“Keep looking - the name says it all. what do those birds do? poo” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #177 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Keep looking - the name says it all. what do those birds do? poo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The people were nice but this place is a dump. The lobby is deceptive compared to the rooms. I just needed a place to stay before catching my flight and was too tired to keep driving and looking. It looked busy enough so how could so many people be wrong? I'm not sure but they were!

I had a room on the ground floor in the back of the hotel alley / pool area. I had to use the chain lock because the other lock turned so hard because the metal framed door was beat. Not a safe room to stay in for sure. The tub was dirty and grout was falling out of the tiling. Couldn't check in til 4pm and wanted to check out 2 seconds after seeing the room. I don't know if they had hot water because there's no way I'm stepping in that tub.

I would never even think of staying here for more than one night. It wasn't even cheap enough to say that it would be a crash pad while partying but the room was really large.

Room Tip: Choose another place. You're almost at the nice one's if you're coming from the North...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review, i am very sorry you were disappointed in the pool room that you chose. We take your concerns very seriously and are looking into your comments. Thank you again for your time and have a happy and healthy new year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

You are better off finding a park bench or a hostel than staying here. I have stayed in some pretty horrible places in my time but this one takes the cake. Yes it might be in an alright position but unless you like dilapidated rooms, weird smelling lobbies, doors that are jammed shut and paying way too much for poor service don't go here. The elevator sounds like it is going to break every time you get in it, the in room phones don't work and if you are tired and hungry and don't feel like venturing out of your room you may as well live in the bathroom at maccas. There is no food available to the room and the bathrooms at maccas would probably be a better place to be than the ones here. The handy man here should be fired as it looks like a two year old has patched up the holes in the wall with Papier-mâché.

Room Tip: Any room that is no inside this hotel. PLEASE DON"T DO IT TO YOURSELF!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, I am sorry you were not happy with your stay and did not find our hotel to your liking. We are in the process of upgrading it this year. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed her in July 2012 for our anniversary. We picked this hotel based on the price & location. The location was very good for south beach, but the hotel was not. The carpets & the elevators were the worse out of everything to me in the hotel. The rugs were diry & smelly. The elevator was old and made scary noises. The best thing about the hotel was the view of the ocean. I did not even sleep uder the covers & left early the next day. Breakfast they charge extra for and we decided to pass on it because it didn't look appetizing at all. Honestly I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel, since your stay we have changed all the room carpet and will be upgarding the hotel including the elevators. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

it was so bad, as soon as i walked in there was an odor. The lady at the front desk had a bad attitute, the hallways were dark and scary, the room was old. i wish i had taken pictures to show how bad and below standard the room was. I checked out of the hotel before I removed my luggage from my car.
I was lucky not to get a ticket in the metered parking lot across the street from the hotel.
I will never go to seagul hotel again!
I will not recommend seagul hotel.

Room Tip: There is no good room in seagul hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and booked to stay for 5 days. I left on the 3rd day!

The staff are lovely but the hotel room and corridors are discusting and dirty. The carpets are unhoovered and smelly and the bathroom was just as bad. I did not feel clean the whole time I was there.

The walls are very thin so I could hear all the noise and music from the person staying next door.

The location is great and I know this is a budget hotel but I expect my room to be clean. There was also bugs in the room.

I have to stress that the staff were lovely and very helpful but I couldn't stay in the hotel another night.

Pay extra to stay elsewhere. You also have to pay for parking all day and night!

• Stayed December 2012
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are very sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations and you decided to leave early. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation in Miami Beach. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns so we may learn from them and we appreciate your kind words about the staff. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went for a family holiday and stayed in the hotel for a couple of days and the service was awful, the staff were rude and have no people skills nor manners. The room quality was vial, cigarette burns in bed sheets, dirty carpet, unclean bathroom and the worst was additional costs which were not mentioned like the safe which they charge you even when you do not use it. The only plus side was the refill on towels but awful service and the hotel smelt of weed not to mention the lift breaking down on people. Do not go here!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am very sorry we let you down and you were not happy with the hotel and received poor service. I wish we were able to address your concerns during your stay so we could have acted on them immediately. We hope you had a safe trip home and wish you a happy and healthy new year.
George Town, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Ok it's not a five stars hotel and it's not exactly new. But, at this price and for such a location (it's right on the beach), it's quite a bargain. Rooms are spacious and clean; all the amenities are there too, like in a more expensive hotel. The reception girl was not that smiling but who cares!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again in the future and we will make sure the receptionist is friendly and smiling. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.