I am 50/50 on this hotel. The room was fine, the stay was fine, the service was decent (not fantastic) and all in all it is odd to leave a place just feeling 'eh'.
I will start by saying that i am in my 20's looking for a New Yorkers getaway to South Beach on vacation, looking to find the balance of fun/party Miami and relaxation on the beach.
I will say it was hard to be right next to the SoHo Beach and the Fountainebleu both with stunning pools, huge pool bars and very exclusive access. I understand it was our choice to stay where we stayed but still, you dont want to spend your time wishing you could be elsewhere.
-Direct Beach Access
-Decently Clean (Stains on walls and carpet, trash under bed, room service wasn't picked up outside our room for 2 days, but all in all decently clean. VERY clean bathrooms
-Kind front desk check in staff
-The lobby is beautiful (the rooms could use some major updating)
-Breakfast was good, standard but good.
-Lots of kids, great for families who dont need to be near the Bars and Nightlife of South Beach and who dont want to spend a lot of money.
-Comfy Beds, cute beachy paint in the rooms.
-Far from the fun night life of South Beach
-Not the best hotel service in the world. Not the worst. Just fine. Nothing incredible.
-If you have a room with a balcony, there is nothing on the balcony, no chair, table, anything. And the balconies look more like dog pens, no real divider, you can see right into the other rooms. Some easy outdoor furniture and maybe Lattice or something to divide for privacy would make all the difference in the world. And safer too.
-Lots of children and families (i love children and families, not a con, more of an observation), if you are looking for a romantic getaway this wouldn't be first on my list.
-Took 15 minutes for hot water to actually get hot in our room. on the 4th (2nd really) floor.
All in all, was a fine stay. My observations are that with some updating this hotel could be a real Miami Beach location. Perfect for a family trip. If you are looking to be close to the fun, the bars, the beautiful pools, great restaurants and to have more of an adult, romantic getaway i would suggest moving down closer into South Beach.
Also there is no Cell Phone service, my fiance has Verizon and I have ATT and we had NO SERVICE the entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach. We've kept the historical charm and protected Miami Modern exterior of the building in tact while we've updated the interiors for your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- 4 Points By Sheraton Miami Beach
- Four Points Sheraton Miami Beach
- Sheraton Miami Beach
- Four Points Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Four Points
- Miami Beach Sheraton