“October Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“October Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Well, I was refered to Four points by a family member who had so much fun there.She said the front desk staff were so nice and friendly, the housekeeping service was over expectaions, and the view was so amazing. I can not wait till my stay on October.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We hated this hotel, it's old and in desperate need of a refit with millions required spending on it. The carpets are dirty, the room doors out of the 1970's, the walls scuffed with where people have dragged things along them.
The A/C is so noisy it's like sleeping in a factory.
All of that said the location South Beach is fabulous, overlooking the sea and all the staff were really nice.
If you're after a low budget hotel and are not bothered about the decor then this is for you. If you want more ......try something else.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay. Twelve months ago we spent twelve million dollars to renovate the hotel. It was difficult to remain true to the historic nature of the building (as required by the government) and balance the desires of the designer. The doors were custom made for the hotel specifically to fit the hotels MiMo (Miami Modern design)….not the seventies but the sixties by the way. People either love the result …or hate it. I think that I can safely assume that you are the latter. I’ll be honest…maybe too honest; there is much about the new design I don’t care for. However; just as when my wife asks if I like her dress (and I say YES!) I know enough to know when I’m out of my depth; and it’s best to go along or end up on the couch. The carpets are new….and brown…okay a cute name for brown but still brown. What color is dirt? Right…and this is the area that when the designer informed us of the color my response was (OOOO-kay). The HVAC system is completely new….the latest and the greatest and it cost a bundle for all those bells and whistles. Is it absolutely quiet? Nope…none are. The AC is quiet…just not enough for you. We regret your disappointment.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel that's right on the beach. Service was great and the complementary fresh coffee is on point. We stayed here for 4 days after our cruise. Convenient location and south beach is minutes away. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just spent 3 nights in this place and had I been able to lose the money I would have moved to another hotel. I can't believe that Sheraton has its name on this place. We got to room 817 and couldn't get the door open unless you thru a shoulder into it. The bathroom shower and floor were both dirty along with the carpet. I could go on about the nightly noise from the roof bar from the hotel next door or the drunks coming in at 3:20am and slamming the doors for 40 minutes after they get back. The ice machine and coke machine were both broken and the closest ones that worked were on the 10th floor. We went to the pool and fond yellow tape around it and found out a child had pooped in it so they shut it down over night. The restaurant food and service was overpriced and unless you want to drive 2.5 miles down the road or go to one of the other hotels with overpriced food you are pretty much stuck eating there. I will cut it down to this the TV worked and the balcony view of the ocean was great.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Please accept our apology for what sounds like a terrible experience. We do ask that parents not take children into the pool unless the child is wearing diaper protection. Of course everyone’s child is perfect and would never foul the pool in such a fashion. The pool holds 96,000 gallons and our salt water smart system responds to such “demands” instantly. And while we know that the system has addressed the issue; there are those guests who require something visual before trusting the water once again. And so, as the parent and child wander off in search of more mayhem our staff sets about protecting our guests from any bio-hazard be it real or imagined. A few months ago our hotel designer selected carpet and tile in the most beautiful shades of sand, morning dew, crescent crème….okay let’s be honest it’s brown. When it was installed I thought the housekeeper would throw herself off the roof. The carpet and tile are nearly new and our housekeeper is obsessed with preventing the exact evaluation you now offer. Unfortunately brown will never be white. For the most part and by Miami Beach standards our hotel is quiet. Every hotel deals with night owls and late arrivals. The hotel next door does market itself to those who like the night life. We apologize for any noise that may have disturbed you. The guest room doors are constantly tested as required by our insurance. We did test the door for 817 once again and found it performed as designed. A shoulder applied to your average hotel room door will typically result in a trip to the ER for a shoulder repair. We recommend calling us instead….save the shoulder. Lastly, pricing is relative. We strive at all times to offer “value” in a land of very high prices. There are many alternatives to our restaurant within easy walking distance. Once again we apologize for your disappointment and wish you better travels in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was really impressed with check-in. A very nice welcome package greeted me in the room. Wanted a higher floor, so the following morning asked to change rooms, front desk was not successful so they got the manager, Watson, an awesome helpful guy and he arranged for me a higher floor ocean view suite.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly, helpful and very nice. The cleaning crew is amazingly unbelievable with the amount of crew members on call to keep the place tidy and clean, The pool area is very nice and clean with a staff member constantly on premises cleaning the area. The rooms are very well kept clean, with fridge and safe box.

The valet parking is amazing, always had the car when needed, never had to wait for it the car was always there waiting for me, i always called 5-10 min in advance.

The rooms are very nice size, clean, and make it a pleasure to be there.

All in all my one week stay at the Four Points Hotel was a great pleasure, will definitely return on my next Miami visit.

A sauna room, a steam room and a bigger gym would add even more pleasure and enjoyment to my stay.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was really impressed with check-in. Andrew was kind and upgraded me with an oceanfront room and complimentary drink coupons for my first night. Very pleasant young man. The following morning I attended breakfast buffet and Gracias was so generous and helpful. Thanks for making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: nice selection for breakfast
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Ellenwood, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There was a small black bug in my room by the bed. Manager-I don't know what kind of bug it is threw it in the trash. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "there really isn't anything I can do for you.

Room Tip: Poor Customer Service -Night Crew
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While we’re huge fans of brevity we feel it important that when telling a story to include just a few more details in order to make the story worth reading. Let’s start over with an introduction to the story….”It was the rainy season in the tropics and all sorts of flying, crawling and biting insects were about….”. And now comes the exciting part….“I left the balcony door open and the lights on inside my room and to my surprise a mosquito flew inside intent upon taking my blood…(scary huh)”. “It was so very big and moved so slowly that I battled it for…..about a second”. And now the unhappy ending…..”I took the unfortunate remains to the front desk and demanded my stay be made complementary as living in Georgia I’ve never seen a mosquito before”. Our response; “We’re sorry about the mosquito however…..”. We again apologize for the mosquito and for not being Ernest Hemmingway. We invite you to return during the cooler months and we’ll work on a Sequel with a happy ending.