“Total crap” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #194 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Total crap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I expected so much more from this hotel. When I first walked in I thought it would be alright but it turns out that I was wrong. The covers were stained & all of it was so dusty. All of the air conditioning was so dusty & I swear I swallowed that at night while I was sleeping, & that's the reason I'm sick. The bathroom had mold all over the wall. & the toilet didn't even work. They didn't even clean the bathtubs & we called 5 times for towels & still they didn't bring it. They have the worst service ever. I stayed for 5 days & they were definitely the worst 5 nights of my life. They didn't even clean any of the sheet & when we got to the hotel at night they didn't even bring towels. We literally had to keep the towels in the car & reuse them because they would never bring & after we called 5 times every night no one even came to bring them. The sink got over flooded & they took hours to come & fix it. I suggest you never stay here unless you want to experience the worst nights of your life.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stopped at the Claremont twice mind you this was a few years ago,not a top hotel but being its near the beach and ocean drive , well if staying only for a night or two or just passing through and as its cheap to stay compared to the location we put up with it,our room both times we stayed was looking out on the junction opposite the Delano Hotel,the room was okay nothing special and parking is a slight problem as only a few cars can park at the hotel some times being blocked in ,but if you want better being South Beach you will have to pay alot more ,the choice is yours.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

this was advertised as being 5 star and by the photos of the lobby certainly looked like it could be, upon arrival i was asked for a $70 beach tax and lead to think this was a refundable deposit only to learn it was nothing more than a tax. The room was dusty and the bedding was blood stianed, there was a large toenail in the middle of the carpet and the tiles in the bathroom were all broken and grimey as was the bath which had been painted and was now peeling off. The maid was overworked and trying to do all the rooms alone. there was no tea and coffee making facilities anywhere in the hotel, this has a prominant location in Miami and i expected more

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in august 2008 (sorry but only just getting around to joining tripadvisor). There were two reasons why I stayed here. Location and price.
As usual before booking I checked pictures etc and it looked ok. On my arrival however I found these to be unaccurate.
On arrival the outside of the hotel didn't look too bad. Like most in the area it had that art deco look to it.
Inside the reception area was not too bad either. It looked clean, lots of seating and it gave me hope that the reviews I read before booking were wrong. Unfortunately they were not.
The first room we were given looked like the door had been kicked in. It didn't lock properly and the room itself was disgusting. There was mould all over the walls so it smelled quite bad, the air conditioning didn't work and neither did the TV. We went straight back downstairs and asked for a different room. The second room we were given was pretty much the same as the first with the exception that the door worked and the air conditioning was sort of working. We decided to settle for the lesser of two evils.
The only reason that I did not vote this terrible is due to the location which is directly opposite the Delano so you're near the beach. Also Lincoln road is not too far away.
Personally I would not stop here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Central Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It was disgusting. When we first arrived the whole hotel smelt horrible, our room was even worse. We found a little present still in the toilet, the whole bathroom hadn't been cleaned, there were no towels, and the shower still had used soap in it. The sheets were stained yellow, the carpet was dirty and the tv didn't work. When we complained at the front desk he gave us the room keys to about 15 other rooms all which were unbearable to sleep in. At this point we couldn't get our money back so at 1am we had to walk the streets to find another hotel. Thankfully we found the Richmond Hotel just up the road who were so great that gave us a night free when they saw we were in trouble. The hotel was a palace compared to the Claremont. I do not recommend The Claremont to anyone. I lost a lot of money due to not reading enough reviews. Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

First of all, this is a hotel in Miami Beach, a very expensive area. If you want to pay more there are hundreds of other hotels in south beach, even right in front of this one. But if you are on a budget, then you should consider Claremont hotel. Life is out there in Miami Beach, not in your hotel room. I stayed in Room 102, the first on the left, and can't say I was disappointed, may be I was expecting something worse. The bed was a king size, very comfortable and with clean sheets. The room looked ok, nice decoration (beautiful lamp by the bed) the carpet is old. And the worst of all is the bathroom, is certainly disrespectful, don't you dare to get in there barefoot.
Interesting thing is the bathroom door; if you keep it open when seated there you can see yourself doing you know what. ;)
For that price, in that area, do not expect a great hotel. Good thing is just one block from the beach, and two blocks from Lincoln road boulevard, and a few blocks from Ocean Drive. It is a perfect location, no doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Claremont Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. We have made some changes to our guest rooms and have improved on our overall cleanliness. Additionally, we are in the process of renovating our entire hotel and will be a brand new Hampton Inn by the beginning of 2013.

Please come back to visit our new hotel.

Deb Saccavino
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

absolutely disgustng & nasty! bed sheets were stained, shower was rusted, paint was peeling of the walls. The hotel was extremely wore out!

Room Tip: sleeping outside is more pleasurable than any room at this hotel!