“Great Price for the Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #165 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Price for the Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I stood at the Seagull Resort last month (March 2013) for five days. The hotel itself needs some major renovations, the elevator is too small and takes too long, there are no irons or iron boards in the room and we had to go downstairs to linens to pick up one everyday to iron clothes. The bathroom is not the best and the linens in the room need to be updated BUT we knew that for the location and price we were not getting a five star hotel. We did enjoy the balcony view of Miami beach, waking up every morning to it was a perk. It's a two minute walk to the beach which was another plus. It's also located on Collins Avenue where there were many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Customer service was good and whenever we needed extra towels, the staff went out their way to help. They also have a decent buffet downstairs at the lobby which was also nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to tell you that we will be renovating this year starting with the elevators. When you come back next year you will find a new property with the same friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After reading horrible reviews I expected it to be much worst. We got a decent room - it was clean, bathroom was clean also. For 130 bucks per day during winter music conference it a bargain. We spent most of the time outside the hotel, we were there only to sleep few hours and shower. I didn't see any roaches or mice or some other stuff. Room was pretty old but it was clean when we arrived. People who write those bad reviews probably dumb - they expect 5 star hotel paying very little money. Get a clue - it's not gonna be a Hilton Bentley. Also it's really close to lincoln road, ocaen drive and most bars and clubs.
And it's right on the beach. Another plus that on 21st street where is this hotel located beach is not crowded at all so you don't have to lay next to strangers and worry about people are running around. I haven't check the pol cause I didnt need it if there is atlantic ocean few feets away.
Stuff is friendly but only front desk stuff speak english. So be patient trying to explain your houskeeper what do you want lol.
They just need to fix elevator cause only ONE is working and provide a better WiFi
I would recmmend that hotel to the young crowd, definately not the people with kids or seniors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be renovating this year and that will start with brand new elevators. We hope when you come back you will see a great improvement.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was not cleaned. The hair dryer also went very hot, and almost went on fire when I turned it on. Could not use it. Nasty looking hotel, the only thing positive is the location. The pool is in the shadow of another hotel. and has not been cleaned either. We saw a used tampon in there. We also had a hole in the wall, that we could see through. The worst thing by far, is when we noticed that they had not cleaned at all behind the bed. We found cockroaches there. We notified the hotel immedietaly. They told us they were sorry, and that maintenance would take care of it. They never showed up, and all the other rooms were fully booked. Welcome to Miami! It is so more worth it to pay extra to live at a nicer place where they actually clean the rooms.

Room Tip: At least not 301.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at the Seagull Hotel. There is no excuse for poor cleanliness and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know so we can look into this immediately .
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was going to book a room for 3 nights for memorial day weekend with them because they told me they don't charge anything until you check in. All of a sudden 2 months later I tried to get gas and I have no money in my account, turns out they took 1st night's stay. So I called and the lady failed to tell me this so I canceled my stay and told them to put the money back on. A week later my money is still not on there so I called again they said they JUST posted it today now keep in mind they told me they posted it the day I canceled now I have to wait another 7 days to get my money. Can we say pissed off!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
we do have a policy of collecting 1 night deposit for special events such as Memorial Day, I am very sorry this was not explained to you when you booked. Please contact us immediately if you have not received your refund and we will be happy to call your bank for you. Again I am sorry this was not explained fully to you.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Due to my birthday week, and i booked two adults, two nights, A/C and check-in (4pm) check-out (11am). This poop of a hotel had a broken A/C, which i spent most of my night sweating, and the bathroom wasn't even clean to begin with. So i decided to check out early due to this bad night and the weather wasn't its best for the beach. The receptionist said that ONLY one night was to be charged.I looked later that same day to confirm the amount was right, but they had charged me with TWO nights. I called BOOKING.COM (reservation page) and they agreed with the hotel. CONCLUSION: the manager NELSON sucks as costumer service representative and has no people skills and HUNG UP on my call trying to claim MY money saying "DO What ever you want". BOOKING.COM doesn't protect your rights as a costumer (that is said within their POLICY).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are sorry you were not happy with your stay. The rate you booked was a non refundable rate which stated that there was no refund for early check out or cancellation. We are very sorry if you felt the manager did not treat you fairly as that was not his intent.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived in to MIami via Fort Lauderdale in the weeeeee hours of the night. The original plan was to stay out till we could check into our hotel at 3pm, however we were a bit tired and weary. So we asked a local at the pizza place we stopped into for a reasonable spot to post up for the night.

We were directed to the SeaGull and greeted with a young fun and friendly staff. No, it is not gorgeous or posh. Though clean and comfortable. It certainly did have the Miami flavor and decor. A nice little patio and all the amenities. It was right smack in the middle of the fun of south-beach and we were able to take a great walk along the boardwalk first thing when we woke up. Not to mention they worked out a late checkout for us. All around I would come back :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind works. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Galloway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My two girl friends and I went for 4 nights, we are college students and needed something cheap. I would say that the lobby does throw off your vision of what the room would be like, but we had no problems with anything. We are not very picky at all, by the way. The only thing that really scared me was the elevator lol, it sounds like it was going to break down any min. besides a few little things that I would change, I would say that it was pretty good. The location is right on the beach, and near all the bars, but if you are looking to be right near everything I would choose a more expensive hotel on ocean ave, that is where all the action is ! We could not afford that so we took taxis there for 6 dollars which isn't bad at all :) ! So if you have low expectations, make the best of every situation and are looking for a cheap place stay during your vacation I would reccomend this hotel !

Room Tip: I liked that I was on the eighth floor because I had perfect view of the ocean, but taking the eleva...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us we are happy to hear that you had a nice spring break and look forward to seeing you again next year. Please contact us directly so we can make sure you have the same oceanfront view. Good luck in school and have a great year

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!