“good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at Four Points by Sheraton during Art Basel and found the room to be very clean, the staff polite and the valet service efficient. Good place to stay in Miami Beach, especially if you don't want to spend a fortune on hotels.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Trip to this property was way below expectations.

1.To start off my trip I was greeted with a 2 hour back-up in check in. An already ridiculous 4pm check in was not long enough to have the room ready by 6pm! A free drink at the bar is not compensation for incompetency or lack of communication during the process. When the room was finally ready, I had to inquire, they said "oh we finished it a 10 minutes ago, we were about to call you"

2. After all that, the dated room was facing a moldy air shaft.

3. Had a bag mysteriously disappear at the pool - the lack of security at the pool area was disturbing as it is in the boardwalk. Many random people were able to come in and out as they please. The only thing separating everyone from the hotel is a flimsy, always open, low fence/door. Most of the other hotels had a person somewhere near the entrance to watch over things. The pool was fine - NO LIFEGAURD. Was not certainly not a resort experience, including extra charge for chairs at the beach. BTW - their was Zero follow up for my mysteriously missing bag.

4. after complaining to Starwood (who were very apologetic), they contacted the manager, who weirdly responded "sorry, but the our occupancy is 97%" - as if that is an accuses for an utterly disgraceful stay.

I try to give every place I stay the benefit of the doubt and I generally don't complain, but this place was a bit of a horror show. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: if you don't have a guaranteed ocean view all other views are poor
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. During the time of your stay the hotel wasn’t just full; it was filled with Starwood Preferred Guests. Check-in time here is 3PM while an SPG can check-out at 4pm. In SPG speak that means 5PM….or later. Starwood Hotels somehow thinks allowing guests this late checkout will make up for delaying the guest at check-in. I don’t get it….you can’t check a guest into a room that’s occupied by another guest. We’ve brought this issue to Starwood’s attention however as of yet they still think that there is 26 hours in a day. We feel your pain….believe me. We regret the delay.
Like all hotels there are rooms with good views and rooms with less than desirable views. We (like most hotels) price rooms accordingly. If you want an ocean view with a balcony you’ll need to book an ocean view with a balcony. If you book our most economical room….you’ll get that too. When upgrades are available (which is rare) we like….no love….to give them because it makes guests happy. We in the industry will never become rich or famous. The only reason we do what we do is because we enjoy it. It’s fun to give the unexpected suite, bottle of Champagne or a Romantic dinner for two on our cabana deck.
Nothing about the room is dated. All rooms were recently renovated to Starwood’s newest Four Points design. However; if your previous stays consist of luxury hotels such as St. Regis or “W”….which yours do; you might be disappointed. A Four Points is intended to be a limited service hotel….an economical alternative to a full service or luxury hotel. Often people forget that detail or become confused by the fact that we offer more resort amenities than any other Starwood Hotel in Florida, our extensive food and beverage operation or the complimentary special events, guest amenities and “delighters” program.

If you leave valuables unattended long enough there may be a hotel guest that will succumb to temptation. Events such as your claim happen here on the extremely rare occasion. At some point everyone contributes to their own security by taking reasonable care. In this case the police should have been notified and action should have been taken. However; we were never notified. We suggest that there is still time for police involvement.
Our border with Mexico is a perfect example of the effectiveness of fences. Fences are only helpful when used as part of a security system. If you aren’t a policeman, a security professional or in the hotel business you might think there is little security at this hotel. You’d be wrong. The building bristles with digital cameras that pivot and zoom. There is uniformed security….just enough to create a sense of security (sorry you missed it) and then there are security teams in plain clothing. On occasion local law enforcement places teams undercover on the property. I’m certain that the police perform this service for all the local businesses. Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there. In truth; we’d prefer you not see security as we don’t want the hotel to appear to be an armed camp. It wouldn’t be very relaxing.
We regret that you were disappointed in your stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel was awesome. I am a single female traveler who wanted a place with people-watching, beach access, and nightlife access. This hotel was the perfect home base for my trip to Miami/ South Beach.

The front desk staff- specifically Andrew- was so helpful, accommodating, professional, and just pure wonderful.

The hotel was recently renovated and the beds were so comfortable (though the walls were thin). Free wi-fi in the rooms. The lobby had lots of seating, there is a small bar to grab a drink before going out, there is breakfast buffet every morning, a fitness room, a multi-purpose gift shop... But most of all, you step outside to GREATNESS: a pool with lots of lounging, a hot tub, and the BEACH.

My room had a beautiful view of the pool and beach. Amazing. But even if it didn't, it's nice to know that the ocean is just literally in your backyard.

As Andrew had told me over the phone, there is also the boardwalk right out back, with great walks either north or south. I walked up the boardwalk to the Fontainbleau (2 minute walk!) for outdoor dinner one night; I also walked down the boardwalk towards South Beach-- and there were lots of walkers to look at.

This hotel was the perfect gem of a place to hang out at, or leave from and come back to. The front desk staff was so warm and welcoming, and really took care to make sure my stay was great... I feel like I made friends in Miami Beach!

Room Tip: Ocean view was really nice!
Green Features: Nice option of getting $5 vouchers for hotel use if you opt not to change your towels or sheets.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Bayonne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few years. Last year, we had such a great experience that we decided to book it again this year for a birthday celebration. I had my platinum concierge make special notes that it was my girlfriend's birthday like I did the previous year. You'll see in my last review that the hotel had a bottle of champagne and cupcakes delivered to her room. They had gone above and beyond. This year, they did nothing. We were so disappointed given the amount of points we had to spend to book the hotel. It was almost triple the points. We couldn't even get an early check in. We weren't able to check in until 5PM after they told us 4PM was the earliest. We will probably stay elsewhere during our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Confirm any special request ahead of time.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Please accept our most sincere apology. There must have been a miscommunication as we (the hotel) were not made aware of your girlfriend’s birthday. As you can tell by the bottle of Cava (really good Cava…not Champagne…honest) and cupcakes from last year; we love events like these. Everyone here lives for these opportunities….because it’s fun. We’re so sorry that we missed it. Please feel free to call us directly next year so that we can make it up to you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Worst stay of my life. I am an spg member and they treated me like crap. Save your points and don't go there again . Was horrible. Food, service, and rooms were nasty. They also charge a rediclous amount for parking. Pool was cold. Don't go!!!!!

• Stayed January 2015
Allow me to start with an apology. I’m so very sorry. Terminology like crap, horrible and nasty isn’t exactly specific to an issue and so I will assume that as an SPG you booked a standard room on points and expected an upgrade to a suite. Unfortunately this time of year the hotel is full and suites are almost always booked (often by points….but more points than a standard) and not available as upgrades. This is usually enough to upset most SPG’s….and I don’t blame you for being upset. Still we only have 216 rooms; which is why we send a pre-arrival letter informing you of the predicament; giving you plenty of time to change or cancel your reservation. We don’t have parking and we pay exactly (exactly) what you pay to park your car for you….only you don’t have to run and get it…we do. The pool is typically 86 degrees. To some that’s cold however; we also get complaints that it’s too warm. We’re sorry that you were disappointed.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton from January 1 - 4. The hotel's location on the beach is wonderful, and we were able to walk many places. Our room was clean and adequate--nothing special, but a perfectly nice hotel room.
Our only problem occurred with check in, and follow through on the part of the front desk. We knew that check in was 4 p.m., but came early to drop off our bags. I am platinum with SPG and the front desk said it was giving me an upgrade to an ocean view room, but it would not be ready for 1 hour. I said great, and I would be back in an hour. When I got back, the room was not ready, and I was told to come back in another hour. OK--it was a free upgrade that I hadn't expected, so no problem waiting. I came back at 4:00 p.m., and the room was still not ready. So I said that was fine, just give me a room. After a few minutes they found me a room. It was looking at a wall, but oh, well. They said they would give me a bottle of champagne and fruit as an apology for not having a room ready. I said thank you, but the hotel never followed through on giving the champagne or fruit. Again, oh, well. But it leaves a bit of a sour taste to not have a room ready on time and not follow through on what is promised. Still the hotel is a good option for the location.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during last week of December 2014. I chose this hotel because it was right at the beach. Being frequent traveler and SPG member, I got the better room with an ocean view. It was such a spectacular view to see the Atlantic from our room. Hotel has a quite large pool and hot tub. Kids spent lot of time in the pool. We enjoyed the boardwalk. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Food quality in the restaurant was also great. I would say this was a great value.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!