“Went for spring break” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #175 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Galloway, New Jersey
“Went for spring break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My two girl friends and I went for 4 nights, we are college students and needed something cheap. I would say that the lobby does throw off your vision of what the room would be like, but we had no problems with anything. We are not very picky at all, by the way. The only thing that really scared me was the elevator lol, it sounds like it was going to break down any min. besides a few little things that I would change, I would say that it was pretty good. The location is right on the beach, and near all the bars, but if you are looking to be right near everything I would choose a more expensive hotel on ocean ave, that is where all the action is ! We could not afford that so we took taxis there for 6 dollars which isn't bad at all :) ! So if you have low expectations, make the best of every situation and are looking for a cheap place stay during your vacation I would reccomend this hotel !

Room Tip: I liked that I was on the eighth floor because I had perfect view of the ocean, but taking the eleva...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us we are happy to hear that you had a nice spring break and look forward to seeing you again next year. Please contact us directly so we can make sure you have the same oceanfront view. Good luck in school and have a great year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was once upon a time a classy hotel, but it's been through the wars and has I understand been a favourite for ladies of the night.. Beware there are very few hotels that have parking lots and street parking is only free between 3.00 am and 9.00 am which adds to the hotel bill. This hotel is located right beside a large one so there's no probalem finding a space.The rates were negotiable (hotel not parking) Rooms are OK but walls are very thin. My second 'star' is given for the location which is within walking distance of lots of the attractions of South Beach, and actually beside the beach as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We hope to be "classy" again soon and look forward to seeing you again.
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is a low class run down cheap hotel that the homeless sneak in from the back door by the pool to use the toilet. The rooms are all musty and the person working the front desk have an attitude. Beware and make sure you leave nothing of value in the room it will be stolen for sure.
Put everything in the safe which I would doubt is secure. The security there has a few nice people. The big black guy at night stay away from his attitude is so bad he wanted to go outside and fight with me. I am 70 years old he is 6ft 2 in and weighs about 300 pounds.
My Rolex was stolen from my room. I was stupid to leave it on the bed but I did not have maid service so someone with a key entered the room and stole the watch.
After reporting the theft to the front desk the security the fat guy and the manager were both laughing. I suggest if are looking for a cheap hotel that smells from mildew than stay here.You cannot beat the price or location. You might even catch a homeless taking a crap right next to the path you walk to the beach.
South Beach will be South Beach but this hotel and the smell and the help are in my opinion could be rated the worst of South Beach....including the front desk manager a young foolish type of guys dressed like it was second hand clothes..I guess it goes with the decor of this smelly humid dump.

Room Tip: Any room is OK as long as you enjoy the smell of mildew and mold.The rooms by the pool area are ok b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
thank you for your review, we did take your concerns seriously and I am sorry if you felt we were laughing at you I can assure you that was not the case. No one entered your room and again we apologize if you felt we did not handle your concerns adequately.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Seagull Hotel on a whim. After looking at many hotels in the Miami Beach area, South Beach area and Downtown Miami my husband and I decided that we wanted to stay beachfront since the business convention is an all day occurrence and the fact of coming home to a beachfront hotel would be nice. Let me just start out by saying I did in fact read the reviews on this hotel and I was mixed with some of them. I am a very clean person. I have an infant and a 95 pound Labrador Retriever so I'm vacuuming at least once a day, cleaning our hardwood and carpet everyday and certainly making sure we don't attract ants or any bug for that matter into our home. The Seagull Hotel has a nice location...don't get me wrong, it was like I was roped in because it was cheap and beachfront with a balcony. Can't find anything under $200.00 in South Beach for that price. We stayed at the Casablanca two years ago and wanted something closer to places to eat and we did just that. I'm sorry to say that I was one of those suckers who went ahead and booked the Seagull Hotel. I checked in at 2:30pm and checked out at 3:15pm the same day. The first room was # 504 and the hotel room was deplorable. There obviously was a leak in the ceiling right above the heater and ac unit in the bedroom. Inside of the heater and ac unit was black mold. Sorry but I'm down in Miami for business. Not to get sick. After seeing the bed frame and remembering there were reviews of mice and bugs I got skeeved out and checked the bed for bed bugs--didn't find any but the bed sheets were non existent. I'm not looking for anything fancy but bed sheets with no blood stains I'd prefer. The bathroom was horrible. The shower head had hard water stains on it and the floors, tub and sink hadn't been cleaned. It was still dirty from whoever stayed there prior. After deciding room # 504 wasn't clean and safe enough for me to stay in I went down and spoke to Judith who understood my issues with the room. She seemed surprised that there was something wrong with the room. Oh and not to mention the dresser drawer was broken. Wouldn't close at all.

So after getting moved from room #504 to room #702 there wasn't much difference with the appearance of the rooms. The heater and ac unit wasn't any cleaner and the ceiling above the heater and ac unit was recently patched from a leak. The hotel door to the room couldn't open more than a quarter of the way. I tried to force the door open to get my luggage in and I couldn't open it. After I decided this hotel was terrible I called the Marseilles Hotel which is 3 blocks south. I was told that it would be $40 more expensive a night but it was worth every penny.

After getting off the phone with the Marseilles Hotel I proceeded to the front desk and checked out of the Seagull Hotel. Since I paid with a debit card my deposit of $26 was given back to me in cash and the rest of my money $515.79 would be refunded to my bank account as soon as they got the modification for my reservation faxed over from booking.com. After speaking with booking.com and gave them all my information I told Judith that booking.com is faxing over the modification as we speak. Asked Judith how soon I should expect my refund and she said as soon as they got the modification from booking.com they'd be able to refund me my money. As soon as I got confirmation from Judith that she received the modification I ended the call with booking.com and I was asked to sign a breakdown of my refund. As I signed it and gave it back to Judith I asked her if I should check my bank account to see if the refund went thru. She advised me that it won't be refunded for 7-10 days. What a crock and a nice way to lie to a customer. I hope they go out of business sooner rather than later.

Stayed January 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are very sorry that you were not happy with the hotel and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention so we can address them. In reference to your refund it was processed on our end immediately, how long it takes for you to receive it depends on your bank. If you have any trouble with this please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to make every effort to assit you.
Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well what can I say, yes it was cheap, but it would have to be free for me to stay again. The evening receptionist needs to go to charm school, you would of thought we had come to rob her not check in. The corridor to our room was littered with toilet paper, and the room, well we were gutted, the bath was filthy and the enamel peeling, the ceiling was patchy and flaky and that is being kind. We complained and were given another room which was only marginally better. We knew we had not paid a lot of money but it was filthy, clean and decrepit would of been acceptable, but it needed cleaning thoroughly and by the smell of it something had died there recently. What a horrible hotel, couldn't wait to leave it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Seagull Hotel. I am sorry you had a bad introduction to Miami and hope the rest of your stay went better. We do take cleanliness seriously and would have like to addressed your concerns while you were here so we could have acted on them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope if you do try us again you will find that we have been succesful in our efforts to improve.
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is just at the end of the central area of South Miami Beach, right by the beach and at walking distance from Ocean Drive. It must have been a nice hotel some 40 years ago, and it still has remnants of its old glory in the style of the building and of the interiors. Unfortunately nowadays it's not at all in good conditions, the rooms are pretty old and ugly, the staff aren't nice. It looks overall as a cheap solution for tourists in transit. I've been at other hotels in South Beach, and I don't think it's hard to find nicer places, even at the same price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at the Seagull and for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not like our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We are scheduled to be upgradeded this year and hopefully if you come back you will find a change that is to your liking.
Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to Miami with my family for new years and we stayed 10 nights. We picked this hotel because it had a very good price in an excellent location. Just 4 blocks away from Lincoln Road. There is a bus stop in the corner and you can go anywhere you want, including the airport, malls, etc. You can even rent bikes in the very same block of the hotel.

It had all the facilities that we needed. It was clean and comfortable. The pool is great and you only need to walk a few steps to go to the beach. Our room had a lot of space (even though we were 4 people) and the most beatiful view to the beach (with balcony as well)

If I had to make any complains: the ATM which is in the hotel was out of service, and the housekeeping personel were not very nice. But who cares.. as for the rest, we are very satisfied with the hotel and would definitely come back.

I think the hotel has only two stars but it should have three at least. I don't know why people complain about this hotel. If you are looking for something nice, comfortable and cheap, then choose this hotel. If you are too picky and want luxury, then go for a more expensive option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Seagull Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again and have a happy and healthy new year.

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!