“Good for a quick stay on points.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #102 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Good for a quick stay on points.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

For a quick stay in Miami it does the job. My pet peeve those is when check in tells you your room will be ready in 30 minutes and nothing until 4 pm check in and then your upgraded room still isn't available so they give you a standard room. As a platinum guest with an ambassador I would expect more. Especially when they were told it was my birthday. Another pet peeve - going to an American hotel in Miami and having no one speak English at the restaurant. We sat there and went through 5 servers for lunch before someone could get us a drink!! Then our room door didnt close and it took them 4 hours to send someone to fix it. And then it wasn't even fixed correctly. Although Service at the W was horrible. Will definitely just use the extra points next time for a much nicer view and room there!

• Stayed February 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Please accept our apology for not having your room ready until the normal check-in time (4:00 PM). We always do our best to check everyone in as quickly as possible especially our Starwood Preferred Guests. We often have Platinum members (like yourself) exercise the late checkout option and hold the room until 4:00 PM. This gives us not even a second to prepare the room for the next Platinum member to check-in. I’m certain you can see the challenge. Our efforts towards early check-ins conflict with those who desire a late checkout.
We apologize for the issue with the door and the communication issue in the restaurant. Our usual complaint is that we don’t have enough people who speak Spanish or Portuguese.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'll talk about what's nice first:
--The beds are incredibly comfy; if you like a soft bed (which I do).
--One computer and free printing in the lobby (though there's always a guest there).
--Jacuzzi and pool are nice and well maintained and staffed.
--Free wifi in the rooms and the connected seemed fine.
--Free coffee station open most hours of the day.
--The location is convenient; right on the board walk and quick access to the beach.
--Nice workout facility.

What worked against them was
--I ordered eggs from the menu and they were powdered. After I asked, they were reluctant to fully inform me, but I gently pressed for a response and they admitted that they were powdered. I didn't say anything and I had planned to pay though I did not eat all of the eggs, I did eat some of them. As the cashier was cashing me out, I think she took pity on the situation b/c it was sort of obvious that they were stalling on giving me the truth about the eggs, and in the end, she did not charge me for them.
--I stayed for a full week and I had house keeping clean for about 2 of those days, however, they did not replenish my face towels, toiletries (soap) or on the sugar and coffee. I ended up tracking her down in the hall to get all of the supplies that I needed, but that's really housekeeping 101. I did still leave a small tip.
--Finally, I don't have a major credit card, so they wanted a $300 deposit; ended up leaving $50. The policy was a bit inconvenient, however, it was more uncomfortable when the attendant want to move me to the side and assist the next customer when my transaction was not fully complete. On top of that, I did not have a ocean or canal view room. :-(

Overall, a bit pricey, but not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view or canal view room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of our property. And while I’m grateful for the positive comments; I’d like to address the less than favorable comments so as to avoid any future issues.
In my 30 years in this industry I haven’t seen powdered eggs used in any hotel or restaurant. The product is used by survivalists only and not only do they taste bad but they’re far more expensive than regular eggs. We make every effort to use organic and sustainable products whenever possible. That means avoiding threatened species of seafood, using cage free and organically fed chicken etc. In the case of “eggs” we use eggs from chickens fed a vegetarian diet with the exterior shell having been sanitized prior to shipping. There are no local poultry farms (that we know of) and so our eggs are as local as it gets….central/north Florida. We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy them.
While there is indeed a computer in the lobby there are two more in the business center. If they’re in use you need only let us know and we will find you a computer.
Starwood offers a program (make a green choice) which many of our guests accept without fully understanding. In essence the guest and hotel join forces on behalf of the environment. The guest accepts reduced services in return for compensation. It appears you “opted in” to the program. We apologize if the program wasn’t properly explained.
As for the deposit; I doubt you’ll find a hotel in America that doesn’t ask for one. We wish it weren’t necessary. As for being pricey; from a real-estate perspective Miami Beach is probably the most expensive sand bar on the planet…with taxes. Still, the price is just as much a product of demand as anything else. I believe when seeking value on Miami Beach there is only one place to stay…and that’s with us.
We look forward to your next visit which I’m certain will be perfect.
Pleasantville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has a great location right on the beach. The public areas and pool area are lovely, the breakfast was good and the staff were very attentive to our needs. The rooms are being renovated and despite my request for a renovated room we had a partially renovated room with fresh paint and new carpet but bathroom needed serious updating, however bed was super comfy and we had a fabulous view of the ocean........I would recommend for families with kids.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room rooms with view are nice but some nights were noisy due to loud music outside
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Our team is working hard to transform the guest rooms as quickly and quietly as possible. We love the new bathrooms which should be completed in the next few weeks.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location is nice , right in the Miami Beach sand. The hotel is fair. Good breakfast , clean , nice view from the room , regular pool , regular fitness center. The worst part is valet. It take about 20 minutes to get your car (I dont have a guess where they park them) , so remember that. Try to call valet before you leave your room so you can gain some minutes.

Room Tip: Both sides are good,. One have beach view and the other have canal view, which is also a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Four Points By Sheraton and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay, thanks in part to our location and amenities. We sincerely apologize for the long wait with valet during the boat show. We must have fallen short on informing you that it is recommended that you request your car ten minutes before you are ready for it. Your experience is atypical and falls below our high standards for service; as such, the matter has been addressed accordingly. We hope to welcome you back soon.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had a lovely room that was clean and had big, comfortable beds. Great view of the ocean. Nice patio area to enjoy the sunshine and pool and a short stroll to the boardwalk and beach.
Complimentary tea and coffee was most appreciated. Internet for guests in lobby was convenient for keeping in touch with family at home. Nice breakfast buffet.
The only negative was the loud music coming from neighbouring property on Friday evening.

Room Tip: You may wish to have a room away from the back of the hotel on weekend evenings as the entertainment...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this great review and for your recent visit. We are pleased that you found our rooms to be comfortable and their ocean views insuperable. We are one of the few that can boast of having the views, the location and all the complimentary amenities: coffee, tea, water and wifi.
We hope you will join us again the next time you are passing through Miami. Our rooms really do make an excellent extended stay experience.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went with some friends for the weekend and it had the 2011 work finished so the suite we had was very nice. Although a suite for 3 did not have 3 seperate beds or even an extra sofa/camp bed initially! Helpful staff and great night at the club which is a reason we went. Good location for the beach too

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Great news that we were all happy at the end. We're most pleased that you enjoyed the service offered by our friendly staff. We hope you will join us again soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Four Points Miami Beach in so many ways. As many have stated the common areas have been upgraded, which is certainly true (especially for a Four Points property). The current renovations were not intrusive in my opinion. The location was top notch allowing me to walk to the beach every morning before my meetings in Downtown Miami. Coffee was ready and waiting (for free) in the lobby before my morning beach walk. Every staff member I interacted with was very pleasant. I'd highly recommend the hotel for leisure or business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review after your stay here with us. We are thrilled to hear such high praise for our property and entire staff and it’s obvious they played a key role in your terrific experience.
We hope that Four Points will become your hotel of choice here in Miami Beach and we look forward to your next trip here with us. Thanks again for the review and we will see you next time!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!