“Please bring back dining al fresco!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #102 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Please bring back dining al fresco!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Let me start off by saying I still like this hotel and the fact that it is not a behemoth hotel filled with loud partying college co-eds. I appreciate the smaller size and art deco decor of this historic hotel. I really like the simplicity of this hotel and the location to the beach. That being said, we did have some disappointments on this visit that I hadn't expected so I offer constructive criticism in the hopes some things may be addressed and that we can continue to consider this our MB home away from home.

First off, the SPG program. We were enrolled in the program by this hotel on our last visit and we were awarded points from our hotel dining/bar purchases. So this time when we checked in I gave my SPG info but was told because we booked thru travel agent (as we did last year) we wouldn't earn points from our 4 night stay. I understand rules are rules. But I don't like jumping thru such hoops when it comes to my vacation travel and/or not being able to book thru my agent so I doubt I will be using the SPG program much going forward. I have no idea if I was awarded points from my meals/drinks this time and I'm not very motivated to pursue it now.

We were also a bit disappointed with the room we had this time. Granted the view was amazing as was having a balcony. That being said, the rooms on this side don't seem in as good condition as bayview and could use some upgrades--the balcony door and lock were a little flimsy, had to fiddle with door to get it latched. We did pay more for the upgrade and while the view was totally worth paying for, the condition of the room should not be forgotten . I think I saw a sign that hotel is currently being remodeled? Maybe ours was a room not yet remodeled?

However, what struck us more this time is the seeming downgrade in services offered. Our room wasn't ready when we got to hotel, which is understandable. But the restaurant was also unwilling to bill our lunch to the room even though front desk said they could. We really enjoyed having our breakfast poolside last year, enjoying the wonderful weather. But this time we were told no--can't have breakfast outside. It may seem like a minor point, but after passing another cold winter, all we want to do on vacay is be outside. So losing al fresco dining for breakfast was a bummer and as a result we went elsewhere for breakfasts. Also, the poolside bar stopped serving at 5pm on a Saturday. We haven't used the poolside bar much but were shocked it would close so early on a weekend. Or any night really. We were also struck at how the dirty dishes and towels were left on abandoned tables/chairs in pool area and dishes/pizza boxes in hallways near our room for hours even when no guests were present. They were there when we went out at 7pm and still there when we came back at midnight.

Also, we did have to ask cleaning staff to provide us new towels and freshen our room on the 3rd day of our stay. I made sure the 'do not disturb' sign was not on the door so someone would take care of our room but they never did. Not a huge deal, they quickly took care of it when I asked. Maybe the flip side of the do not disturb sign could say something like 'please service my room' ...?

The positive I will say is that most staff was friendly. In particular, the security guard who greeted me every morning when I went out to run was always very pleasant. One of the gals who worked the dining area/bar was nice and seemed to be working very hard. The bartender gave a great restaurant recommendation to us.The waiter who served us lunch/dinner on 2 occasions was very pleasant and professional. And several of the room cleaning staff were pleasant and said hello.

None of these were major problems and we still very much enjoyed our vacation, but when added up, it all felt like a downgrade of service/quality from last year.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Second time at Four Poinrs by Sheraton. Great service, friendly staff and very nice room, got free upgrade to ocean view suite, it was awesome! Great food, pool is the best part, and right in the sand. We had such great time at Four Points. We will be back soon.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We returned to this hotel for a second time this April and had another fantastic stay. The oceanfront rooms have wonderful views of Miami Beach and the hotel is really good value for money. The rooms are basic but the pool and communal areas are lovely and its a great location. The breakfast buffet was the best we had in Florida. We will definitely return!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed with family for a few nights - 2 grandchildren loved the pool area and easy access to the beach. Breakfast was excellent in terms of choice and service - unlike dinner where the service was dreadful on 2 nights running. Rooms had a lovely ocean view.

Stayed April 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Over priced for the location, and size of room. Front Desk staff was very unpleasant and not accommodating at all. Bathroom was outdated along with the rooms compared to other SPG properties. Booked a king room - given a double bed room, front desk stated no king beds were available but after checking online they were showing available. Front desk could care less and said they would not move the room. After 2 hours of dealing with Delta Vacations the situation was resolved by them dealing with Management. Overall opinion is there are much nicer locations on Collins to stay in the same price point, this place is a 30 min walk from where you will want to be.

Room Tip: For the same price - stay farther south. If you request a room they will put you in the cheapest roo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Four Points at the start or our South Florida vacation. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but the hotel was just, well .... average. The pool area was nice, but crowded. Not sure why they had a security guard looking after the towels, but so be it. Maybe they were expensive towels.

None-the-less, we did have some issues. First, not sure why when we asked if there were any restaurants in the area they said no. They basically told us that the nearest were in South Beach, which was really not the case as we found out the next day. Also, in what standard hotel is a plastic cup of white wine worth $12 and parking per night $30?? Lastly, we had one final issue as we were checking our room to leave. As we checked the room prior to leaving my daughter looked under all the furniture to make sure we did not leave anything behind. To our surprise, she found an old piece of pizza that was left underneath the TV stand from a previous guest that apparently housekeeping never found. Seriously? Makes you wonder about so many things.

I am hopeful that the pizza was an isolated incident. Overall not a bad place as long as you don't mind the 2-mile walk to South Beach.

Room Tip: Higher floors, beach side, of course!
Green Features: Not that I liked it, but the shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower are probably environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is the personification of a normal hotel. It does what the brochure says it will, provides a bed and pool. I don't want to underestimate the value of the pool, it's a god send on a stinking hot Miami day. The beds are comfortable and the air con quiet. The bathrooms are nice and clean and well normal. This is a good place to stay. Problems, parking is just to expensive for a hotel charging what this one does. Make it free or just cover the valet. Not enough chairs around the pool and the towel security is just over the top..... is a Security guard really needed to protect the towels????? No fridge in the room, come on guys- when you have kids you need a place to keep the water bottles cold.

Stayed April 2015

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!