“HORRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Indianapolis
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying at hotel currently. There is an extremely LOUD concert occurring at hotel next door. I am on the 9th floor of Sheraton Fourpoints and cannot even think let alone sleep due to the noise from the concert & crowd. The staff of Fourpoints claims they were unaware of concert, the other hotel's legal permit to host concert and the lack of a noise ordinance. The front desk staff is rude and claims there is no manager on duty and absolutely nothing they can do for me. This noise is unacceptable and so is the rudeness of the staff. There are too many other places to stay for comparable price and better staff I am certain.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Staff is horrible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. We completely agree that the evening you speak of was indeed “unacceptable”. Our efforts and the efforts of our neighbors were unsuccessful in resolving the matter in a timely manner; in spite of a very strict noise ordinance being in place. We were unaware of any such planned event. Were we to have known, every effort would have been made to prevent it from occurring. We deeply apologize.

934 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Kinnelon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Check-in was fast and easy. The guys at the door were very helpful in making sure my friends and I didn't have to carry our bags. I thought the lobby was very nice and extremely clean. We had a 2 bed suite with a phenomenal view of the pool and Miami beach. The rooms were nice but I wouldnt say a huge upgrade from a regular room. I would say it just was a bit more spacious and offered a tremendous view. The bathrooms were also very spacious with a walk-in shower which was nice. Hotel offers free WIFI. The pool and jacuzzi were also very nice. We had a great deal and looking at some of the hotels on Miami beach that are the same price range I would highly recommend the Four Points. When I do go back to Miami if I stay in this section this will be the choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind review…and for noticing. Each year we score amongst the very top of all Starwood Hotels for cleanliness. We appreciate your “spot on” description the rooms and for pointing out the “value”. We look forward to your return.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked 3 nights through Priceline for $125 a night during Spring Break. I was expecting the worst after reading the reviews here but have been pleasantly surprised. The staff is wonderful. Super polite and helpful and my room was ready when I came in at 8 am - tired from flying the red-eye from the west coast. My room didn't have an ocean view but the view from the 9th floor onto the canal was nice nonetheless. I had 2 Queen size beds, lots of towels, 2 free waters a day and free WiFi - always a big plus in my book. The room was clean and no sign or smell of mold - plus very little noise despite all the college kids staying here. Is it a little threadbare? Sure, the chairs could use replacing but who cares? I like the nice big TV screen and the desk space because I work a lot on my laptop. I haven't used the pool yet but it looks large and I'll try it tomorrow. I also haven't eaten here and $18 for the breakfast buffet is a little steep - certainly more than I'd ever eat.
The 2 negatives are no fridge and having to schlepp to the 4rth floor for ice. Other than that, I'd stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. Most people are so focused on an ocean view that they fail to consider our city view which is nothing short of amazing. The view offers lots of water and a view of Miami that’s actually better than being there. Coming from a land of amazing vista’s yourself; you did notice and we’re grateful that you mention it now. The chairs you speak of…were replaced right after you left. We wish they’d have arrived just a little sooner. Come back soon…breakfast is on me so bring your appetite.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Four Points Miami Beach for one night before taking a cruise. The hotel is located right on Miami beach and you definitely pay a premium for the location. Having said that, we found that it was not bad value given the location and time of year (mid-March) and the hotel staff were very accommodating. As it turns out, we did not get our wake-up call because there was a glitch with the hotel's system and the manager on duty was very apologetic and offered free breakfast. I would certainly return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Parking around the hotel is expensive and so be prepared to pay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to be the best value on Miami Beach. We apologize for the wake-up call. In the thirties and forties the rush was to build hotels; nobody gave consideration to parking. As a result the parking companies (to whom we pay what you pay) charge less than you’d pay in most metropolitan areas but sticker shock remains the common result.
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The view is incridible if you get a higher floor. The staff was fantastic... We were welcomed and given great rooms and a welcome gift. (Im An SPG Gold) The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is wonderful. But our first room was moldy and gave us a headache within the first hour there... Our friends had a much better rooom and tehy did move us to a better room. The rooms do need some work. The pool area was a huge disappointment also... The beach is fantastic and the area really IS NOT ON SOUTH BEACH!! but very close... Its a good value for the $$ and close to everything south beach!! Actually wish we had more time there for the beach. I would consider staying again beacause of the value and location, but will check out other hotels as well.

Room Tip: get a higher floor with a view....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. The type of mold you speak of doesn’t exist in our hotel. The property is constantly being inspected by third party inspectors who look specifically for mold. Still, if a different room made your headache clear; we’re pleased. We encourage you to “check out our competition”. A guest who is truly familiar with the market can best appreciate the value we offer. We look forward to your next visit.
Lachine, Quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Paint blobs on the carpet from a recent renovation (not vacuumed), no suitcase support, no hair dryer, broken iron, noisy (music kept me up until 1am)... Whatever the excuses were, it is not what I was expecting for a ocean view room at 400$/night. Staff did manage to replace missing/broken items, but I still paid big dollars for a subpar hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
To answer your question…No, it’s a Four Points and yes, there is a difference.
Regardless of our being a Four Points by Sheraton, a Sheraton, a Westin or a St. Regis your accommodations should not have been as described. Please accept my most sincere apology. If you would contact me directly I would be grateful for an opportunity to properly address this unacceptable experience.
Cleveland Ohio USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

As an SPG Platinum member, I redeemed a few nights at 10K per night which was a good use of points. We were upgraded to a beach view junior suite (essentially a modestly bigger room) with a nice size balcony and lots of morning sun, so we could cheat and get some exposure before heading to the beach!!!

The location is right along the South Beach boardwalk and the beach goes uninterrupted for a couple of miles each direction, so excellent beach combing.

As the hotel is located near 41st, there is a cluster of kosher restaurants that is a short walk or if you prefer, a 3 minute drive, which was convenient for our crew.

Not opulent like the next door neighbor the Fountainbleu, but the Four Points is a perfect sleep/shower and get out of the hotel to do stuff, kind of place!

We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We’re glad you enjoyed the location as well as the accommodations. We look forward to your returning in the future!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!