“Dirty and smelly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #170 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
glasgow
“Dirty and smelly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and booked to stay for 5 days. I left on the 3rd day!

The staff are lovely but the hotel room and corridors are discusting and dirty. The carpets are unhoovered and smelly and the bathroom was just as bad. I did not feel clean the whole time I was there.

The walls are very thin so I could hear all the noise and music from the person staying next door.

The location is great and I know this is a budget hotel but I expect my room to be clean. There was also bugs in the room.

I have to stress that the staff were lovely and very helpful but I couldn't stay in the hotel another night.

Pay extra to stay elsewhere. You also have to pay for parking all day and night!

• Stayed December 2012
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are very sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations and you decided to leave early. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation in Miami Beach. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns so we may learn from them and we appreciate your kind words about the staff. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Went for a family holiday and stayed in the hotel for a couple of days and the service was awful, the staff were rude and have no people skills nor manners. The room quality was vial, cigarette burns in bed sheets, dirty carpet, unclean bathroom and the worst was additional costs which were not mentioned like the safe which they charge you even when you do not use it. The only plus side was the refill on towels but awful service and the hotel smelt of weed not to mention the lift breaking down on people. Do not go here!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am very sorry we let you down and you were not happy with the hotel and received poor service. I wish we were able to address your concerns during your stay so we could have acted on them immediately. We hope you had a safe trip home and wish you a happy and healthy new year.
Georgetown, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Ok it's not a five stars hotel and it's not exactly new. But, at this price and for such a location (it's right on the beach), it's quite a bargain. Rooms are spacious and clean; all the amenities are there too, like in a more expensive hotel. The reception girl was not that smiling but who cares!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again in the future and we will make sure the receptionist is friendly and smiling. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Please do not book this hotel. The staff are RUDE. The rooms are dirty! You dont even wanna use the shower as you will come out dirtier than you went in! I dont even no how this hotel is still open. The swimming pool worse than the southend sea. You cant even close your eyes and sleep as you are worried cockroaches will crawl up next to you. My poor god son was sick after we stayed here maybe it was all the mold on the walls and the floor. How the cleaning staff cleaned the hotel is beyond me as they looked like they needed a good scrub too.

• Stayed June 2012
Springfield,NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing another review because I always use this hotel as an example!! I'm HotelBody & I travel a lot. Years ago it was my first time in MiamiBeach & @ that time the hotel was The Days Inn. Everything in this place was nasty, dirty & I have know idea why this place is still operating??!!!!! The elevator got stuck twice, the doors had been broken into, my view was a roof, the beds had a real foul smell, the tub was well just 4get that part, I'm not sure but I swear I seen a mouse but I can't be sure nor would I be surprised... Even though it's a new name, I'm sure by the new recent pictures it's under the same mgt so please please please don't stay here!!!!!! I'm so sad for those who were suckered in like I was years ago by bogus online pictures. PS, I didn't stay here in Oct 2011 but the date thingy doesn't go back to when I did so you have to pick a date to write a review.

• Stayed October 2011
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a huge NBA fan and I had to visit the miami heat nba finals in south beach this summer... I stayed in this hotel because it offered a relatively cheap price when compared to all the other hotels, especially during such rush time when everyone wants a place to stay near the miami heat's stadium. Anyways, the hospitality was great, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Best of all, the price was pretty reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay. Everything from the room to the staff. The overall value was excellent. If you are looking for a place to call home while in Miami, this would be it. This hotel should not be confused other hotels

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!