated. White in abundance which made the room feel and look cool. As well as the bedroom there was also a separate seating area. Breakfast was simple and bagels were heated by a charming lady. All the staff we came into contact with we're very friendly informative and extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to experience the delights of staying on Collins Ave and being within walking distance of all that South Beach has to offer.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you did too and it was our pleasure to have you both as our guests and once again Trip trumped the cards ! Offering our guests comfortable accommodation’s, perfect location and five star charm allows every member of staff to assist in all your needs to thoroughly enjoy South Beach. Thank you for your lovely review ... until the next time !
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked for two 2 night stays at La Flora either side of a cruise. We chose the hotel based on feedback on this site, and we were not disappointed. It is comfortable, well located and met the needs of us and the family we were travelling with ideally. General Manager Ros could not have been more friendly or helpful, particularly by extending the use of our room on our last day. The concierges Terren, Carlos and Lewis were also most helpful with taxis and with any of our enquiries. The rooms were ideal, with a very comfortable bed, large TV and two free bottles of water. Coffee making facilities would have been nice, but coffee was at least available from the Breakfast bar at 07:00 hrs.
As others have said, the hotel is ideally situated on Collins Avenue, close to Ocean Drive and South Beach, and for some good shopping. There are plenty of local restaurants, including the Cafe Del Sol where we ate, and the Diner on 10th Street.
Interestingly the soundproofing in the hotel was excellent. On one occasion the bar was full of youngsters when we were retiring, but with the firedoor closed we heard no noise one floor up at all, which was reassuring.
Our only issue with our stay was the price of the drinks at the bar. On each of our stays we were given a voucher for a free drink, which was restricted to Gin, Vodka or Wine. The Gin and Vodka were non-proprietary labels, although they were also stocked. On buying a further two Vodka and tonics, I was served the same cheap alcohol and charged $10 per drink which I found excessive, and almost twice what I had to pay on the cruise. I gathered later that the bar is run as a separate franchise from the hotel, but I don't think their pricing policy helped the hotel at all, and we didn't take any more drinks there.
Do not let this put you off - La Flora is a fine hotel, and my wife and I would certainly stay there again if we are lucky enough to visit Miami from the UK again

Room Tip: None of the rooms have much of a view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Wow what a nice review and we all enjoyed making your first stay comfortable and enjoyable which made your return stay a piece of cake and we all thank you for your compliments as each and every member of staff excels to make our guests feel at home ! On the bar side I can only apologize, and I have spoken to the Bar Mgr. Juan with regards to pricing and he has clarified that all bartenders should always offer a regular or high end liquor and the normal price for a regular Vodka & Tonic is $8 and what does that mean for you and your wife … next time you’re in Miami the drinks are on us, hoping we are lucky enough to have you back again …. Until the next time !!!
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at La Flora. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Sorry, if I put in excess info, but I figure some of his may be useful to anyone visiting the area. Before our arrival, I had a package sent to the hotel, and sent an email to make sure it wasn't an issue, and I had a quick response back, that it wasn't a problem. The hotel is located on Collins Avenue a block away from the ocean. We found it to be a good location because we were in walking distance of pretty much anything. It's a pretty easy layout to figure out. You only need to learn a few roads, and you can get around. Washington, Collins, Ocean, and Lincoln will be the main roads. Breakfast is included with your room. It runs from 7:30 to 9:30 during the week and 8 to 10 on the weekend. Of course, you're told all of this when you get there, but it's good to know ahead of time. Don't expect anything fancy. The fact that there's a breakfast at all seemed like a bonus to me. It was the same thing pretty much every day we were there, and to me the food seemed to be more of a mix to accommodate the foreign visitors. There's coffee, milk, tea, and orange juice to drink. They serve mini muffins (poppy, blueberry, and banana nut) that vary on different days. There's also boiled eggs, bagels (cinnamon raisin, plain, garlic, *I think one other kind) and cereal (corn flakes, fruit loops, raisin bran, and grape nuts). There was also green apples which my wife would grab and snack on throughout the day. I'm a simple person, and this was plenty for me, but if not, there are other options around for breakfast. As said earlier, expect foreign tourists from everywhere. I found it added to our stay as I like to people watch, and listen to people speaking various languages (German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian). My wife was expecting more time in the water. Even though it stayed pretty warm during our visit, the water was chilly. The staff managed to step up to the plate though, and recommended a few excursions that kept us entertained. We took a hop on hop off tour that let us go visit Jungle Island which was kind of like a tropical zoo that let us interact with some animals (be prepared to pay if you want to get closer to some of the animals). Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the whole tour, and just made the beach loop due to our time at Jungle Island. The following day we went on a trip to the Everglades to see alligators. Now, I'm from Louisiana originally, so alligators aren't that big of a thing for me, but my wife and son enjoyed it, and we got to ride on an airboat, which I'd never done (another note, the brochure shows a 2 seat airboat, but the one you ride in is built to hold probably 20 tourists). Now, back to the hotel. :) I don't want to come off sounding like I'm saying anything negative about the hotel, because I'd return here in an instant, but I don't want anyone thinking they were mislead. I myself would consider this to be a budget hotel. When I was researching myself, I was looking for a good rated hotel for a reasonable price. The hotel is near the beach, sand will be part of the experience. You'll also need to get your beach towels from the front desk. There should be a couple in your room when you get there, but we had to get ours from the front desk after that. Getting towels was never an issue. There's no one there with a clipboard tracking your towel use. :) The water was always hot in the shower, but the water pressure seemed a little low, but again fine for me. Also, don't expect a coffee pot in the room. I was ok, since I went downstairs every morning to have a cup of coffee, and there's a Starbucks about a block away, but I know it could be an issue for someone who may have an urge to drink coffee or even tea at an irregular time. Another head's up, the breakfast bar, becomes an actual bar later in the evening. You'll be given a drink voucher when you arrive (another bonus). I know you may worry about the noise, but were on the third floor, and never heard any noise. Another random thought, the elevator moves about as fast as just walking up the stairs. It became a fun contest for my 7 year old to see which one of us would be faster. Be prepared to pay included gratuities at most places that you eat. I'd figure that this is due to the number of foreign visitors. Also, I would think it's common sense, but this is a tourist area, and you will pay more at TGIFridays here than at home. I'd say my bill there was about $25 more than it would be at home in Texas. The only major thing I could think of that I would've liked would be the ability to pay for the hotel upfront, and that just may be me. I don't like knowing that I have a big bill hanging out there, and I'd rather have paid it upfront, so I wouldn't have to worry about it at the end of my trip. So, to sum it up, stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Excess Info is always welcomed and yes you have pleasantly summed us up and making you and your family comfortable was our pleasure ! Your detailed review really helps future guests to make their decision and my experience in conversation with past and presents guests is that Tripadvisor has proved to be an excellent tool to decide on the correct accommodation that offers Value, Cleanliness, Location and we are pleased that our guests have found that with us and more.
A warm thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you all again !

Been to La Flora? Share your experiences!