“Great Value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #170 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I read some of the reviews and was very apprehensive about staying here. I when with an open mine. I'm so glad I followed my own mine and spirit because this hotel is not bad at all. The staff was excellent. My room was clean and everything was in working order. The pool was great and the access to the beach was wonderful. I will be retuning to this hotel very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you followed your own mind and gave us a chance and had a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please call us direct so we can make sure you have the same oceanfront room

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the best Hotel ever and we spend the Months of January and February there went back again in May for a two weeks stay planning to be there 2 nights in October after returning from a cruise and at the same time booking for 3months Jan.Febr.and March 2014.After that trip have to send you another review but this time the Seagull hotel has already a new name and will be named the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SUITES..Complete renovation will be done, but not the people this is like a family and the reason we are staying there are the people who are out of this world those are people who make the world go around.Prices will go up offcourse but location and service will be still exellent.One of the reasons? the General Manager Mrs.Faith Kennedy all the Department Managers and the Restaurant chef Mr. Robert Berryman.
Don't want to forget the lovely people at Housekeeping who are working so hard and our Service dept.Maintenance with Chief Engineer Ricardo.People are so very important to us and offcourse to everybody

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and Sunny and having a ocean Front room is the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure having you stay with us. You have become part of our family here at the Seagull Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

stayed at your hotel two weeks ago and I had a very pleasant experience. I had a really bad flight and I was dreading having to face a bad check in as well. But everything was smooth quick, and the room was clean and very comfy.Thank you to Nestor for being caring and allowing me to enjoy my trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
thank you for your review we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I just wanted to say that this young lady katie muller made are stay on South Beach very wonderful help us find all the restaurants we want to find and the best places to go out at night and took time to help us out whatever little problem we had. South Beach wouldn't be that bad with everything being crazy over price if there we're more young ladies like her working

• Stayed June 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Katie was helpful, we will pass on your kind words to her and look forward to seeing you again soon
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I planned my birthday weekend in miami, so i needed a hotel to stay at so i came across seagull hotel online saw the reviews wasnt so great,but the rates was awesome so i book it, when i got to the hotel to check in, my front desk clerk was Linda she was very friendly and helpful, went to my room it was pretty decend, even though the hotel was old,it was clean. the staff was very nice and helpful,my second night there my ac stop working. so i called down to the front desk and nadrine say she will send maintence to resloved my probllem, but after the guy came to my room ac kept getting warmer. went to the front desk and Nadrine told me she's just change my room, i must say the new room was much better AC was working real good. she was very helpful so i enjoy my birthday and the front desk girls made it even better, i will definitely come back great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we are so happy to hear that you had a great birthday weekend and Linda was very friendly. I am sorry you had issues with your air conditioning but am very happy that Nadrine was able to resolve it for you and you were able to continue to enjoy your weekend. We look forward to celebrating another birthday with you!
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I usually don't write reviews. However I thought I should write a review on The Seagull Hotel in regards to all the negativity posted on this page. I went early May and stayed there for the weekend for a convention located at the Miami Beach Convention center. Diana checked me in and Out and was very attentive as well as the rest of the Front Desk staff. I didn't have to pay for a taxi or take a shuttle because the Hotel is located about ten minutes from the Convention Center so I easily walked to work every morning. Which is about 4 to 5 blocks. This hotel offers free WIFI and you can use it no matter how long you need it for because it is FREE! most hotels charge a flat rate or charge for the data usage but not this hotel. I had room service every morning and the maid on the floor was nice and caring since I was alone and worked all day long. The sheets are clean, I did not find any hairs or rats like other people state. At night, I did go out with a few co-workers and we easily walked to Ocean Drive since the hotel is walking distance to there. I had a great time overall and this hotel is very great if you are on a business trip or need some time off. I recommend staying here. There is a safe charge of $2.26 and that is the only fee. Great Hotel. Don't listen to the other reviews.

Room Tip: get a high floor the seventh is a good floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review especially since you are not in the habit of doing so. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Diana was very helpful. we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I read and was concerned with some of the reviews when this hotel was booked for my visit to Miami... Upon arrival - I seriously don't know which hotel those others believed they were staying in!! My experience from start to finish was beyond my expectations for the price at this location! All the amenities were operating, air conditioning was freezing, elevators working, pool sparkling and beach just outside the door (YAY!) My room on the 6th floor had a wall of windows that offered me a stunning view of the Atlantic morning and night. Walk in closet- wonderful housekeeping and plenty of space to stretch out and relax!
Let's don't forget the team... Nestor (mgr) has done a wonderful job assembling a staff of gracious hosts and hostesses who know how to care for travellers. I won't drop a ton of names ... but I felt very well looked after. ((Chef Robert works a miracle with omelets ;) )) The buffet each morning was hot & ready! A bright spot every morning as I set off to complete my errands and touring.
I will be returning again very soon- and will look forward to seeing my new friends at the Seagull Hotel :D

Room Tip: I loved the space on the 6th floor- views were wonderful day and night!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. I have passed on your kind words to Nestor, Robert and the staff and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!