“Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #165 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
CA
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Finally got to writing a review about this hotel. We arrived around 10am and we knew we wouldnt be able to check in until 3pm, so we left our bags with the front desk and walked around, went to the beach and had lunch. When we first arrived we were not greeted by anyone, the front desk person was really young and obviously doesnt have great customer service. We came back at 3pm and the girl at the front desk was too busy talking to security to even notice that we had walked in. We inquired about the room and were told it wasnt ready. So we sat in the lobby waiting. A few minutes later the girl said the room was ready. The lobby should have been an indication of what the rest of the hotel looked like. Its outdated and old, well the room was the exact same way. We had originally requested a queen bed but were instead given 2 double beds..ummm really!! The bathroom was extremely small and outdated as well. We are not picky people at all, we actually stay at Motel 6 motels and are fine with that. We are basic people who love to travel and would rather spend our money on attractions instead of hotels, but for this hotel..its the other way around. I wouldnt stay here again, I would rather pay more and stay elsewhere. The location of the hotel is great, close to the beach and restaurants, there is dive bar around the corner, great walking distance to other attractions. I would have been ok with the hotel if their employees provided patrons with better customer service, their first bad impressions leave a bad taste in your mouth.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry you were so disappointed when you stayed with us in 2013 and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is very old but it is in a very awsome location you can walk to linclon road in five minutes or to ocean drive in ten.I recommend not getting a car because the hotel dose not have parking and it's an inconvince having to go down every three hours to pay for parking.But the pool is beautiful and the beach is half a step away also very nice staff at the front desk thankyou Manny and Larissa for being very helpful during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you very much for staying with us, I agree with your recommendation not to bring a car as parking here is sparse and expensive. I was happy to hear that Manny and Larissa were helpful during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sorry for the late review..if u are super pickyyyy then don't stay here. Otherwise if u are looking for a place to stay ON the beach without braking the bank then do stay here.
I chose this place for my bachelorette party in late May(4 other girls and myself) cuz of the price and location.
We took the airport bus (there and back) for super cheap, was dropped off like a 2min walk away from the hotel.
The staff were always friendly, helped us over the top when we needed directions or something printed off.
Yes the rooms do need some updating..but for real, the huge walk in closet made up for the standard sized room, other than that it was clean and comfortable.
We had housekeeping only once..and nothing went missing, the ladies were super sweet!
We had a problem with a couple of other gusts a few doors down.and security was up right away to solve the problem
The pool area was very nice...did not go in the pool, but others did and seem to be enjoying it. I wuld suggest to the hotel maybe have some music playing wuld be more enjoyable
Only one elevator worked..and yes only one ice machine(7th flr) worked..and the bar was closed..but those were minor things to fuss about, considering wat we paid.
Otherwise, everything was fine, easy to get around ( we walked almost everywere..the I Love Liquor Store is like a 5min walk away), right on the beach and a great price! (booked hotel flite deal thru delta for a super great price, 4 nites)
I would stay here again if I wanted a good deal..and I always do!! :)

Also a tip for any ladies looking for a great night out..contact Daniel Potter https://www.facebook.com/DPotterGL
OR Christian https://www.facebook.com/vipprestigelifestyle
They will se up up with VIP club and drinks free all night long!! We had a blast! Paid nothing!!
And
WorldCrawlMiami, find a groupon, $40 with nightclub entry to 4 places and drink tix, had fun with this too! ;)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for your bachelorette party, it sounded like you had a lot of funny which is something we like to hear. we look forward to seeing you again maybe on your anniversary!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The building was old. One of the elevators did not work. They don't have parking. No refrigerators in the room. Most of the time Customer service was not good. As a plus the rooms(at least mine) was clean beds were comfortable and the it is in a GREAT location.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we let you down with customer service and appreciate your input . We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future if you do decide to give us another chance.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is very close to the beach however not very close to shopping area. The bed was comfy but the walls were very thin so you could hear everything from neigbouring room, so it made you conscious that others could hear us too. There was only one lift working. I did notice that this was an issue a while ago, before making the booking but would have thought it would have been rectified before we came but obviously not. Either there is not enough funds to repair the lift or they just dont care and will wait for the other lift to break before then getting both or just one fixed. The hotel is in a desperate need for renovations or even just a general better upkeep. Room cleanliness, presentation and furnishing were very substandard.

Room Tip: If your gonna stay here, you need to try stay up high. Level 8 is where we stayed and atleast you go...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we appreciate you bringing your thoughts to our attention. An elevator modernization can take up to a year per elevator which is very frustrating while it is occurring however it will all be worth it when we have brand new elevators. Thank you again for staying with us.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the outside you could tell the building was older than those surround it. However, I never judge a book by it's cover. After I walked in I noticed how dark the lobby was which was brighter than the dark and dingy dining area. Since we were so hungry we decided to eat breakfast which was WAY OVERPRICED for what you got. I think it was 14.99 a person. I have payed more than that at other places which were nicer, brighter and looked clean. This was not only dark, it looked dirty and the area was way too small and cramped. This is the best area because when I opened the door to the room the hair on my neck stood up. The bathroom looked 50 years old with dark mold spots around the tub, the walls looked like they haven't seen a coat of paint in 50 years. The floors looked dusty, the closet (if you can call it that) was large but gross. The furniture was old and cheap and looked like it was gotten out of a dumpster. The alarm clock still had finger prints on it that were made with greasy fingers. The large window was dirty and I don't think it had been cleaned in 50 years either. The beds we just say on and watched t.v. Did I mention we only needed a room to hang out in between getting off our cruise and departing from MAI airport. It was a long layover so we figured we would go swimming and have a place to change. The only great thing of this hotel was that you were practically on the beach. I have traveled all over the country for both work and pleasure and I have to say this was one of the most horrible hotels I have stayed out. Oh, did I mention that of the 2 elevators, one was down for "modernizing" which the other was small, dirty and slower than molasses. I am thankful I did not have to sleep in this hotel because if I had made a reservation for 1 night or 1 week, they would have been giving me my money back. This was not a cheap day at 158.00 including tax, plus an additional 25.00 for early check in. Someone needs to tell this note at a minimum, paint the walls, rip out the bathrooms and get some modern, undamaged furniture. I can't stress it enough... DO NOT STAY HERE, IT IS GROSS, GROSS, GROSS..... I am going to try to see if I can get my money back because my skin is still crawling.

Room Tip: Choose a good room somewhere else because you won't find it here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry you had such a negative experience at our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns and I hope your next trip to South Beach will be more successful
Bogotá, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

In spite of the fact that location is excellent, the building is too old and smells awfully dirty. I stayed there for business due to its closed location to Miami Convention Center. Just one slow elevator working; I was afraid to walk around the room without shoes. I definitely wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry you were not happy at our hotel. We are in the process of modernizing our elevators as with all projects it does take time. I hope that despite being disappointed with us you were able to enjoy a successful convention

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!