“Will not stay there again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach

Save Saved
You added Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach to your Saves list
Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 21st Street at Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Days Inn South Beach)   |
Ranked #172 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Louisville, Kentucky
“Will not stay there again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Upon arrival at our hotel, they would not allow us into our room until checkin time, no earlier.
Our room smelled moldy, old, sour and humid. We aired out the room by opening the door, but the smell still remained. The oceanfront view is okay. You get the beach oceanfront, however, you also have ugly roofs (dirt, leaves, grime, etc) to look at right below you. Instead of hearing the beach, you hear loud music from the bar/hotel next door.
Ceilings appeared to have leakage damage, based on the visable brown splotches spread across the ceiling. Trim around the windows were cracked and dirty. Our A/C unit appeared to be leaking, which was seen AND felt in the room on the carpet, as well as outside on our balcony.
The mirror of the bathroom (on the bottom right corner) was falling apart. Tiles in bathroom were cracked! Tub, although it was cleaned appeared stained and dirty.
Stains on carpet. Our door, even after you had locked it, it would still wriggle back and forth. So, we didnt feel safe within our rooms.
TV didnt work. Only a couple electric sockets to use. Drawers smelled awful of mold!! (soon as u opened them, you could smell it)
We only stayed since they couldnt refund our rooms and we paid 145 for it.
$1.75 an hour for parking! But, hours are free between 10pm-9am..
Only good thing about this hotel was the employees were friendly, and our beds were clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After much research and reading of negative reviews, I still a chance to stay at this property and I am so glad I did. I was not expecting luxury, but what I did find was excellent service from the moment I checked in, to housekeeping, to the concierge and the lobby bar. Front desk was very pleasant as well as everyone else. Our room was clean, smell good, awesome view, very comfortable bed, clean sheets, clean floors, etc. We are very pleased with this hotel. Excellent price at a great beach front location near all the main attractions and restaurants. Trust me, I had my doubts about booking this hotel, and again, am VERY happy I did, and will definitively return and do recommended. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Will be happy to share my positive experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

In my life I slept in rooms into the jungle too and They were better than this.
None know how to clean a room, the bath is like the worst hostel in Islamabad, when I arrived to the room there were hairs on the floor and on the shower's wall, I noticed it to the front desk, the girl watched me like I was an alien but after three days the hairs are still there. They don't have an efficient beach towels service, I had to stole some towels from the service Trolley, because when I asked to the laundry they were rude and told me to come back in the afternoon and they close me the door, because, YES there isn't a desk to get them,you have to' Go directly to the laundry.
They don't have care about the hotel without any kind of maintenance....
Change place there are so many cool hotel in Miami beach at same prices...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is the best priced in the area, offering no-frill, clean and adequate acmomdations. It is on the beach, 2 blocks from Lincoln and the main drag in South Beach. Walk to everthing in the area. We love it and have been oftn.

Room Tip: This is maybe 3 stars, there are no great rooms, but all are adequate.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We were extremely apprehensive about the hotel after reading the reviews but we could not have been more pleased with our stay. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the rooms were dated but clean & the ocean view & location were fantastic. If you are like us, wanting to enjoy Miami rather than the hotel, then the Seagull is for you. The executive that wanders around the hotel always looking busy is VERY sexy. The three girls that I travelled with & I all had no complaints & would go back again. If you are the highbrow type, I would assume you have the funds to back it so I would advise that this hotel is not for you as you get what you pay for, pay the extra & go somewhere that you are not going to complain about.

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

U walk in to a moldy with lemon pine sol smell

The concierge is the security behind a podium

It's a Haitian hang out spot!

Cops seems to be always there

The staff is 18

The toilet has stains

The sink handle falls apart

The AC was so loud when it came on that everytime it did i jumped thinking someone was banging on door.

The carpet hasn't been steamed in months

Overall. If u r paying a 100 a night directly on the beach and next to Lincoln road then that's all u r gonna get. Don't expect luxury. IF YOU ARE PICKY AND ANAL DONT STAY HERE. You will be wasting your money. The hotel is old and run down and moldy and full of stains all over the place. The pool was on construction. Don't know how long it has been or how long it will be. Everyone working is young and there for a good time. But they were pleasant except for the hispanic girl she didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Place just needs some renovation. But then again if that happens, expect to pay alot more for this hotel because of where it's at. Oh and the parking is right across street for 1.75 and hour. I would go back again if I am on a tight budget and just wanna spend a wknd. No more than that though! Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2012
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Many people were talking in front of the hotel from midnight until morning. Very noisy atmosphere. The people in the lobby is not helpful. The pool is under construction. The ice machine is only on the 7th floor. I never come back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach? Share your experiences!