“If you travel on a budget...” 2 of 5 stars

Claremont Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #192 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“If you travel on a budget...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

First of all, this is a hotel in Miami Beach, a very expensive area. If you want to pay more there are hundreds of other hotels in south beach, even right in front of this one. But if you are on a budget, then you should consider Claremont hotel. Life is out there in Miami Beach, not in your hotel room. I stayed in Room 102, the first on the left, and can't say I was disappointed, may be I was expecting something worse. The bed was a king size, very comfortable and with clean sheets. The room looked ok, nice decoration (beautiful lamp by the bed) the carpet is old. And the worst of all is the bathroom, is certainly disrespectful, don't you dare to get in there barefoot.
Interesting thing is the bathroom door; if you keep it open when seated there you can see yourself doing you know what. ;)
For that price, in that area, do not expect a great hotel. Good thing is just one block from the beach, and two blocks from Lincoln road boulevard, and a few blocks from Ocean Drive. It is a perfect location, no doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Claremont Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. We have made some changes to our guest rooms and have improved on our overall cleanliness. Additionally, we are in the process of renovating our entire hotel and will be a brand new Hampton Inn by the beginning of 2013.

Please come back to visit our new hotel.

Deb Saccavino

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

absolutely disgustng & nasty! bed sheets were stained, shower was rusted, paint was peeling of the walls. The hotel was extremely wore out!

Room Tip: sleeping outside is more pleasurable than any room at this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

i dont even know where to began with how nasty this hotel was. the room as well as the people working there! I was completely covered in bed bug bites, the room had sheets only no towels or wash cloths or even comforters. the people that worked at the front desk said the hotel had ran out! the pictures is a LIE! i payed $75 for valet parking and had to park my own car then they wouldnt give me my money back. i left the same night i got there and wet to a hotel. since leaving i have called the better busisness berau to have them check the rat hole out. yes there wat rat pooh on my floor in the closet. I wouldnt wish a night there on my worst enemy! And they didnt give me the rest of my money back since some people whom came with me stayed because they could not afford another hotel. IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT STAYING HER I PROMISE YOUR MAKING THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Took a trip to miami back in april for a cruise with a group of 16th people who book rooms in this filthy %%% hotel. As I arrive at the lobby which look ok...But once i ck in at the front desk and was gven a set of keys to my room I said to the front desk clerk '' WHERE IS THE KEY CARD?" than the clerk says "We do not have key card" than the clerk says.. "You will have to push the down botton on the elevator to go up!!" told my friend, I'm not going to like this!!! Step of the elevator the hallway carpert was filthy. The room...OMG!!! Bathroom,bugs were on the floor. The tub dirty, chip paint just plain NASTY!!! Bed was broke on one side. Hotel stay was horrible and very scary...slept in my clothes. Was not able to download the pics...But please believe...U do not want to stay here!!! Me and my guest of 16th people was refund back our money, after complaining to expedia.com

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Staff has been very friendly and helpful. It's a block from the beach and there are speciality shops everywhere. I've never seen so many Ferrari and palm trees.

The hotel is definitely a little outdated and not in top notch shape but it's not filthy or disgusting.

If you're a value oriented person, watch out for the extra valet parking fee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Long story short. I used book it and was impressed with the low rate at the Claremont, thought because of their location it was a no brainer. Room smelled, dirty , stains! I felt like I was in a third world country! Icing on the cake was I was waken by bugs crawling over me and the sheets at 4AM. I rushed to walgreens and bought a large can of bug spray...Killed about 15 bugs. I immediately checked out and booked another hotel! I wouldnt stay at the Claremont if it was free!

Room Tip: The front desk attendant told me all the rooms are the same!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Wien, Österreich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Don't get fooled by the nice entrance and lobby that seem to have been renovated recently.

The rooms are totally old, worn out, and dirty. There is mold in the bathroom and if you are walking, the carpeting emits a lot of dust and dirt. I have mixed experiences with staff at the front desk, the guy who's there in the morning is terribly rude, unfriendly and not helpful at all. The people in the afternoon and the evening are nice.

The only rather nice thing about the hotel is the location, close to Lincoln Road and Espanola Way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Claremont Hotel? Share your experiences!