“An unexpected (good) surprise.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #96 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Diego, California
“An unexpected (good) surprise.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Four Points Miami Beach in so many ways. As many have stated the common areas have been upgraded, which is certainly true (especially for a Four Points property). The current renovations were not intrusive in my opinion. The location was top notch allowing me to walk to the beach every morning before my meetings in Downtown Miami. Coffee was ready and waiting (for free) in the lobby before my morning beach walk. Every staff member I interacted with was very pleasant. I'd highly recommend the hotel for leisure or business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review after your stay here with us. We are thrilled to hear such high praise for our property and entire staff and it’s obvious they played a key role in your terrific experience.
We hope that Four Points will become your hotel of choice here in Miami Beach and we look forward to your next trip here with us. Thanks again for the review and we will see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The location is good. We went for the boat show and we were able to walk to part of the show. The staff is friendly and helpfull but this is where it ends. The walls are so thin that you hear the conversations of the people in the adjacent room. I wasn't able to sleep more than three hours a night due to noisy neighbors. At 5:00am I was awakened with them having sex. It was so clear it could have been in our adjacent bed. They weren't excessively loud but it was not what we wanted to hear on vacation. I would have been really concerned if kids were staying in our room. I told the manager about the thin walls and he admitted it was a problem. For my 3 days of no sleep I was offered Some Starwood points. So if you stay here just understand that the hotel was built many years ago and they can't do anything about the noise problem.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the service received. We are indeed in a great location.
We acknowledge that there are times when guests are less than considerate of others. Most often the party atmosphere associated with South Beach stays in South Beach however on occasion we endure those who stay with us and end up disrupting the environment for others. We deeply regret any service issue which may have occurred. Once again I apologize for your disappointment and request that you give us another opportunity at a later date.
Zug, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

really great location, right on the beach. A bit off the Art Deco district but you can do a nice walk, rent a bike or take a bus to get there.
The room we had was of good size but needs an upgrade. Rest of the hotel was nice and staff was very helpful. Breakfast buffet was quite nice as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review and for the compliments on our location, away from the noise of South Beach but within close proximity of all that it has to offer. We do hope that you will make us your home away from home once our ongoing multi-million dollar renovation is completed. We will be happy to be of service to you on your next visit
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Based on the reviews I was expecting worse, however hotel is not too bad, average. Right on the beach, next to fun of fountain blue. Rooms are outdated but clean, oceanfront rooms offer a nice balcony and view. Noisy nights due to club/bar next doors. Breakfast very basic, but good service.

• Stayed February 2013
We are glad to have surpassed your expectations; we only hope that more special guests like yourself take time to review us. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and at completion we trust you will give us the second chance to wow you. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying at Four Points By Sheraton.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are visiting from a 3rd world country you may be satisfied, otherwise likely not. I saw the maid cleaning the room down the hall by the elevator and was amazed to see her spray furniture polish - yes furniture polish in the air before she closed the door to complete cleaning a room as an apparent air freshener. I guess that explained the smell in my room.

The door itself was flimsy and hollow and my key card failed at 11:20pm so I could not get into it (apparently maintenance left at 11:30pm). Took 3 trips to the desk with no luck until they found a master key to unlock the room, after 25 minutes wasted.

I was actually booked for 3 nights but canceled after 1 and moved to another hotel the remaining 2 nights. The location is also in a so-so area of declining quality hotels.

The common areas look much better than the rooms, which need immediate gut renovation, but I left before I could observe more.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Aside from the “pretty dumpy” we agree with much of what you’ve said.

The common areas are indeed more attractive than the guest rooms…at this moment. However we are in the middle of a renovation and the new rooms will soon be the equal of the common areas.

The doors while meeting code, Starwood standards and historic guidelines (far from flimsy and certainly NOT hollow) were pretty ho-hum by Miami Beach standards. The new doors make a resounding statement; that being “WOW”.

Starwood’s efforts to be considerate of our planet and all who live there results in out-of-the-box ideas….like a cleaning solution made of all natural and organic oils. This blend of essential oils has been used for thousands of years and not only inhibits bacterial growth and supports a healthy respiratory system but also leaves a healthy shine on furniture without leaving behind chemicals....oh, and it smells great! The only two drawbacks are 1. It doesn’t work on windows 2. It often confuses our guests.

We’re sorry that we disappointed you but hope you’ll return soon and enjoy our new rooms as well as our enhanced butterfly garden created to support the endangered blue butterfly of Miami Beach.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday, February 9 at 2:30 PM they said that the rooms were not available until after 4 PM and they said they hoped it wouldn't be that long and that they would call me on my cell phone. I also asked for a room with an ocean view if possible and then the front desk said they could give me a room with a view but I had to give up my king-size bed in exchange for two double beds. I felt having an ocean view would be better with two double beds than a king size bed without a view and said OK. The front desk never called me back and then when I came back up to the front desk at 3:45 PM to check in it took them nearly 20 minutes to get me checked in. They first put me in room 631 and was old and in disrepair with a view of the parking lot (not the ocean). I called the front desk and explained the problem and the exchange that had been made earlier and then upgraded me to room number 933. While room 933 was newer It only had two double beds And it had the same view of the parking lot. In fact it was arguably a worse view since there was a building partially obstructing our view in this room. At this point I was tired of fighting with them And just decided to accept the room as is and instead write this review since they had failed to meet my requests 2 separate times. My advice is for the price you pay to stay in Miami Beach you should be accommodated to some extent however that does not happen at this hotel. Do not stay here unless you wish to be disappointed as I have been. I will not return to this hotel or to the Sheraton chain ever again as a result of their repeated poor service.

• Stayed February 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Our hotel has the good fortune of constantly being busy. In order for us to provide a room to a new guest the former guest must first depart and the room must once again be prepared. In your case we didn’t need to call your cell phone to alert you of an available room; as you were already at our desk 15 minutes before the possibility of having your room ready.
As you can see by our numerous attempts to move you to a room that was close to the room type you had “requested… but did not book”; we want everyone to be happy with their stay. Regrettably booking the most basic of accommodations and hoping for an upgrade to the most sought after of rooms is at best a gamble. During the off-season and on rare occasions these gambles pay off. We regret that on this occasion it didn’t.
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good location for Miami Beach. Not in walking distance of much, but that is okay with me.

Room size is good for a hotel in the area. The furniture is outdated. The rooms are clean, very important to me.

Service by reps was pretty good, no issues.

If I were to be in the area again I would consider this hotel as a place to stay. It is normally less expensive than the surrounding hotels.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and ratings on our service and value and thank you for sharing your review of Four Points. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Our location is definitely ideal, as we are surrounded by some of the best dining options and shopping around.
We hope that you will continue to choose our property when traveling to Miami and we that our current renovation will provide our rooms a more modern, fresh look.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!