“Art Deco Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #165 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Art Deco Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel could really be something if the staff wasn't so rude and with simple updating like better quality towels, updated head boards, new carpet, new tub's sink's and fixtures. I stayed at this hotel in december of 2011 and 2012 the last time I stayed there me and my friends all got sick from black mold. No parking, lazy staff, housekeeping is a joke!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony! Don't let them push you around, let them know you will leave reviews
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed on your third trip here. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we let you down and we do take your concerns to heart. I am happy to tell you that we will be renovating this year so I am very confident that if youdo decide to give us another chance next year you will find a huge improvement and we will once again be your hotel to stay at in South Beach.

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

During my stay at the seagull hotel I received excellent customer service from the staff and the one person who stood out was a young lady at the front desk by the name of Diana M., she was very courteous and helpful in making me and my family happy in getting us the the room we wanted. The hotel is very clean and a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will also return next time because of the positive attitude and leadership Diana M. shows. Once again enjoyed my stay in the seagull hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Seagull Hotel. I was so happy to hear that Diana stood out and gave you excellent customer service we certainly like to hear that and we will pass on your encouraging words to her. We look forward to seeing you again soon please contact us directly and we will be more than happy to upgrade you on your next stay with us here.
Miami Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Perfect price for a beachside hotel. My room had a balcony with a partial view to the ocean and couldn't be more lovely! The staff are all very friendly and nice and understanding. Diana From the front desk made sure we got a great room to prove the reviews wrong and she was successful! The rooms are nice and yes they are clean!! the housekeeping staff try hard to give you what you need. The buffet in the morning is also great. I will come back to this hotel next Memorial Day weekend !! Enjoyed my stay at the seagull ! :)

• Stayed May 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Diana made sure you got a great room. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

To start ,the homeless live next door, your at the end of the strip so, its a long walk. Don't pay for oceanfront rooms because they have no ocean front rooms and will not give you your money back! When walking to your rooms it look like the homeless should stay there for FREE, elevators work sometimes, bugs!!! Bad customer service!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, however we are very confused by your comments as we have 30 oceanfront rooms with balconies and direct view of the ocean as well as 20 oceanview rooms with balconies which have a a partial view of the ocean, so if you had reserved an oceanfront room you would have received it. I apologize for any other inconvenience you encountered if you stayed here.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After an 18 hour trip I finally arrived at the hotel and wanted to check in. At the front desk I was told that my reservation was for a week later, which I then proved wrong as my voucher stated the right day. I was basically told that this can't be and it's everyone else's fault except theirs. After another wait for about 15 minutes the lady said it was ok and I can get a room.
The rooms itself... well I didn't expect much for that price, which was alright. Location is also not that bad. Pretty close to the hotspots of Miami Beach.
The reason I am writing this review is mainly because of the rude, incompetent and unfriendly staff all above the general manager.
On one of my last days of my stay, my backpack got stolen on the pool, even though they have a surrounding fence and security. However, the fence is not very high, so it's easy for someone to climb over it. So watch out for your things! Apparently also the rooms are not very secure, so keep your stuff in the safe.
When I reported the theft to the security, we watched the CCTV in the back office together with the general manager. He unfortunately was more concerend to leave work on time to go home being impatient to the police officer and me than being helpful in identifying the crime that happened in his hotel.
And so was the front desk supervisor. Rude, incapable and totally untrained in terms of complaint handling.
But what to expect if a person, who apparently doesn't know anything about hospitality, is managing this place.
One more point, housekeeping is cleaning the rooms whenever they feel like it. If you're not out at 8.30 am (on holidays!!) don't expect to come back later that day into a cleaned room.
All in all I was shocked of the incompetence of the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
thank you for your review, unfortunately as we explained to you our hotel as all hotels are not responsible for items left unattended which is why we provide a safe in the room. Our pool area is secure and we have security. It was unfortunate that someone took advantage of the situation and took your unattended items. We are sorry you felt the manager was not helpful, he did make every effort to assist you.
Paterson, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Where do I start, okay so like most of you I decided to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt. I know how some people have unrealistic expectations for cheap prices but believe me that is not the case. I got to the hotel at 2pm and was told to come back in 2 hrs because my room wasn't ready. I was perfectly fine with that. When I finally walked into my room it hadn't been cleaned. There were no sheets on the beds, the bathroom reeked and there was garbage all over the floor. I called the front desk and they sent up 2 very rude housekeepers to the room. It was another 30 mins before my room was ready. The manager refused to see us, stating the problem was getting fixed. I insisted and had to pull an apology out of her and ask to change rooms, which we never did because the AC was broken in the room that was offered to us. I knew my stay was going to be a nightmare when an employee from the hotel stated that everyone complains, the AC doesnt work in most rooms, and the elevators are ancient. The staff was extremely rude and non attentive to the customers. There was mold and mushrooms growing out of the bathroom ceiling. I am not kidding. There was a continous leak from the floor above us, which we soon discovered was urine leaking from the bathroom upstairs. The ATM machine didnt work for most of my stay. And the only Ice Machine working was the one located on the 7th floor. The only plus I had a balcony. This is the first review I have ever written because I felt the need to warn people to stay away. I will pay more to stay at a different hotel next time and I could care less whether they renovate or not, I will never stay here again!!! Plain and simple it was a nightmare.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
we are very sorry to hear you had so many problems and they were not addressed immediately during your stay. All the ice machines are working however when there is a great demand sometimes they run out while new ice is being made. Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention so we may learn from them and fix the problem where we can. I hope your next stay to our beautiful city will be a happier one.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I stood at the Seagull Resort last month (March 2013) for five days. The hotel itself needs some major renovations, the elevator is too small and takes too long, there are no irons or iron boards in the room and we had to go downstairs to linens to pick up one everyday to iron clothes. The bathroom is not the best and the linens in the room need to be updated BUT we knew that for the location and price we were not getting a five star hotel. We did enjoy the balcony view of Miami beach, waking up every morning to it was a perk. It's a two minute walk to the beach which was another plus. It's also located on Collins Avenue where there were many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Customer service was good and whenever we needed extra towels, the staff went out their way to help. They also have a decent buffet downstairs at the lobby which was also nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to tell you that we will be renovating this year starting with the elevators. When you come back next year you will find a new property with the same friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!