“Nice hotel and great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #97 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Nice hotel and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really nice hotel. I loved the boardwalk with the sea view. It was my first time there, I went last week to visit some friends from Tampa and We really enjoyed it there. What I liked the most was the bar at the pool, Joel took really good care of us, he is the greatest bartender ever, thanks Joe. I will definitely go back to the hotel and pool bar, we loved Joel's drinks and his customer service. I recommend this hotel, you'll have so much fun!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very friendly staff, meals so-so, rooms standard fare but nothing to complain about. Poolside area is a bit ordinary. Could do with roaming bar service. Direct beach access which is great, plenty of towels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband, 7 year old son, 14 year old step daughter and myself stayed at this hotel at the beginning of Sept 2014. Everything about it was amazing!! The rooms were very clean, extremely comfy beds, great facilities, 'the best' breakfast, very clean outside pool and Jacuzzi and very helpful staff!
The beach is literally a stone's throw from the back of the hotel!
The weather that time of year was really hot and the temperature of the sea was like being in a warm bath! Lush!

Room Tip: You would do best to request a room on the 7th floor or above and a beach view.
Green Features: If you choose not to have a maid come and make your beds and tidy/clean your room everyday, you receive a $5 voucher to spend in the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Four Points by Sheridan this past Aug. 2014.. Our stay was very lovely.. Staff was very friendly and attentive.. In my book I would rate this hotel with four stars! Very upscale.. Also, I would recommend it to anyone staying in Miami Beach.. The only couple of things that I wasn't pleased about was our room, it could've used a few more electrical outlets for charging our cell phones.. And there's was not enough options for oceanfront with balconies.. Other than that loved the hotel!!

Room Tip: This hotel has a parking lot just across the street from the hotel.. If your on a budget, I'd go...
Green Features: This hotel has a very nice atmosphere! Awesome pool area!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

hotels location was ok, on beach but a few miles from south beach if you want to be where the action is.

service in general wasn't 'great, if you not looking for anything special its fine.
if you want anything, you have to ask otherwise bad service - no towels at pool, never any free loungers, pay extra for lounger at beach, pay extra to extend check out to 4. pay extra to upgrade room to get a balcony.

i had emailed them prior asking for seaview room, as we were celebrating my b day.
we were messed us around for 4 hours after paying extra for seaview room , stuck us outside a toilet, room stunk and view was of a generator. no apology. on arrival the receptionist gave my partner 1 free drink token - nothing for me, no mention of email i sent.

new room had water dripping down it and also had a bad smell.

overall not great.

Room Tip: ask for 9th floor seaview
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m afraid that some aspects of your review have left me more than a little confused and so I will do my best to address each topic based upon my understanding.
Our website states that we are “just minutes from South Beach” and so if you book our hotel and expect that it is located “in South Beach” you will indeed be disappointed.
The next portion of your review I’m guessing is in reference to the beach…which we don’t own but there is a company on the beach that doesn’t offer towels, charges for lounge chairs and is often confused for being a part of our hotel. We’re sorry but the beach belongs to the city of Miami Beach and while it borders our property…it has nothing to do with us.
If you book our least expensive room facing the city; send an email requesting our most expensive room….we’ll give it to you….providing it’s available. The problem is….they are very rarely if ever available. I can’t remember the last time an upgrade of this type occurred and would suggest that it’s better to book the room you want as it appears you ended up doing.
We received your email requesting the upgrade and responded requesting additional information (confirmation number or name the reservation was booked under) and received no response.
Your 4PM check-in is compliments of Starwood Hotels who states that our SPG guests can check-in at 3PM but allows the SPG guest that currently occupies that same room to check-out at 4PM. In “doing the math on this” add in 30 minutes for the hotel to clean the room and you get a better understanding of the problem created by some dyslexic genius. In spite of your complaint and thousands of others “we” can’t seem to accept the fact that there aren’t 25.5 hours in a day and that upsetting one guest in order to please another is bad business.
I’m really confused about “stuck us outside a toilet” as there are no public restrooms on any floors near any guest room. I’m assuming the “room stunk” is a reference to the view of the “generator” which we don’t have…nor do our neighbors. There is no view of any mechanical equipment from an “ocean view room” and so I will continue to be confused on this yet I did notice that we moved you to the 9th floor the first chance we got…because it was your birthday.
I’m uncertain why we gave your partner a free drink and failed to provide one for you. We like buying people drinks and other “freebies”…it’s fun for us and normally people like it. I’m sorry you were overlooked.
Overall your stay doesn’t sound average. It sounds more like a lot of small but annoying disappointments which we deeply regret. We hope you’ll give us another chance in the future and if that occurs; you’ll get a better result….promise.
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here year after year, my daughters started when they were 8 and 11.They are now 20 and 17; we always had a lot of fun and the costumer relations was by far better than any place I have been. Rooms big and clean, maid service nice courteous. Nice restaurant right in hotel and a snack shop, which was very convenient not only for my daughters but myself as well. The security at the hotel is amazing where my children felt safe and happy. The staff does a great job of asking the riff-raff to leave the property. It is a double edge sword, great location right on ocean and boardwalk, so security watches the entrance but secure enough that never had anything taken. The hotel is close enough yet far enough from south beach so if you want food or drink it is all right here.Staff gives out accurate directions so no getting lost, pool is great, clean, plenty of towels and chairs; my brother came with us 1 year but his wife insited on the fontaine blue, cost him 7 times as much and was unhappy with the rooms, yes rooms changed 4 times and all were dirty and dated, he spent most of his time with us at Four Point Sheridan"s hotel and pool, has stayed here every year since..JUST PERFECT, PRICE, POOL, LOCATION, ROOMS, STAFF.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views are great balcony and chairs. I was there during Jewish holiday and the top f...
Green Features: Recycle, and care for their grounds perfectly and the ocean and beach board walk in front of their hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Anchorage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed in this hotel with family for a wedding, The staff was wonderful and the service was great! We did not get a view of the ocean but we got a special with the parking. Which was nice! We were greeted everytime we drove up by the valet staff. At times that area would get crowded. If we needed more towels or anything for the room, they brought what we request right away and then right after that the phone would ring and it would the front the desk asking if we received our requested items. The price was high but we were right on the beach which is what we wanted. We were ther for a wedding so we didn't get on the beach as much as we wanted. I would suggest that if you aren't going to be on the beach much stay some where else like nearer to the location that you will spend most of your time. But every chance I had I would get to the beach! Will stay at this hotel next time and spend more time on the beach!

Room Tip: If you need a frig request before you arrive. The cost is $5 extra a day.
Green Features: Environment was very friendly! Staff was very nice and quick to help you!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!