“Great location and view... Great staff.... but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #101 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
chicago
“Great location and view... Great staff.... but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The view is incridible if you get a higher floor. The staff was fantastic... We were welcomed and given great rooms and a welcome gift. (Im An SPG Gold) The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is wonderful. But our first room was moldy and gave us a headache within the first hour there... Our friends had a much better rooom and tehy did move us to a better room. The rooms do need some work. The pool area was a huge disappointment also... The beach is fantastic and the area really IS NOT ON SOUTH BEACH!! but very close... Its a good value for the $$ and close to everything south beach!! Actually wish we had more time there for the beach. I would consider staying again beacause of the value and location, but will check out other hotels as well.

Room Tip: get a higher floor with a view....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. The type of mold you speak of doesn’t exist in our hotel. The property is constantly being inspected by third party inspectors who look specifically for mold. Still, if a different room made your headache clear; we’re pleased. We encourage you to “check out our competition”. A guest who is truly familiar with the market can best appreciate the value we offer. We look forward to your next visit.

1,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Lachine, Quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Paint blobs on the carpet from a recent renovation (not vacuumed), no suitcase support, no hair dryer, broken iron, noisy (music kept me up until 1am)... Whatever the excuses were, it is not what I was expecting for a ocean view room at 400$/night. Staff did manage to replace missing/broken items, but I still paid big dollars for a subpar hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
To answer your question…No, it’s a Four Points and yes, there is a difference.
Regardless of our being a Four Points by Sheraton, a Sheraton, a Westin or a St. Regis your accommodations should not have been as described. Please accept my most sincere apology. If you would contact me directly I would be grateful for an opportunity to properly address this unacceptable experience.
Cleveland Ohio USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

As an SPG Platinum member, I redeemed a few nights at 10K per night which was a good use of points. We were upgraded to a beach view junior suite (essentially a modestly bigger room) with a nice size balcony and lots of morning sun, so we could cheat and get some exposure before heading to the beach!!!

The location is right along the South Beach boardwalk and the beach goes uninterrupted for a couple of miles each direction, so excellent beach combing.

As the hotel is located near 41st, there is a cluster of kosher restaurants that is a short walk or if you prefer, a 3 minute drive, which was convenient for our crew.

Not opulent like the next door neighbor the Fountainbleu, but the Four Points is a perfect sleep/shower and get out of the hotel to do stuff, kind of place!

We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We’re glad you enjoyed the location as well as the accommodations. We look forward to your returning in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I were needing a few days of rest and relaxation.
We were pleased with our room.
The staff were more than accommodating, not only at the front desk, but also the restaurant and housekeeping.
Speaking of the restaurant - the food was delicious and presented beautifully!

The only comment would be on Saturday night, music from the hotel next door was loud, but around 1:30am it stopped abruptly, so Miami must have a nose ordinance. Again, this was only on Saturday night. My husband and I have stayed on Miami Beach before, so we knew that this was part of the culture.

We are glad we choose this hotel.
Also the lobby is spacious and clean.
Staff really did try to accommodate guests. Yes, there was a disgruntled guest in front of us; however, in fairness to all - it was late, and I do think (my personal opinion) the guest was tired and perhaps maybe overreacting - staff did well to work with the guest to resolve the issue. We had no problem in checking in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. The folks next door can get a bit loud at times however; for Miami Beach they’re good neighbors. Traveling can be arduous and we expect guests to arrive tired and on occasion “cranky”. Our goal is to make certain they leave as you left; relaxed and rejuvenated. We’re grateful you chose us to serve you and look forward to your return.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

For a quick stay in Miami it does the job. My pet peeve those is when check in tells you your room will be ready in 30 minutes and nothing until 4 pm check in and then your upgraded room still isn't available so they give you a standard room. As a platinum guest with an ambassador I would expect more. Especially when they were told it was my birthday. Another pet peeve - going to an American hotel in Miami and having no one speak English at the restaurant. We sat there and went through 5 servers for lunch before someone could get us a drink!! Then our room door didnt close and it took them 4 hours to send someone to fix it. And then it wasn't even fixed correctly. Although Service at the W was horrible. Will definitely just use the extra points next time for a much nicer view and room there!

• Stayed February 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Please accept our apology for not having your room ready until the normal check-in time (4:00 PM). We always do our best to check everyone in as quickly as possible especially our Starwood Preferred Guests. We often have Platinum members (like yourself) exercise the late checkout option and hold the room until 4:00 PM. This gives us not even a second to prepare the room for the next Platinum member to check-in. I’m certain you can see the challenge. Our efforts towards early check-ins conflict with those who desire a late checkout.
We apologize for the issue with the door and the communication issue in the restaurant. Our usual complaint is that we don’t have enough people who speak Spanish or Portuguese.
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'll talk about what's nice first:
--The beds are incredibly comfy; if you like a soft bed (which I do).
--One computer and free printing in the lobby (though there's always a guest there).
--Jacuzzi and pool are nice and well maintained and staffed.
--Free wifi in the rooms and the connected seemed fine.
--Free coffee station open most hours of the day.
--The location is convenient; right on the board walk and quick access to the beach.
--Nice workout facility.

What worked against them was
--I ordered eggs from the menu and they were powdered. After I asked, they were reluctant to fully inform me, but I gently pressed for a response and they admitted that they were powdered. I didn't say anything and I had planned to pay though I did not eat all of the eggs, I did eat some of them. As the cashier was cashing me out, I think she took pity on the situation b/c it was sort of obvious that they were stalling on giving me the truth about the eggs, and in the end, she did not charge me for them.
--I stayed for a full week and I had house keeping clean for about 2 of those days, however, they did not replenish my face towels, toiletries (soap) or on the sugar and coffee. I ended up tracking her down in the hall to get all of the supplies that I needed, but that's really housekeeping 101. I did still leave a small tip.
--Finally, I don't have a major credit card, so they wanted a $300 deposit; ended up leaving $50. The policy was a bit inconvenient, however, it was more uncomfortable when the attendant want to move me to the side and assist the next customer when my transaction was not fully complete. On top of that, I did not have a ocean or canal view room. :-(

Overall, a bit pricey, but not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view or canal view room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of our property. And while I’m grateful for the positive comments; I’d like to address the less than favorable comments so as to avoid any future issues.
In my 30 years in this industry I haven’t seen powdered eggs used in any hotel or restaurant. The product is used by survivalists only and not only do they taste bad but they’re far more expensive than regular eggs. We make every effort to use organic and sustainable products whenever possible. That means avoiding threatened species of seafood, using cage free and organically fed chicken etc. In the case of “eggs” we use eggs from chickens fed a vegetarian diet with the exterior shell having been sanitized prior to shipping. There are no local poultry farms (that we know of) and so our eggs are as local as it gets….central/north Florida. We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy them.
While there is indeed a computer in the lobby there are two more in the business center. If they’re in use you need only let us know and we will find you a computer.
Starwood offers a program (make a green choice) which many of our guests accept without fully understanding. In essence the guest and hotel join forces on behalf of the environment. The guest accepts reduced services in return for compensation. It appears you “opted in” to the program. We apologize if the program wasn’t properly explained.
As for the deposit; I doubt you’ll find a hotel in America that doesn’t ask for one. We wish it weren’t necessary. As for being pricey; from a real-estate perspective Miami Beach is probably the most expensive sand bar on the planet…with taxes. Still, the price is just as much a product of demand as anything else. I believe when seeking value on Miami Beach there is only one place to stay…and that’s with us.
We look forward to your next visit which I’m certain will be perfect.
Pleasantville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has a great location right on the beach. The public areas and pool area are lovely, the breakfast was good and the staff were very attentive to our needs. The rooms are being renovated and despite my request for a renovated room we had a partially renovated room with fresh paint and new carpet but bathroom needed serious updating, however bed was super comfy and we had a fabulous view of the ocean........I would recommend for families with kids.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room rooms with view are nice but some nights were noisy due to loud music outside
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Our team is working hard to transform the guest rooms as quickly and quietly as possible. We love the new bathrooms which should be completed in the next few weeks.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!