“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #169 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

THE WORST HOTEL YOU CAN EVER FIND, even the motels were much nicer. The staff working there were HORRIBLE to us, so was the manager. The lift kept breaking down, no parking even though we weren't informed about it. They also robbed the money from our bank account, they took twice the amount we were asked to pay and they were getting cheeky about it, the manager and the staff at the desk are disgraceful worst people ever. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD DETAILS!!!!!!!! Fire the manager and the staff!! and clean the hotel so disappointed, will be taking you to court over robbing the money!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although our stay wasn't that bad the hotel itself is horrible. It's old, it's beat up and the staff definitely doesn't give a crap about you. If you don't need help or anything extra no worries. My friend and I stayed 4 nights. The room was basic and for the most part clean but there was mold in the bathroom. Almost every door frame looks like it's been kicked in, there is only one working ice machine which is on the 7th floor and only one elevator works. Oddly according to these reviews it's been "under construction" for far too long. It's right on the beach and cheap so if you just need a place to crash and get ready it will do the trick. Don't expect a greeting or warm welcome from any staff member because apparently that isn't in their job description. As the title says? You get what you pay for.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel about a week in advance for £95 for a Saturday night stay in Miami Beach. We were really looking forward to our stay and to experince the Miami nightlife but when we arrived we found the staff to be quite rude to both myself and my wife. We were told we would have to pay a deposit for a room safe ($22.26) of which $20 would be returned on check out. I didn't have cash on me to pay so asked if I could pay later after we left our bags in the room. When in the room my wife wanted to make a local call on the room phone which wouldn't work. She called reception to ask why and was told it was because we hadn't paid our safe deposit. Why a safe deposit affected the phones working I don't know why. So on going for a walk we paid the deposit and were assured the phone would now work......it didn't. We also told them that the safe wasn't working as it was an old fashioned lock box with a physical key required. When I told the front desk this they said we had to punch in the code for it to work, so had to explin it wasn't a modern safe, it was a lock box requiring a key. They said they'd send maintenance up, which took over 2 hours despite the maintenance guy standing right beside the lady when I was explaining the problem. When he finally arrived the lock box couldn't be fixed and we had paid for a service which clearly wasn't provided.

The room itself was very old looking and parts of it were filthy. The air conditioning vents were covered with mould and dirt and was very loud. The bathroom door had a very unconvincing repair done to it where it has previously had a big hole in the middle of it. The TV in the room picked up more static than stations.

The parking for the hotel was inconvenient to say the least. Nice big parking area just outside the hotel, but the inconvenience of only being able to pay in 3 hourly increments was a hassle. I know it is a public park and not the hotels private parking facility but upon asking the front desk about the parking they didn't really seem to care and didn't provide much information as to what alternatives there were.

When I asked a member of staff to see if I could get a couple of spoons (knowing that the hotel serves breakfast) they shrugged me off with a "No" and I could try asking in the bar next door for them (which wasn't part of the hotel, just a random bar. Awful, lazy attitude that seemed to be the standard set for our entire stay.

The hotel is handy to the beach and within easy walking distance to Ocean Drive in 10- 15 mins. Free WiFi available in the rooms too was good.

Unfortunately this didn't make up for the treatment by staff and the condition of the hotel.

So in short:
DIRTY
RUDE STAFF
OLD HOTEL
INCONVENIENT PARKING OPTIONS
GOOD FOR BEACH
FREE WIFI
AVOID IF POSSIBLE

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms in such a disappointment of a hotel
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I book a ocean view room which comes with a balcony facing the ocean at the seagull hotel which it's right on the beach by 21st ----one great thing about this place is the location---everything else not so good :
One elevator in service while the 2nd is out of order----which you have to wait a couple of minutes to finally use one-- open the door to the room and bathroom needs upgrading and its a ok to take shower and do your necessities, beds looked clean, ceiling had damage, at night when it rained the rug in the room got flooded with water which is prob moldy, there was a roach in the room keeping us company lol (gross) , last but not least "parking " there's a parking on the side but you pay for hourly and it has a max of either 3 or 6 hours to park there but there's a better place to park which is in a parking garage on 20th street & collins if not mistaking and one 17th & 15th so about every 3 to 4 blocks you see parking garages ----rate for parking in a garage is $1.00 and hour or $20 to $24 for 24 hours not a bad price. You will also get a fee change to your account for the safe I think was like $2 or $3. Pool was ok has acess to the beach

• Stayed September 2014
Wellington, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I rented a room in this place, from internet pictures... Big mistake, and I prepaid... I know, second big mistake, but I trusted the website which I used before.
Anyway, the place is a dump, I wouldn't have let my dog sleep in there. Obviously, we did not stay. I checked-in, didn't like the outside much, didn't like the lobby either, the clerk had serious attitude issues, only on of the 2 elevators worked, the indicator lights are off on the "working one" so you don't know what floor you're at... The room door was dented as if someone tried to break in several times, the door even locked didn't quite close all the way, the carpet inside.... sticky..., the bathroom had mold all over the grout not only around the bathtub, but 1/2 the wall was covered as well....
This is probably the worst dump I got sucked in. Lesson learned..

Room Tip: Don't even think about it.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am sorry you felt our hotel was not to your liking and decided not to stay, I hope that you found a hotel that suited your needs better and you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in South Beach.
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Please do not stay at this hotel! I am a seasoned traveller and can honestly say this has been the worst hotel I have stayed in.

The woman at front desk is extremely rude, you have to pay for parking and can only pay in three hour increments: we had to go out day and night to top up ie pretty expensive. The room is large but the bed had long hairs on the sheets, the a/c doesn't work properly and we were made to pay a deposit for the safe, which doesn't work. The maintenance guy who came up to look at the safe told us he is called to the room most days ie the staff are aware it doesn't work, however do not fix it and still insist that you pay for the 'convenience'!

On the plus side, location is good and it does have wifi. However, do yourself a favour and go elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry you felt this was the worst stay ever and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, I am not sure who you spoke with in maintenance any reported issue is always responded to and corrected to the best of our ability, whoever told you otherwise gave you wrong information and i do apologize for that. With regards to rude service or cleanliness issue there is no excuse for that and we will look into your comments immediately. Parking in South Beach when available is very expensive, most hotels charge$30.00 unfortunately we can not control that. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Tum Tum WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We needed to spend one night in Miami between cruises. We booked this location on line with no real information ahead of time.

The lobby was nicely appointed with many areas to sit. Only 1 elevator was working. The pool was clean and inviting. Location was great for the beach but at the beach you have to pay for lounge chairs and this was excessive!

The room was LARGE. Could have easily accommodated 2 King sized beds. Things went downhill from there. Television was OLD-STYLE! I mean "tube' style. Reception was not clear on most channels. Listing of channels was out-dated/wrong. Air conditioning was old and LOUD. Then there was the bathroom. This was SCAREY!!. The tub was not something that I would even take a shower in. Sink faucet dripped and the cold indicator popped out every time that I turned it on.

The buffet breakfast was good, but EXPENSIVE! If I had the option, I would have gone to a Denny's and eaten for about half the price. There was a bar but I never saw it open.

In a pinch this hotel was adequate but I doubt that I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are in the process of updating our hotel including modernizing the elevator. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again if you decide to give us another chance.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!