“Excellent staff- Joseph is competent and very helpful for the Guests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #183 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent staff- Joseph is competent and very helpful for the Guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Joseph is competent staff who responded effectively when I requested help. He listens the guest and makes sure that their needs are timely attended.
Because of him Seagull will always be my choice..

Ali Addo

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for staying with us. I was very happy to hear that Joseph listened to your needs and made your stay enjoyable. I will definitely bring your kind words to his attention. We look forward to seeing you again soon

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed for almost a week during January at this hotel and it was actually pretty pleasant. The room they gave me was quite big, comfortable beds with tv and free wifi. There was even an ice machine on my floor as well as a vending machine. Despite some comments I had previously read that made me doubt on whether to stay at this hotel or not, I don't have many things to complain about. Great front desk service (big thanks to Mateo, who was very helpful) as well as really gentle laundry people.

I mean, people may forget that this is a two-star hotel placed 5 blocks away from Lincoln Road and right next to the beach and a bus stop on Collins Ave (which means virtually every bus that goes to South Beach eventually stops right there). So yeah, considering its price, quality and location, it's a win-win. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars for a two-star hotel.

Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay . I will bring your kind words to Mateo's attention and we are glad to hear that he was very helpful We look forward to seeing you again soon
Kotka, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There were three good things with this hotel. The location, price and friendly staff. At first we were at the room 416 which had two queen beds. We had our daughter with us and she wanted to sleep in between us so the queen bed was small for us three. We asked the staff if they had a room with a king bed and they did. So we changed to room 222. This room had more space than 416. But both the rooms were in need of remodeling. At least the room 416 had very thin walls. We woke up at 3 am because someone was watching television in the next room. The pool was pretty dirty and was not heated. Wifi was pretty good 10-15 Mbit/s. The rooms don't have microwave nor fridge. We had to pay 10 USD per day to have a fridge. They don't have parking lot but there's an public parking lot in front of the hotel. The parking costs 2 USD per hr. There is free parking between 3 am - 9 am. You can only pay for three hours at a time then you have to redo it by adding time . So you can do 24hrs parking but you have to do six different payments. One takes 1-2 minutes so prepare to use some time with the parking meter :)

Room Tip: Room with a king size bed
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jyri H
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. Our rooms are actually in the process of being remodeled so we hope on your next visit you will see a pleasant change. As far as the thin walls as this is an older building that is hard to control especially if you happen to have noisy neighbors. Being in Florida we do not have the need to have a heated pool, it is cleaned on a daily basis and I appreciate you letting us know that you felt that was not the case during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Canton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In early January I traveled to Miami, Florida with a small group of friends. We stayed in South Beach for only one night and the Seagull Hotel was exactly what we were looking for: centrally located, right on the beach, and inexpensive ($200 for the night) compared to other hotels. Perfect for a college budget, and to be honest we weren’t going to be spending much time in the room anyways.

Just for some context, I’ve never really been too picky when it comes to choosing a place to stay. I’m low maintenance and easy to please… but this hotel definitely took me through a loop.

Upon arrival, we noticed right away that this place was a little sketchy. The lobby, with one broken elevator and a caged off restaurant/bar looking-thing on the opposite side of the room, was kind of an eye sore. There was a decent seating area for guests to lounge around and relax just inside the front doors. Just behind it was a drained water fountain-like structure with a wood bridge that arched over it. Frankly, it looked like the place was under some sort of abstract renovation, but it wasn’t.

Since there was only one functioning elevator about the size of a phone booth, wait times were long and it was a hassle to get all of our belongings up to our level. The floors inside were extremely unclean – I was afraid to put anything down, as a matter of fact. I tried to reassure myself by saying that it was a “high traffic area” and a lot of people come in and out of there each day, but I wasn’t fooled.

When we stepped off the elevator onto the 5th floor, we were immediately overcome with a potent, musty stench. The only explanation must have been the worn-out, faded carpets beneath our feet. If I had to guess, they were probably the same ones installed when the building went up however many years ago. Either that, or they haven’t seen a fresh vacuum in MANY months.

We continued down the hall towards our room, observing cautiously as the stench grew more overwhelming. The aged walls were visibly damaged and scuffed up from years of luggage bumping up against them. The layers of dirt caked into the rug under our feet made me grimace quite a few times. The worst of all was the small room with the ice & vending machines that branches off the main hallway. Scraps of trash and mysterious sticky fluids lined the corners of the room and vending machines. I was speechless! Who in their right mind would let their building reach this condition? Do the owners even care that their establishment is so unwelcoming to their guests?

I was so nervous when we finally reached our room. The keycard entry on the doorknob was so old and fidgety it felt like it was going to break each time we inserted the card. Clearly, room security is not a concern for this hotel either.

To our pleasant surprise, the room itself was fairly nice... and the carpet was even clean (thank you housekeeping)! The bathroom was basic, but all that we needed. It was a good size room – 2 beds, a dresser, table and chairs, and it was big enough for all of our luggage without feeling claustrophobic.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was its beachfront location. We had a beautiful view of the ocean, but the window was so dirty it was nearly impossible to get a good photo. The beds were comfortable, but the blankets were so visibly old and worn that it only made us wonder how many people had used it before us. The room had air conditioning to relieve us from the Miami heat, but it was so loud it sounded like a small truck was idling inside our closet. And our flat screen TV would have been great to have if it was hooked up to cable.

Technically speaking, our stay with Seagull Hotel went very smoothly: a nice staff, an easy check-in & check out, and no major problems to report. The filthy conditions and lack of maintenance are what made the hotel seem so uncomfortable, gloomy and uninviting, which is no way to treat guests that are allegedly “important” to you. So, my question to the manager is: Why? With the hundreds of customers you receive each week, and with the thousands of dollars you earn each year, why do you choose to provide such poor quality living conditions to your guests who so willingly bring you their business?

Don’t mistake me for an angry customer, because that’s not me. I was just disappointed because I know it could have been better. My friends and I had a hell of a time in Miami and we will certainly be returning – but not to a place that does the bare minimum for their guests.

Stayed January 2016
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you were so disappointed in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Miami regardless. We are working on making things better here and I appreciate your comments.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It was a terrible stay, dirty rooms, not enough chairs or tables, not enough electrical outlets, no refrigerator, shower with little to no pressure, closet missing light bulbs! $13.00 buffet breakfast but mostly eggs, bagels and fruit, bacon was the only good choice, very, very disappointed! Pay a bit more and get a nice room, that's what we thought, just a room to sleep, but one does not realize how important chairs, outlets, and a bathroom with a fan is until it's not available!

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so sorry that you were disappointed in your stay and appreciate you letting us know. We hope your next trip to Miami Beach will be a successful one
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Inexpensive place to stay in south beach. A place to stay if you just want to spend a night. Rooms are perfect no complaints. Easy and friendly check in. The only problem is no parking or valet parking other than that it's a great place to crash without paying $$$$

1 Thank Enrique G
Thank you for staying with us, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We agree with you about the parking and wish we had spaces however there is the public lot across the street. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was by far the dirtiest, most disgusting place I ever stayed in.the staff where too young and had no idea about the hotel, its surroundings and about service! The price we paid was too high! The only good thing is its location which I assume dictates the rate for the rooms! One can hope for new Managment or for the whole thing to be closed down.

Stayed January 2016
I am very sorry you felt this was the dirties place you have ever stayed in. Yes our staff is young but we do find them all quite capable. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we regret any inconvenience you encountered