“Clean but dated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
nj
“Clean but dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room was a bit small but no too bad.Very clean. Beds were comfortable, towels were new. Definitely dated rooms. Lucy was redone nicely. Biggest issue (and it's a biggie) is that thehotel next door has music blaring at their pool until way after midnight and the noise comes right into your room. and they charge you $32 a day to park your car!

• Stayed October 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Vacation stay for one week and 2 days. Wish we had chosen another hotel. Filthy linens even after requesting linen change. Poorly trained management staff, no concept of customer service or hospitality. They should not be in the service industry. Housekeeping staff does not speak English nor do they knock and announce themselves before attempting to enter a room. Sheraton name but definitely not Sheraton standard. Stay elsewhere. Expensive motel by the beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this property.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Please accept my most humble apology. While we were unable to track down any details of your stay and the related complaints we feel terrible at having disappointed you. As hard as we work towards perfection; alas we are imperfect creatures. And while everyone speaks English here much of the staff is multi-lingual. Strong language skills are critical to our success as we are very much an international hotel. There are 26 languages spoken at this property. Visitors to our hotel often take comfort in a language that they are familiar with. To go a step further; I believe that my language skills are the weakest of our team and our guests often wish I could offer more than English only….as do I. Clearly we’ve disappointed you and we couldn’t regret it more.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a conference, I stayed here due so to claim points for my SPG gold card. Room very basic, no mod cons. Didn't spend any time in the hotel. I'm sure it's fine for a Miami break but not for business, won't make that mistake again

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We regret your disappointment. While we aren't a Sheraton (maybe Sheraton's little sister) disappointment is still disappointment.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

No, it's not the Fontainbleu next door, but if you had that kind of cash, yes, you'd be staying there.

This is a nice hotel right on Collins Ave in Miami Beach. Parking is $29/day for valet service. Breakfast was $15 per person. Much better than the average continental breakfast, with plenty of good hot dishes as well as an omelette station. The lobby is very nice, and our room (519) was nice. Comfortable bed and flat screen. Bathroom was a little small, closet was a little big. Weird, but fine. Didn't go on the balcony, although you share it with 2 other rooms, no partitions. Again, not a big deal. Easy to get cabs out front. It will cost $10-15 to get to South Beach. Short ride.

Pool was very nice with free towel service, just have to sign them out to thwart those of you who steal towels.

I must commend management on two things. First, the only way I really knew construction was going on was when I was in the pool and looked up at the hotel. There were no curtains on one of the floors, and it looked like guys were working in those rooms. Otherwise, I would have never known! The hotel is very clean, and showed no signs at all. Second, the front desk woman (Crystal, I think) was fantastic. I was celebrating my 40th birthday and she sent up a bottle of wine, dessert, and a few coupons to use at the hotel. She even sent a handwritten card up to the room. Nice touch.

Nice hotel, and good value for Miami Beach. I would definitely recommend, and will definitely be returning...hopefully soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
(Applause) Poetry…pure poetry. Thank you for your observations as well as your honesty. Construction takes a little longer (okay a lot longer) when you require “no noise, no dust and no drama” from the construction team, but it’s worth it. The guest experience is everything here. We AREN’T the Fontainebleau. We ARE an honest, uncomplicated and comfortable little historic hotel and one of the few hotels remaining on Miami Beach that while being affordable features more resort services than most resorts in Florida (count them and compare!). “Nice” is first at all times. Please contact me before making your next reservations….your next stay will be even “nicer”.
Rockwall, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I have never been more disappointed in a Starwood hotel. In a word, spare yourself the trouble and stay away from this nightmare.. It was SO bad, we didn't even spend the night. Our reservation could not be located when we tried to check in. I had the confirmation number saved in my phone, but they still could not locate it in their system. I was told they were full and that I was basically SOL. I called the SPG Platinum desk and asked them to call the hotel directly to solve the problem. Something apparently worked from SPG because suddenly we had a room-- no apology, no mention of the earlier total lack of concern. A squeaky elevator ride to the 4th floor led us into a very dark hallway. The carpet was threadbare and the doors on the rooms were scratched from carts, etc. Our room was more akin to a closet; no more than 250 sq ft I'd guess. The furniture was deplorable, worn, dirty fabric, etc. Our "view" was of old, dilapidated AC units on an adjacent property. The TV remote had no batteries, the bathtub was full of black hair , there was no Kleenex in the dispenser. The list could continue ad nauseuum , but its seriously not worth my time. We gathered our bags, caught a cab and walked out the door. It was my intention, of course, to express my thoughts to the front desk personnel, but when we went back down, there were 10-12 people crowded around the desk and I simply didn't want to deal with the inept staff again. I have disputed the charge to American Express.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Please accept our apology for the “nightmare”. It appears that when you made your reservation it was made for the 29th and you intended to arrive on the 30th. Your plan was to use the room as a “day use room only” as you had reservations that evening at the Westin Aruba Resort. When you failed to arrive on the 29th your reservation turned into a “did not arrive” for which we immediately restricted any and all penalties due to your Starwood “Gold” status. This is the reason we couldn’t find the reservation; because it had already passed. When you did finally arrive we were happy to reinstate your reservation with the corrected date and relocate one of our guests who had yet to arrive; providing you with our last room (#634…sixth floor city view) on this freshly renovated floor. We agree that if you look directly down from the room you will see our new cooling tower covered with special netting designed to minimize its appearance. New or old…camouflaged or not…they aren’t attractive. It’s interesting to note that the very same window also offers a view of the University of Miami’s crew teams practicing on the water across the street; further out the intra-coastal waterway and still further the same city lights as you might see when watching a re-run of Miami Vice. It’s not our best view…but it’s better than most cities can offer. We regret you were disappointed.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Thank you for making my stay a positive and memorable experience! I work in hospitality and this property truly puts in the extra effort to make their guests happy.

In town on business I selected the property for its convenience, however, I will definitely return for a longer stay if I have the opportunity because of the service I received. Stephen at the Valet is the ideal associate--helpful, courteous, and willing to make the first impression positive and reassuring. Giuliana at the front desk continued the tradition of excellence by making my check-in swift, informative and fun--after a long day of traveling it was nice to be put at ease by such a professional and charismatic associate. The only hiccup was that the iron in my room had to be replaced. However, this provided the housekeeping staff a opportunity to capitalize--a new iron was delivered within minutes. Israel at the Bloo bar is a master at his craft in terms of mixology and helpful recommendations about the town. He was instrumental in making my exploration a resounding success. With other requests and check-out, I was delighted to have the attention of Oline. Both professional and exceedingly willing to help me at every turn. To each of these fine associates I say thank you.

The property deserves some mention as well. It is everything it purports to be. Nice bar in the lobby (with a great bartender), the food at the restaurant is priced appropriately, pool was relaxing and well kept, and the beach access is adjacent.

This is a good hotel by itself, but the service is truly what makes it a great value.

Room Tip: Definitely request an Ocean View
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We’re so very happy you were pleased. We work hard at allowing only those “called to service” to practice their profession in this hotel. We will never be a St. Regis (though we serve many St. Regis guests) but we will always be “nice” and looking for any opportunity to “wow” our guests.
Dacula, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a older Four Points Sheraton in a great location. The outside is very deceiving. It looks like a old hotel but on the inside it is very modern, well kept and clean lobby area. Nice size restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It also has a onsite bar and ATM. It has a very nice large pool area and easy access to a clean private beach. Note: The chairs and beach umbrellas are not include in your hotel price.

I was traveling with a party of 4 and was surprised to receive a upgrade from a regular room with 2 double beds to a small suite with 2 double beds microwave and fridge at no extra charge. You could tell it was a older room but there were no odors or dirty walls or carpet. The bathroom was good size and clean. The view was toward the street. Not great but ok. Michael at the front desk was very helpful and polite with helping us find area attractions and check in and out was crisp and fast. Note: Valet parking is $29.00 per day and will be added to your bill. You can go in and out as many times as you wish. There is a cheaper parking deck across the street but you pay every time you leave and come back.

Room Tip: Try to book early to get a room higher than the 4th floor to get a beautiful view of the pool and th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review and for sharing the important details for our fellow travelers. My wife’s favorite attribute for this hotel is the ATM; which you mentioned. She claims that it treats her better than the slot machines in Vegas. I unfortunately know this to be true.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!