“Mr. Wael” 1 of 5 stars

Cairo, Egypt
“Mr. Wael”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just enter my room now it's 3:30 am
The Hotel is nice but the receptionist is very bad person not helper or calm and She make a problem with me because I have SPG member and She didn't want add it with my reservation to can make upgrade to my room or whatever facilities because there is spelling mistake on my card in one letter only and She refused to solve this problem by anyways with nervous and after all of this time when We just enter our room We heard there is a fire in the building at 1 :30 am . So all the guests left their rooms and then She told us it was a false fire alarm . I have three kids with me , they
scared.So we decided to go outside by our car till they have sure about no fire and also the elevators wasn't work.It was a bad night .

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Mr. Wael,
Please accept my apology for what some teenagers felt was an amusing prank. Once the pranksters activated the fire alarm our elevators responded (as required by law) by traveling immediately to the ground floor, opening their doors and awaiting the fire department. We regret the difficulties in communicating our inability to provide an upgraded room. Due to the third party method used to make your reservation we were unaware that you were in fact an SPG member. By the time that we became aware of your SPG membership there were no upgrades remaining. We truly apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Those of you who are used to the Four Points hotels elsewhere are likely to be very disappointed. This property just doesn't live up to the brand name despite they obvious up charge.

Hotel is old and outdated. Rooms are lacking in many of the finer amenities one would expect, and more akin to a budget hotel.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The hotel is indeed old; built in 1938. It’s a historic property considered one of the best examples of MiMo (Miami Modern) architecture on the planet. As a historic hotel efforts are made to keep “the feel of the hotel” in the period in which it was built….i.e, “old”. Last year we spent $12,000,000 to keep the hotel old. When I first joined the Four Points the folks from Starwood Hotels met with me to explain the brand. I was told that if Starwood Hotels were a closet the tuxedo would represent the St. Regis brand, the elegant business suit would represent Westin and the well broken-in favorite pair of blue jeans would be the Four Points. The brand is indeed a budget hotel. You’re also right that “all Four Points are not created equal”. If you visit China or Europe you’ll find different standards for Four Points there rather then here in America. We’re sorry that you were disappointed but we’re grateful that you took the time to point it out your observations. In America if you don’t want a “select service hotel” you might try our Sheraton brand or maybe a “W”. You might find these full-service brands more to your liking.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is just - OK. I paid extra for a ocean front room with balcony. We checked in very late and were placed on the 5th floor which had NO ocean view at all - in fact our view was a giant palm tree. When I talked to the front desk about it, all they said was "sorry we are completely sold out there is nothing we can do." I asked to be moved the next day which they agreed to. We were moved to the 9th floor with a view of the ocean. PROBLEM was they never switched our rooms "in their system" and checked someone else into our new room - you can imagine our surprise when two complete strangers walked into our room. Manager apologized and upgraded us to Master Suite on 10th floor and gave us free breakfast and welcome drinks. Valet parking (mandatory @ $29/night) can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes to retrieve your car so make sure you call down ahead of time - we waited 45 minutes one time "because they only had one person" and missed the movie we planned on seeing. My one tip would be to lock ANY valuables in the safe when you will not be there. We caught the maids going into our room even with a DND sign on the door. When we asked them what they were doing they pretended not to speak English. In my opinion, there are MUCH nicer places to stay at the same price.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We apologize for the palm trees as our property is dotted with several. We still think the view is pretty incredible even when framed by the occasional palm tree. To add insult to injury it appears that in our haste to resolve your disappointment we made the rare but ultimate hotel mistake. You might gather a sense of our embarrassment based upon the efforts made to “apologize”. Valet parking is not at all mandatory; however the parking situation on Miami Beach is to say the least “difficult” at any time. While I can’t remember ever having a security failure; we agree that it is always best to secure valuables when staying in any hotel. An educated consumer is out best guest. There are many, many hotels on Miami Beach and thousands in the area. We suggest using all the tools available to assist in making a smart choice in accommodations. Once you’ve done your homework don’t be surprised if you end up staying with us as we feel that we represent an excellent value.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were booked in for a week, but left after one night. We arrived in the morning, after our flight, and we're told that we couldn't check in till 4pm. My husband let them know I have a service dog, and they weren't happy, and demanded papers. (which a service animal doesn't need) We came back at 4, and they gave us a room, but then sent housekeeping up multiple times to find out about "the animal I had snuck into my room". I had to explain what a service dog is after one of the housekeepers asked what a service dog was.
My husband found a different hotel to check us into, and when we left, the management stated that one time a lady came and she had a letter from her doctors stating she needed her companion animal, so that's why they thought all service dogs needed a letter.
Apart from that, the place was crowded with screaming kids, and the road out front is dangerous.
I would never go back.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
The law allows us to ask two questions only with regard to ADA animals. 1. Is the animal required because of a disability? 2. What work or task has the animal been trained to perform? An animal for emotional support and comfort is expressly excluded from the definition of a service animal under ADA regulations. And while we never asked for papers; you offered that the animal was required for your wife who was “deaf”…though here you claim the animal to be a companion animal (expressly excluded). In the end we made an exception to our “no pets” policy based upon your Starwood SPG Platinum status and nothing more. For those who have a service animal (as members of my family do) you are not only welcome “by law” but welcome in every sense of the word. As for the “pretenders” who feel no shame; at least understand the law you plan to abuse. PS thankfully the animal was small and so the “puddle” left by your “service animal” was also small.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed this 4th of July weekend and I won't be back. The room we got was so small, no fridge or microwave. Pool area was nice just a ton of foreigners and not a lot of space to spread out with so man people.

My main issue was being at the bar area at 9 at night (when they promote that the indoor bar opens at noon and wasn't open until 5). My friend ordered 2 different drinks and which the bartender didn't have main ingredients for. How do you serve drinks when you don't have the stuff for it?? Then we spotted a huge cockroach. Seems that it wasn't a big deal to them. He called housekeeping and put it under a cup. Then when housekeeping did come, I asked if she killed it she said no then laughed at me and threw the cup in the trash right in front of us. Then gave my mother an attitude. When we told the front desk they did nothing.

Most staff is beyond rude or doesn't speak English. Overall, with over priced small rooms, and over priced valet with rude staff, I won't be back.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Please accept our apology for the disappointing stay. Our inside bar does in fact open at 5:00 PM. The outside bar opens earlier in the morning serving smoothies, providing water and towels to our guests. During the time of your stay our only male bartender was on vacation and so we are a bit confused as to who served you at the inside bar prior to its opening. It’s likely that one of our managers noticed you in the area and felt that regardless of being opened or closed….guests should be served.
Miami Beach is an international destination and so it would make sense that there would be “a ton of foreigners” at the hotel. All of our staff not only speak but also read English. In addition and by last count; 26 different languages are spoken at the hotel. I view myself as a foreigner in spite of being born here.
The huge cockroach you saw was actually a Palmetto Bug…and everyone heard about its efforts to enter the building. The person who killed it has attained “hero status” with the staff and employee of the month. The staff is still talking about it even today. These flying monsters live in the water pools that exist in the tops of palm trees but prefer cooler, darker areas. At night they are attracted by light. They would like nothing better than the inside of any building. I remember my first creature encounter at my home. I thought a bat had flown past me and into the house. For the next hour I spent chasing it with a lacrosse stick until I was able to beat it into submission. My last hotel had 26 raccoons that would peer into the restaurant during breakfast. They were cute as opposed to the bugs….but it was still a little strange.
In either case; it’s clear that you were disappointed and we feel badly about that.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked that hotel room in 5-month-advance, so the price I paid was different in comparison to the regular prices in the neighboring hotels. It is obvious that if you book a room in the last moment, unfortunately you will have to pay a regular price, so I highly recommend booking in advance.

The location of the hotel is exceptional, like in a fairytale. The hotel is situated just on the famous Miami Beach with the direct access to the famous broad walk. This broad walk is like a dream for joggers.

Only one thing is slightly discouraging; the part of the hotel requires renovations. I would strongly recommend asking for a sea-view-room with balcony. The first time in my life I got a sea-view-room and I could not open the window. Locks in the window ware broken and it were impossible to fix them and open the window. It definitely needed renovation and the contraption for opening was simply broken.

At the end, it does not matter because you are not supposed to spend all time in your room.

I highly recommend a restaurant in the hotel building, as it is inexpensive and serves delicious food and fine inexpensive wines.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Taylor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location. Just a few steps and you are out soaking up the sun on the beach. The hotel staff is great. I had a full ocean view which provided me with spectacular views of the pool and ocean.

Room Tip: Ocean view but do not leave the balcony doors open.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends