“Don't Pay More Than $60 - $80 a Night. Pretty Trashy Except For Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #175 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
orlando
“Don't Pay More Than $60 - $80 a Night. Pretty Trashy Except For Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

OK I got a deal of $88.00 from Hotwire. NOT happy. Just very, dirty, drab, and trashy. Painted over tile, plywood, splashed paint, dirty, ripped carpets, falling down ceiling tiles. Pool gate was always "propped" open with low life people walking in. I actually felt bad for the international tourists who were here as this is a poor representation of our country and Miami. I am not a travel snob and will stay in low class places on occasion with a trade off in a good deal. I also understand and can overlook problems Florida hotels have to deal with like mold, humidity, salt water, sand, etc… If you know this ahead of time and choose to overlook it, that is fine. I understand they may be revamping, but this should be stated clearly. I saw a security presence, but they were mostly sitting on their phones. Read the other reviews. I read them after the fact and I did not read one that was an exaggeration. Hotel charged me $2.00 a day for incidentals? What is that? I actually felt nervous that they photo copied my credit card (?). I asked for the photo copy back to rip up. OK the good points! Location; on the beach and boardwalk. Parking; plenty of meter parking (But only 3 hour time increments!) directly across from hotel (as opposed to parking blocks and blocks away!) So… you decide!

Room Tip: Uh, don't stay here...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location: 21str and Collins ave
Minutes from Lincoln road, Ocean drive, right on the boardwalk ...

Common area: old but ok, AC was working well.

Room: very spacious, AC is very noisy

Bathroom: really old

Pool: poor setup(cheap long chairs, water was not that clean...)

Staff: very nice and helpful staff

No class, but great location at a good price for spacious room that can fit 3-4 pple easily near everything SoBe has to offer

Gave it a 4 because of price and location, but otherwise building/quality is rather a 2

Stayed July 2015
Cumberland, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Don't let what lobby looks like full you. The elevator must not have a sensor because I almost got my arm crushed by the doors. You have about 10 seconds to get on the elevator before the doors shut so you have to rush on. Our room smelled like something was burning. There's mold EVERWHERE and the bathrooms are absolutely horrible. I had to get a shower with my shoes on. And you can hear what people are saying in the other rooms. We ended up changing rooms because of the smell. None of the doors that lead out to the balcony lock. That night our door kept flying open and we woke to women yelling and people running around. A man climbed up to our floor somehow broke into the room right beside us and stole money from them. The hotel left broken class on the floor right beside the elevator. They could have at least put a sign up. They say the are trying to upgrade but this hotel needs shut down. No excuse for what happened that night. Safety in the rooms should come first not new TVs. (they didn't even work half the time). Don't waste your money here its clearly not safe.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

FIRST awesome price. When we checked in room my room wasn't ready until after 4pm I was okay with it. The front desk person I believe his name was Ricardo was very accommodating he told us we can keep our bags change in the rest room and use the pool at the hotel while waiting. He gave us fresh towels and was very pleasant. After the pool Ricardo was able to check us in to the room we rented a regular room but he told us for a small fee we can get ocean view with a balcony. Fantastic we took the offer we will return to Seagull Hotel anytime. I think Ricardo was the manager because he was the only staff with a shirt and tie all others had 4th of July t-shirts. Anyway for the price and service I got from gentlemen Ricardo and the supervisor was out of this world. Thank you Seagull Hotel family.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us for the 4th of July weekend. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Worst stay ever. Lobby seemed clean but rooms were not. Smelled terrible. The new tvs didn't work. Bathroom was filthy. Very noisy. Security wise is not safe. Someone broke into several rooms then broke a window and glass was still lying there by the elevator. Need to shut down and do a whole revamp of the place

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and regret any inconvenience you encountered. We are in the process of upgrading the entire hotel so hopefully if you ever decide to give us another chance you will see a vast improvement. We hope that your next trip to Miami Beach will be more successful.
Livingston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed t this hotel on my once in a lifetime holiday to the USA and I want to stay on a beach front hotel just to say I had . I knew it was never going to be a five star hotel resort but I least wanted a CLEAN bed to sleep. when we arrived at the hotel after being on two flights one lasting 2 hours and the other lasting close to 10 hours and the racing from one side of the airport to other in 10mins ,myself and the friends that came with me were done ,when checking in the ladies at the front desk looked hung over and about to fall down on the floor in front of us.going up the to the rooms ,we found a laggage cart blocking the way of the door with peoples laggage still in with not a member of staff to be seen.finally getting into the rooms we notice that all the beds were unmade and the sink tape was running in the bathroom and the television was still on (it was the right room)the bin I the corner was full of rubbish and the window edge was covered in something green and black. that night (which about an hour later from seeing the rooms) we all went out to find something to eat as we didn't even dare eat anything in the hotel. we stayed out as long as we told hold ourselves up as we really did not want to go back the unclean and unwelcoming rooms. the next morning we were up and ready to go by 7am. when we checked out we ask to get a comment form and the ladies turned very hatful towards us staying that did does not matter what the rooms look like and all the hotels look the same as there and the rooms were spotless (keeping in mind we had not said we were going to leave a bad comment ,even know we were )

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am so sorry you had such a negative experience , I have brought your concerns to the attention of the housekeeper and front office manager as there is no excuse for poor service. I hope your next night in Miami Beach will be more successful and again I apologize for your inconvenience.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Big room pretty dirty we had to clean the bathroom.

Reception and personnel almost OK. We had to call 4 times to have the towel holder fixed again on the wall.

Towels were never enough we always had to ask for more.

The big advantage is you are in front of the ocean but that is it

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
thank you for staying with us and for writing a review I am sorry it took you so many calls to get towels to your room we appreciate you letting us know about this and again apologize for any inconvenience