“Only stay here if you are 20 years old!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #171 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Only stay here if you are 20 years old!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

There are 20 year olds hanging out in front of the hotel when we arrived. The hotel staff were also 20 year olds and the room was disgustingly dirty with hair. The only positive thing was the view and the price!

• Stayed July 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review, yes this month has seen a large number of younger people enjoying the hotel, we do have a age policy of only checking in 21 years or older and yes we do have a younger staff to cater to the needs of all of our guest young and old alike. we look forward to seeing you again and remember some times there are younger people here in south beach especially the summer and spring break times. I am sorry you felt the room was not clean we do take this very seriously and I apologize if this was not addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. overall hotel was obviously not exactly what it looks on pictures but it was what i paid for. Great location specially feet away from the beach. Only thing about making my reservation through Book it, was a BAD idea. The room i had chosen was a oceanfront and once i arrived to the hotel to check in they told me thats not what i had in my reservations that i had to contact book it so i can have that room, i tried calling book it but the wait time was over 45 mins, we spoke to them and they did not know why or how it happened. Well after all that trouble we just decided to leave things how they were and stay in our side ocean view room which was not bad view at all. My first day once i arrived it was super bad weather, raining and lots of flooding. all the other days the weather was amazing. Staff was friendly and made sure our stay was comfotable, they helped us and recommended places where we can go. One little thing that bothered me was a moldy smell in the room, which housekeeping came to spray some chemical that made it go away but of course came back, other than that my stay at Seagull was good. and a special thanks to front desk girl named Gaby , which she was very helpful while we checked in and made sure we were able to get a room since our flight was super early. Thank you :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry you had problems with the misunderstanding with bookit regarding your room type, but was happy to hear you did get a nice view afterall. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpfullness of the staff I will be sure to pass your words along to them and happy Gaby was able to check you in early so you can enjoy your vacation longer, Please contact us direct for your next stay so we can make sure you will have your oceanfront room and we look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully the weather will cooperate on your next trip.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It seemed somewhat decent place to stay for 2 nights. The pictures online was showing nice and clean hotel room. When we arrived it looked like a old beat up bungalo house. Very rude front desk employees. everything we asked was impossible and they had to go out of their way to make it happen. All we asked was for a Crib and extra towels . The rooms are very unsanitary and not safe for anyone to stay in. They should be shut down for renovation. The pool closes at 8 pm. Security lady at the pool told us that it's closed as we just got to the pool at 7:50 (did not want to go to the beach with kids) I pointed to her the pull rulls and it did not have any time of operation. She told me I dont know but it closes at 8. I have to go home at 8pm. The only thing we enjoyed was the view . hallways were scary and abounded I thought I was in some hotel that survived a WAR or something. door had bumps in them like someone tried to get into every single room by damaging all the doors.

Room Tip: Go with prices hotels will be better off. rather cheap .. I cant even call this a Hotel. it's no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns. The pool hours are sunrise to sunset and again I apologize if that inconvenienced you and your family. It is with comments such as yours that we can learn from our mistakes and do better.
Valrico, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

They quoted us a bogus rate and charged us to two credit cards and only gave us one receipt. When I called them for the quote the young lady was very nice and told me she was giving me the best rate and I was blown away, then it turns out I was charged double. I gave her my credit card to reserve and told her I would be paying with a different card. When we arrived we gave them our other credit card we signed for our rooms. Our credit card was not being accepted for some odd reason and when we finally checked out it worked and we made it clear we wanted all charges on this card. WE got our receipt with the amount that I was quoted and a few days later my other card is charged for the same amount. Well that just put me over the edge because we did not even get a receipt for this charge. Paid double for this place when I could of stayed at a gorgeous resort for the price I paid at this place. The original quoted/rate was reasonable for this place. Very shabby, disgusting and the elevator will kill someone someday.

Room Tip: Stay at a resort or better hotel, this place is terrible and their business practices are questionab...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
thank you for your review, we are sorry for any misunderstanding as we explained to you that you booked and stayed in two rooms, a copy of the receipt was mailed to you.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I read some of the reviews and was very apprehensive about staying here. I when with an open mine. I'm so glad I followed my own mine and spirit because this hotel is not bad at all. The staff was excellent. My room was clean and everything was in working order. The pool was great and the access to the beach was wonderful. I will be retuning to this hotel very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you followed your own mind and gave us a chance and had a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please call us direct so we can make sure you have the same oceanfront room
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the best Hotel ever and we spend the Months of January and February there went back again in May for a two weeks stay planning to be there 2 nights in October after returning from a cruise and at the same time booking for 3months Jan.Febr.and March 2014.After that trip have to send you another review but this time the Seagull hotel has already a new name and will be named the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SUITES..Complete renovation will be done, but not the people this is like a family and the reason we are staying there are the people who are out of this world those are people who make the world go around.Prices will go up offcourse but location and service will be still exellent.One of the reasons? the General Manager Mrs.Faith Kennedy all the Department Managers and the Restaurant chef Mr. Robert Berryman.
Don't want to forget the lovely people at Housekeeping who are working so hard and our Service dept.Maintenance with Chief Engineer Ricardo.People are so very important to us and offcourse to everybody

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and Sunny and having a ocean Front room is the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure having you stay with us. You have become part of our family here at the Seagull Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed at your hotel two weeks ago and I had a very pleasant experience. I had a really bad flight and I was dreading having to face a bad check in as well. But everything was smooth quick, and the room was clean and very comfy.Thank you to Nestor for being caring and allowing me to enjoy my trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
thank you for your review we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!