“The worse experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #170 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“The worse experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel it's like a hot sauna, no AC,the smell is awfully dirty. The hall way doors have cracks on them. The door frames look like they forced them open with a strong force and THE ONLY REASON I CHOSE THIS ONE IS BECAUSE THE SOUTH BEACH HOTEL NEXT BLOCK DID NOT RESPECT MYRESERVATION FROM EXPEDIA AND RIPE OFF WITH OVER $300 .I'm definitely never coming back to this hotel. Matter of fact I did not even spend the night at this hotel. I went looking for another one.

Stayed July 2014
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am very sorry you had a bad experience, we do have central air conditioning that works fine however things do break and we get them fixed i am sorry if that did not happen during your one night. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with your Expedia reservation at a different hotel, I am sure if you contact them again they will find a resolution for you. I hope the rest of your stay in South Beach was more successful.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed with my teenager boy in this hotel in June 2014 and we were satisfied. Very good price and so nice staff! The pool was nice! We made our reservation via Ebookers and we got good price for 10 nights.

Room Tip: Take your room upper levels, you get more silence.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only positive thing I have to say about this hotel is its great location. The hotel is on the beach and in walking distance of many restaurants, bars, boutiques, and other sources of entertainment. From the outside, the hotel looks old. It looks even older on the inside. There is only one working elevator and it takes forever. If you have to be somewhere by a certain time, leave earlier because of the slow elevator. The room doors are difficult to open and the key cards easily stop working. The bathroom just looks old and almost nasty. I don't walk on the room floor without socks and didn't walk into the bathroom without shoes. The tub and toilet are worn and I was afraid to use them. The walls are thin so you hear everything when you're trying to sleep. I'll never stay here again. Oh yeah I checked in Thursday and leave tomorrow, July 13th 2014. I had a good time because I only came to my room to sleep and get dressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We are very sorry to hear that you were so disappointed in your stay. we do appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We are in the process of upgrading our entire hotel and even though we understand that you say you will never again come back we hope you change your mind and will see a positive change in the upcoming season.
Ekeren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading all coments here i allready booked an other hotel but decided to check it out and ok it looks old and it needs an upgrade but the rooms we were in were clean , beds are clean and good , wifi in the room, no fridge , you hear everything in the hallway , the bathtubs are worn!
Parking is a problem but that's not the fault of the hotel , friendly personel at the reception.
We stayed one night and then went on to the other hotel ( with breakfast and free parking outside Miami)

Stayed July 2014
thank you for taking a chance and staying with us for the one night, we are happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay. I know parking in our area is very limited. We hope you enjoyed your stay at the second hotel and of course enjoyed the parking and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the future
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Trust me I was skeptical upon reading reviews but do not be scared of this hotel! This hotel was so conveniently located and I honestly expected a crappy hotel but it was a solid hotel where my self and my friends found ourselves very satisfied with.

The hotel room was clean and spacious and had a balcony. beds were very comfortable and CLEAN. Hotel room as a whole didnt have a bad smell like other hotels tend to have. Bathrooms clean as well. Ice bucket provided is small in the rooms, wish it was bigger and not every ice machine on every floor works, we had to hunt for ice, but we managed. room has no mini fridge so plan accordingly. The elevators take a little long to go up and down the building but thats not a concern for me. Hotel is located on the beach and in walking distance to main collins ave shopping area and neighboring hotels. Safe location.

Check out was easy and even though we lost one of the room keys there was no charge to that, they didn't give a hard time for it which was so relieving. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and I am planning to use this as my main hotel stay in south beach in the future; especially because it was such a good price!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
fkennedy, General Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you will be making this your go to hotel in South Beach. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms so when you do come back you will find an newer property. We look forward to seeing you again soon
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is completely not worth it starting from the hair in the bathtub to the mildewy smell in the room. Location was okay considering the beach was I behind the hotel. The pool and the air conditioning was probably it's best amenity. I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
we are very sorry to hear that you were not happy at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. we hope your next trip to beautiful south beach will be more successful.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

most filthy, disgusting, run down rat trap. Filth.the beds, the linens the floors.filthy bathroom. hair in bed.forfeited the money and left. went down the road to a wonderful boutique hotel. An ABSOLUTE DISGRACE..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
we are very sorry to hear your disappointed view of our hotel. We hope you had a more successful stay in your next hotel and you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!