“Unprofessional "Security" Employees” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #176 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“Unprofessional "Security" Employees”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My only complaint is that the lobby "security" personnel are always very unprofessional. They seemed to enjoy speaking very loud across the entire lobby area to attract attention to themselves. Their use of profanity and personal conversations were a constant occurrence passing through.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hyannis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was the perfect choice for my Miami Beach weekend getaway on a budget. I enjoyed being able to walk right to the South Beach boardwalk and beach in a few steps. I was pleasantly surprised to have an ocean view from my room. The room was very well priced. The hotel has a 24 hour desk with friendly staff, and there is a convenient (metered) public parking lot directly in front of the hotel. Would definitely return for next visit.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When we checked it smelled awful went up to the room 801 could not get the door open my husband had to kick it in. When we got in the room it had holes in the walls, water damage everywhere. The windows had cracks in the walls under them looked like if you pushed on them they would fall out of the building. The place was awful good news what would have crawled out of the wall. I sat on the bed and now have some sort of rash or bites on my right arm all over it. Their idea of fixing the door was scraping the rust off the door frame and wd-40. When the maintanence man came in and said he would go down and talk to the other manager about getting me a full refund. The other female manager agreed to give me a refund for the both nights. What ever you do stay some where else.

Room Tip: Don't chose this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent I week in this hotel, it was awful!!

I could smell weed in the corridors, the bed sheets had cigarette burns and floor was dirty. Not once was my room cleaned and bed changed.
The hotel is very dated and old fashioned with basic facilities.

Customers that stay there were very creepy, I didn't feel safe by my self I always stayed with another person.

The staff are rude and they locked out one of the family members who were also at this hotel with me.

The hotel is near the beach which was lovely and it's a nice walk along the beach front, their are shops near by also.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 6 days ago
thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay, while we are a non smoking hotel occasionally the random tobacco smoker does come here and we try to be diligent to remove them and charge them. I am sorry if this was not done during your stay and regret any inconvenience you encountered.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is filthy! My family and I had to leave 2 nights earlier to a different hotel because of how gross it was! Mold, smelly rooms, ceiling falling down, rug looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in months, no ice in the machines, and to top it off my son almost got his arm chopped off by the elevator! Horrible. Save your money!!!

Stayed August 2015
I am very sorry you were not happy with the hotel and decided to leave early, I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and hope the rest of your trip to Miami Beach was successful
orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

OK I got a deal of $88.00 from Hotwire. NOT happy. Just very, dirty, drab, and trashy. Painted over tile, plywood, splashed paint, dirty, ripped carpets, falling down ceiling tiles. Pool gate was always "propped" open with low life people walking in. I actually felt bad for the international tourists who were here as this is a poor representation of our country and Miami. I am not a travel snob and will stay in low class places on occasion with a trade off in a good deal. I also understand and can overlook problems Florida hotels have to deal with like mold, humidity, salt water, sand, etc… If you know this ahead of time and choose to overlook it, that is fine. I understand they may be revamping, but this should be stated clearly. I saw a security presence, but they were mostly sitting on their phones. Read the other reviews. I read them after the fact and I did not read one that was an exaggeration. Hotel charged me $2.00 a day for incidentals? What is that? I actually felt nervous that they photo copied my credit card (?). I asked for the photo copy back to rip up. OK the good points! Location; on the beach and boardwalk. Parking; plenty of meter parking (But only 3 hour time increments!) directly across from hotel (as opposed to parking blocks and blocks away!) So… you decide!

Room Tip: Uh, don't stay here...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
thank you for staying with us I am sorry that you were not that impressed but appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2015

Location: 21str and Collins ave
Minutes from Lincoln road, Ocean drive, right on the boardwalk ...

Common area: old but ok, AC was working well.

Room: very spacious, AC is very noisy

Bathroom: really old

Pool: poor setup(cheap long chairs, water was not that clean...)

Staff: very nice and helpful staff

No class, but great location at a good price for spacious room that can fit 3-4 pple easily near everything SoBe has to offer

Gave it a 4 because of price and location, but otherwise building/quality is rather a 2

Stayed July 2015
thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive and negative comments and hope to see you again