“STAY AWAY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #167 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“STAY AWAY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

To start ,the homeless live next door, your at the end of the strip so, its a long walk. Don't pay for oceanfront rooms because they have no ocean front rooms and will not give you your money back! When walking to your rooms it look like the homeless should stay there for FREE, elevators work sometimes, bugs!!! Bad customer service!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, however we are very confused by your comments as we have 30 oceanfront rooms with balconies and direct view of the ocean as well as 20 oceanview rooms with balconies which have a a partial view of the ocean, so if you had reserved an oceanfront room you would have received it. I apologize for any other inconvenience you encountered if you stayed here.

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After an 18 hour trip I finally arrived at the hotel and wanted to check in. At the front desk I was told that my reservation was for a week later, which I then proved wrong as my voucher stated the right day. I was basically told that this can't be and it's everyone else's fault except theirs. After another wait for about 15 minutes the lady said it was ok and I can get a room.
The rooms itself... well I didn't expect much for that price, which was alright. Location is also not that bad. Pretty close to the hotspots of Miami Beach.
The reason I am writing this review is mainly because of the rude, incompetent and unfriendly staff all above the general manager.
On one of my last days of my stay, my backpack got stolen on the pool, even though they have a surrounding fence and security. However, the fence is not very high, so it's easy for someone to climb over it. So watch out for your things! Apparently also the rooms are not very secure, so keep your stuff in the safe.
When I reported the theft to the security, we watched the CCTV in the back office together with the general manager. He unfortunately was more concerend to leave work on time to go home being impatient to the police officer and me than being helpful in identifying the crime that happened in his hotel.
And so was the front desk supervisor. Rude, incapable and totally untrained in terms of complaint handling.
But what to expect if a person, who apparently doesn't know anything about hospitality, is managing this place.
One more point, housekeeping is cleaning the rooms whenever they feel like it. If you're not out at 8.30 am (on holidays!!) don't expect to come back later that day into a cleaned room.
All in all I was shocked of the incompetence of the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
thank you for your review, unfortunately as we explained to you our hotel as all hotels are not responsible for items left unattended which is why we provide a safe in the room. Our pool area is secure and we have security. It was unfortunate that someone took advantage of the situation and took your unattended items. We are sorry you felt the manager was not helpful, he did make every effort to assist you.
Paterson, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Where do I start, okay so like most of you I decided to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt. I know how some people have unrealistic expectations for cheap prices but believe me that is not the case. I got to the hotel at 2pm and was told to come back in 2 hrs because my room wasn't ready. I was perfectly fine with that. When I finally walked into my room it hadn't been cleaned. There were no sheets on the beds, the bathroom reeked and there was garbage all over the floor. I called the front desk and they sent up 2 very rude housekeepers to the room. It was another 30 mins before my room was ready. The manager refused to see us, stating the problem was getting fixed. I insisted and had to pull an apology out of her and ask to change rooms, which we never did because the AC was broken in the room that was offered to us. I knew my stay was going to be a nightmare when an employee from the hotel stated that everyone complains, the AC doesnt work in most rooms, and the elevators are ancient. The staff was extremely rude and non attentive to the customers. There was mold and mushrooms growing out of the bathroom ceiling. I am not kidding. There was a continous leak from the floor above us, which we soon discovered was urine leaking from the bathroom upstairs. The ATM machine didnt work for most of my stay. And the only Ice Machine working was the one located on the 7th floor. The only plus I had a balcony. This is the first review I have ever written because I felt the need to warn people to stay away. I will pay more to stay at a different hotel next time and I could care less whether they renovate or not, I will never stay here again!!! Plain and simple it was a nightmare.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
we are very sorry to hear you had so many problems and they were not addressed immediately during your stay. All the ice machines are working however when there is a great demand sometimes they run out while new ice is being made. Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention so we may learn from them and fix the problem where we can. I hope your next stay to our beautiful city will be a happier one.
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I stood at the Seagull Resort last month (March 2013) for five days. The hotel itself needs some major renovations, the elevator is too small and takes too long, there are no irons or iron boards in the room and we had to go downstairs to linens to pick up one everyday to iron clothes. The bathroom is not the best and the linens in the room need to be updated BUT we knew that for the location and price we were not getting a five star hotel. We did enjoy the balcony view of Miami beach, waking up every morning to it was a perk. It's a two minute walk to the beach which was another plus. It's also located on Collins Avenue where there were many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Customer service was good and whenever we needed extra towels, the staff went out their way to help. They also have a decent buffet downstairs at the lobby which was also nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to tell you that we will be renovating this year starting with the elevators. When you come back next year you will find a new property with the same friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After reading horrible reviews I expected it to be much worst. We got a decent room - it was clean, bathroom was clean also. For 130 bucks per day during winter music conference it a bargain. We spent most of the time outside the hotel, we were there only to sleep few hours and shower. I didn't see any roaches or mice or some other stuff. Room was pretty old but it was clean when we arrived. People who write those bad reviews probably dumb - they expect 5 star hotel paying very little money. Get a clue - it's not gonna be a Hilton Bentley. Also it's really close to lincoln road, ocaen drive and most bars and clubs.
And it's right on the beach. Another plus that on 21st street where is this hotel located beach is not crowded at all so you don't have to lay next to strangers and worry about people are running around. I haven't check the pol cause I didnt need it if there is atlantic ocean few feets away.
Stuff is friendly but only front desk stuff speak english. So be patient trying to explain your houskeeper what do you want lol.
They just need to fix elevator cause only ONE is working and provide a better WiFi
I would recmmend that hotel to the young crowd, definately not the people with kids or seniors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be renovating this year and that will start with brand new elevators. We hope when you come back you will see a great improvement.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was not cleaned. The hair dryer also went very hot, and almost went on fire when I turned it on. Could not use it. Nasty looking hotel, the only thing positive is the location. The pool is in the shadow of another hotel. and has not been cleaned either. We saw a used tampon in there. We also had a hole in the wall, that we could see through. The worst thing by far, is when we noticed that they had not cleaned at all behind the bed. We found cockroaches there. We notified the hotel immedietaly. They told us they were sorry, and that maintenance would take care of it. They never showed up, and all the other rooms were fully booked. Welcome to Miami! It is so more worth it to pay extra to live at a nicer place where they actually clean the rooms.

Room Tip: At least not 301.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at the Seagull Hotel. There is no excuse for poor cleanliness and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know so we can look into this immediately .
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was going to book a room for 3 nights for memorial day weekend with them because they told me they don't charge anything until you check in. All of a sudden 2 months later I tried to get gas and I have no money in my account, turns out they took 1st night's stay. So I called and the lady failed to tell me this so I canceled my stay and told them to put the money back on. A week later my money is still not on there so I called again they said they JUST posted it today now keep in mind they told me they posted it the day I canceled now I have to wait another 7 days to get my money. Can we say pissed off!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
we do have a policy of collecting 1 night deposit for special events such as Memorial Day, I am very sorry this was not explained to you when you booked. Please contact us immediately if you have not received your refund and we will be happy to call your bank for you. Again I am sorry this was not explained fully to you.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!