“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1424 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #150 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Riviere was a nice simple hotel, really small with very few rooms.

What we liked about the place: Nice, spacious rooms, clean sheets and a clean bathroom. They have usually only 1 person manning the place along with the cleaning staff. Both times, the staff at the reception were delightfully helpfull. They told us where we should hang out, things to see, etc. We liked the personal touch. The location couldn't be better, a short walk to oceans drive, the beach or lincoln road.

What can be improved, breakfast is literally a bowl of cereal and some fruits (I didn't mind that since I skip breakfast when on vacation). The cleaning the next day could have been better (Dunno why the cleaning staff didn't notice the sand we brought into our rooms from the beach). I think its a tad bit overpriced since its a no frills hotel with no pool, restaurant, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nice, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is just NOT a good place to stay. It's in a nice location, but the breakfast is just some cereal thrown in a large bowl that you can serve yourself from into a Styrofoam bowl (if memory serves). You must go outside to eat it in the courtyard (the courtyard has its charm I must admit - you kind of feel like you're in Havana) but if it's raining, which it sometimes does in Miami, I think you might have to stand in the "lobby" which is a small 2x4ft area with a tiny desk where the clerk can check you in - there are no tables cause there is absolutely no room. In the evening after our drinks and dinner, I went to take a shower to be met by a very large cockroach. I called the front "desk" in the "lobby" and someone did come and got rid of it. Quite frankly it scared me to death and I'm a New Yorker! They didn't offer apologies or even some sort of free stuff or a discount or anything. The noise... We are not an early to bed family (just me, my husband and a 9 year old), but if you're on the courtyard you might be awoken by the revelers. And they should be reveling, they're in Miami. But when you have a kid with you and you're in bed not too too late, it's not practical. I would probably rate the cleanliness higher than a 1 if it had not been for the cockroach... My suggestion is to find somewhere else to stay. Location is great however.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights in May 2014. The room was large and clean with digital safe, hair dryer, basic toiletries etc. We had a room at the front which was noisy at times but this could be said for any hotel on Collins Ave.
We stayed in a few other hotels in Miami during the same trip and this was one of the better ones.

• Stayed May 2014
Salvador, BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is ideally located on Collins, one block of ocean drive and a few blocks from Lincoln rd mall. Staff very pleasant and always ready to help. The room was spacious clean with wonderfully enormous beds and the AC worked very well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is very well located. Just two blocks from ocean drive and the beach. The hotel provides towels and chairs for the guest who wants to enjoy a day at the beach.
The rooms are new, but can be a little bit noisy. You may hear other guest passing and talking on the hallway.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I spent 5 days at the Riviere with my family and had a lovely experience. My parents required a handicap room. The front desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating.They provided options to assure that my parents were as comfortable as possible. The rooms are spacious and clean. The floors are wood/laminate so you don't have to worry about a dirty carpet (culprit at even the most expensive hotels). The only minor issue I had was that the beds were a little too firm for my liking.

For the price, this place really can't be beat. It's a short walk from the beach and a bunch of great restaurants. Beach towels and chairs are available for check out, free of charge. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. The walls are a bit thin and neighbors can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was here in the height of the season during the F&W festival and I was very happy with the accommodations. It seems to be newly remodeled and with a nice south Beach feel and the location is fantastic for the money. No beach or pool but I didn't need that or want to pay for it. No restaurant or bar but there are plenty very close. The breakfast was weak and didn't start til 8:30 but I had a frig and microwave in my room so it didn't really matter. A coffee pot in the room would be nice. My only gripe is the lack of any parking. You are completely on your own and the public lot is like 3 blocks away. I'd stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Ground floor for me
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Riviere South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!