“Budget Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Budget Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Miami Beach and mostly stay in smaller boutique hotels. I had to book a last minute business trip to Miami Beach in January; and read the past reviews of the Hotel La Flora on this website. I thought La Flora was worth a try as it was highly rated by past visitors and very economical. The hotel lived up to my expectations. The people, who worked here were lovely and very accommodating. My room and ensuite bath were large for a hotel of this type and everything was spotless.

The only annoyance was the ubiquitous SoBe "resort" fee of $11.20/day; but you do get free bottled water, continental breakfast, a welcome cocktail and beach towels.

I definitely would stay here again and have recommended it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise, rooms on the south side are best as there is a parking lot on the north side...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Expectations are sometimes hard to live up to and I’m so glad they did for you as we strive to keep our standards of customer service and housekeeping to the highest level. Your wonderful review and recommendations are very much appreciated and we look forward to your return !!!
p.s. Wi-Fi is complimentary too …

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Green Bay, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spent 1 night here and can't wait to get back. The location is perfect. The rooms are simple but clean. And the service is fantastic. Thinking about buying a place in MB and got some great advice at the front desk. Thanks for the insight! Made an offer on a place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
What a nice end to a wonderful one night stay …. although not quite long enough to enjoy all that South Beach has to offer but we really appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to your return and hope that your offer is successful … Hurry Back !!!
Somerset, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed @ Hotel La Flora Feb. 1st-3rd and enjoyed my stay immensely! The hotel itself is immaculately kept, with inviting decor. The staff was always very friendly and accomodating. And the location is prime! I have to travel back to Miami Beach for business this coming weekend so I booked @ La Flora again. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: You may want to request a room that does not face the parking lot if car noise bothers you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
So nice to hear that you enjoyed your first visit and you’re returning so soon.
Being an Art Deco Boutique hotel secures the quaintness, a welcoming smile from our staff secures being comfortable which for you as the guest secures a great stay !!!
We look forward to seeing you very soon and thank you for your wonderful review and high recommendations ...
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

stayed at this hotel 20th - 24th jan right in the middle of south beach at a very reasonable price the manger Roz and her staff were more then helpful i had a delayed flight and she let keep room til 6pm free of charge the rooms were large and very clean would recommened this hotel thank you

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
A pleasure to hear you all enjoyed your stay,our friendly staff enjoyed making your stay comfortable and I’m glad we were able to assist with the late checkout as being delayed at the airport is not a pleasant experience especially with a child, so glad you were able to enjoy a few more beach hours. Thank you for your recommendation’s and when your travels bring you back this way again we will be here to welcome you all !!!
london- Tuscany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This family owned hotel is so far the best I have been in Miami Beach quality Price.
The location is the best you can expect as is on 12st so in the center of South beach and on Collins so you do not get the noisy clubs from Ocean drive.
Parking is next to the Hotel but they also have Valet parking.
Rooms are very clean, comfortable and Miami art deco style. Staff is very very Kind and available, I really had a good time in this Hotel and I will go back for sure.
Wi fi is available in all the rooms and common area.
I have a hotel in Italy and I have to reccomend this hotel to my friends

Room Tip: suites are nice and Big
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Just wonderful … we are all pleasantly charged at such a lovely review and we sincerely thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us and for allowing us to impact you as we have.
What makes us one of the best is having wonderful guests who appreciate what we have to offer and allowing us to provide a warm welcoming smile, friendly customer service and as I have said before … then everything falls nicely into place !!!
Thank you for your kind review and recommendations, we look forward to seeing you again !
Spokane, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

For how reasonable the prices were my husband and I were not expecting anything extravagant, but this hotel surprised us! La Flora is very quaint and so well put together and inviting. It may not be the fanciest place on the block but we felt right at home. The rooms are a good size and comfortable. Eventhough we only stayed one night in South Beach we fell in love with this place. But the best part was definitely the staff!! I have never experienced such great service from so many staff members. Their kindness was not something you can teach or fake, it was genuine. They were so helpful with finding transportation for us and with other information. The breakfast was good and fresh. The lobby is gorgeous. I absolutely adore this place. If we ever visit South Beach again we won't hesitate to book here.

The only warning is that it can get quite loud outside at night because it is right in the middle of all the action, so if you are a light sleeper or want peace and quiet, I would keep this in mind. Its not the La Flora's fault, just comes with the amazing location near the beach. Also, keep in mind that it is an old building so it does show some age, but I feel like it adds to the Miami feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Everyone loves a surprise and making our guests feel at home is that “unexpected extravagance” that we offer, we also throw in a little 5 star charm … and keep in mind that yes we are the older building but age should never be divulged but on this occasion the secret to aging well is ... upon arrival you will notice the stunning, historic Art Deco style façade of the building and once you step into the lobby, the original 1929 terrazzo floor and marble wainscot will further accentuate La Flora’s rich history and this is I believe is why you fell in love with this place and it’s all genuine !
Hurry Back !!!
Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel because of the location and couldn't not have been happier in that regard. This hotel is within mere blocks from everything.

The hotel staff was AMAZING; super friendly and helpful as soon as we walked in right up until we left. I enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning I was there and was very happy with the options (standard fare of bagels, boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, orange juice). The lobby is nice and trendy with a bar and tables. Good ambiance.

The only thing keeping me from being 100% satisfied with my stay is the housekeeping. The floors were not cleaned daily, especially in the bathroom where we saw hair and dust accumulate over the three days we were there. Also, the bathtub did not drain well and by the end of a 10 minute shower, the water was up over my ankles. Not normally a problem, but after being at the beach all day, one tends to get dirtier than usual. The tub got really cruddy. I told the front desk and the next day it drained a little better, but not great. It took about 15 minutes to get above my ankles. So my complaint is not about the staff, but about the plumbing.

Overall, not a bad place. It's a 2-star hotel, so I wasn't expecting much, but if they fixed the plumbing and cleaning issues, I would have sworn it was 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
It’s a pleasure to read you had a good experience overall even though you had a little interruption with the plumbing/cleaning that took away a few ticks on the ratings but you may not be aware that on the odd occasion here in South Beach the old piping sometimes has digestive problems and in this case when our maintenance attacked the tub there was a good part of the beach stuck down there waiting for a bucket and spade … and as expressed in past reviews cleanliness is well rated and I certainly apologize for any hair, dust or sand that gathered and hope this will not deter you from returning to fulfill your overall experience …. Thank you ladies for staying with us and we look forward to the next time !

Been to La Flora? Share your experiences!