“Some good, but mostly average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #123 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brisbane
“Some good, but mostly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location. Nice beachside position. Really helpful and friendly Food and Beverage staff. Unfortunately, this is where it ends.
After checking in, We waited in our room for at least 30 mins for our luggage. It still hadn't arrived so I went down to collect it myself. Collecting your own luggage is against the hotels policies I was told so I couldn't get our bags. Concierge did however deliver our bags then. A total of 40 mins was wasted and could have been spent at the beach.
For the two afternoons we were at the hotel, pool towels were not available in the late afternoon. They were being laundered. I returned to the room and used two bath towels.
Our package included breakfast when we booked, but when we went to check out, breakfast had been added to the bill. After questioning this, we were informed that only two breakfasts were included even though we had booked for 2A & 2C.
Valet service is hopelessly flawed. We once waited 25 minutes for our car and gave up and got a cab.
As has been mentioned before, walls are paper thin and we were woken at 4.30am both nights we stayed. The second night was the worst with what seemed like spring break males having returned from a night out. After 15 minutes of tolerating it, I rung reception and notified them. They said that they would send security up to sort it out. I was kept awake for at least another 30 minutes before the noise calmed down. I did not however hear and security visiting the room.
We were given two drink vouchers worth $6 each upon check in. When I went to the bar to redeem one, it ended up costing me $2.20 on top of the voucher for a draft beer. When I paid cash the next day for a beer it was less than $6. ????
For a Four Points in a great location, I feel that this property is being managed by the staff and the management are well and truly out of touch of the guests experiences.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

High Wycombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was slightly worried before I arrived due to some of the negative feedback I'd read on Trip Advisor. However, this is a great hotel - rooms are clean and very comfortable. Easy access to beautiful Miami Beach from the spacious pool area. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and polite.
I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We used SPG points for free stay at this hotel, so can't complain about the value. The beach access was great and the food was decent. WiFi is good inside the building, but unreliable near the pool. One big negative was the thin walls. We can hear people talking next door and they were speaking in normal volume (doesn't sound like yelling). Worse yet, a couple on the other side had sex at all hours of the night so couldn't get a restful sleep at all during our four-day stay. If your do decide to stay here, make sure to request for a room not near another occupant, especially if they have kids, babies, etc.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CL_011610
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our room was nice, very clean and comfortable. It is located by the beach and the boardwalk, can't ask for more.

However, their employees are in needs of serious customer satisfaction courses. I can go on and on, but I will limit myself to one issue that, I hope, will speak for itself. As we returned to our room 3 employees are talking and blocking the hall, none of them moved their cart to let us pass, they just keep on talking

Our room was not ready when we arrive at 16h, we needed to insist and insist. We were not very impressed. When we got to our floor there was a party go on in one room, and still going on at 22h, unacceptable, but I guess this is normal for Miami Beach.

When we checked out at 4h30 am, no one was at the reception. Finally someone showed up and said okay you may go .... no it does not work that way, we need the invoice to make sure we were not over charge. This was a business trip, we needed the invoice since part of this trip was being reimburse by an employer.

All in all, the hotel is nice, location is good, you eat well. You will need to spend $25 a day to park your car and the chairs and umbrella on the beach will cost your $10/ea for the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brasstess
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your kind and generous review. I agree with you completely.
Good manners are fast becoming an endangered behavior and I regret that we contributed to the erosion. I’m grateful for your bringing it to my attention and promise to address it.
I must admit that we have a serious issue with having rooms ready at check-in time. In an effort to give guests a highly desirable late check-out Starwood neglected to consider those hotels with ultra-high Starwood Preferred Guest patronage….and those guests waiting to check-in. On any given day our best rooms are 100% in use by Starwood Preferred Guests until 4:00 PM (more like 5:00 PM). When at last our most loyal guests do check-out we quickly prepare the room for the next loyal guest who is more than likely cooling their heels in our lobby….while their tempers heat up.
As we become more “tech enabled”, we also become paperless. Folios (invoices) are now emailed in an attempt to save paper. I think all of this is fine….but I worry the human touch is being lost. Guests can simply depart and we might not even know until the room attendant enters the room to refresh. To me….it’s sad. I worry that as the most enabled and populous society in history…we have never been more isolated. Remove the personal interactions of a hotel…and you lose the hotel.
I apologize for the disappointments.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Recently I spoke at a conference in Miami and decided to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton. I had a wonderful and surprising stay. This lovely hotel also has the most pleasant and helpful staff of any hotel I have stayed in in many years. My trip was hectic with flight difficulties as well as very late nights. Normally, when a business travel requests help, the staff does only what the "have to". But to my surprise, the entire team at the Four Points was attentive and extremely helpful. The hotel is situated on the beach with a city entrance, a lovely pool, restaurant, and quiet setting. I will be returning to the Four Points, but next time it will be for a nice, long vacation in the sun!

Room Tip: Upper room are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
So. CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at Four Points Sheraton Miami Beach in the past. Having missed a few years it was easy to see the nice upgrades. New lobby carpet on all floors and new entry door treatments brightened up the hotel. The restaurant is delicious, staff friendly, pool is clean and the beach access is a few steps away. Also, transportation to and from Miami Airport or Fort Lauderdale Port is easy. Additional, bus routes are accessible near the hotel. We will return to this nice hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank garyca
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Location is great for the beach, however a bit too far from the restaurants and shops... If you are looking for just beach and pool, however it's very good. Except during our stay it was very noisy in the halls at all times of day and noisy because the walls are thin. We could hear conversations in other rooms around us. Staff was moderately helpful except for valet was very nice. We found the hotel a bit stingy on towels. It's also quite old and dated so there were some funky smells... They really need to replace the carpets. However, the amenities were great and rooms pretty clean. The staff at the pool was not helpful or friendly at all. Too bad because could be a really great resort with just a little more care.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends