“Gave up king sized bed for a "room with a view" got a view of a parking lot and building in room 933” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach

Book Early and Save
Ranked #100 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday, February 9 at 2:30 PM they said that the rooms were not available until after 4 PM and they said they hoped it wouldn't be that long and that they would call me on my cell phone. I also asked for a room with an ocean view if possible and then the front desk said they could give me a room with a view but I had to give up my king-size bed in exchange for two double beds. I felt having an ocean view would be better with two double beds than a king size bed without a view and said OK. The front desk never called me back and then when I came back up to the front desk at 3:45 PM to check in it took them nearly 20 minutes to get me checked in. They first put me in room 631 and was old and in disrepair with a view of the parking lot (not the ocean). I called the front desk and explained the problem and the exchange that had been made earlier and then upgraded me to room number 933. While room 933 was newer It only had two double beds And it had the same view of the parking lot. In fact it was arguably a worse view since there was a building partially obstructing our view in this room. At this point I was tired of fighting with them And just decided to accept the room as is and instead write this review since they had failed to meet my requests 2 separate times. My advice is for the price you pay to stay in Miami Beach you should be accommodated to some extent however that does not happen at this hotel. Do not stay here unless you wish to be disappointed as I have been. I will not return to this hotel or to the Sheraton chain ever again as a result of their repeated poor service.

• Stayed February 2013
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Our hotel has the good fortune of constantly being busy. In order for us to provide a room to a new guest the former guest must first depart and the room must once again be prepared. In your case we didn’t need to call your cell phone to alert you of an available room; as you were already at our desk 15 minutes before the possibility of having your room ready.
As you can see by our numerous attempts to move you to a room that was close to the room type you had “requested… but did not book”; we want everyone to be happy with their stay. Regrettably booking the most basic of accommodations and hoping for an upgrade to the most sought after of rooms is at best a gamble. During the off-season and on rare occasions these gambles pay off. We regret that on this occasion it didn’t.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good location for Miami Beach. Not in walking distance of much, but that is okay with me.

Room size is good for a hotel in the area. The furniture is outdated. The rooms are clean, very important to me.

Service by reps was pretty good, no issues.

If I were to be in the area again I would consider this hotel as a place to stay. It is normally less expensive than the surrounding hotels.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and ratings on our service and value and thank you for sharing your review of Four Points. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Our location is definitely ideal, as we are surrounded by some of the best dining options and shopping around.
We hope that you will continue to choose our property when traveling to Miami and we that our current renovation will provide our rooms a more modern, fresh look.
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had stayed at the Sheration Key west! this site can't find it but it was amazing. we had a great time & recommend it to anyone looking for a good time. They have a free shuttle to down Town Key west & we took advantage of it too! you wouldn't believe how clean this hotel is, and the breakfast was out of this world. Don't miss out on this, the price is fantastic too!

Room Tip: choose one in the end area of the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights recently and had a great time. Room was upgraded to a King-suite br and oceanfront. After talking with rep at the front desk (Youbens) we were given our last two nights for a discounted rate, free breakfast for the final two days and a complimentary bottle of wine along with a fruit dish. All for just mentioning it was our anniversary. Great stuff. The room was nice if not a little dated. Pool was clean as well as outdoor hot tub. Everyone made our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Just minutes from the heart of South Beach and next to the extravagant Fountainblue Hotel, I would highly reccomend the Four Points Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balconey as the window do not open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are thrilled with your response and the compliments on our staff. We do have an extremely friendly and helpful team. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Lobby is nice, service is great, the room was a little outdated in decor but it was clean which matters the most. Girl at the bar was amazing. We ordered daiquiris not realizing that its dairy, which I'm allergic to, and she replaced it without charge or attitude. Great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
We are pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such a great overall experience here with us. We hope that you will in fact return soon for another visit and we are confident that some of the issues you mention, such as outdated rooms will be addressed by our ongoing renovation.
We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks again for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Miami!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-January 2013 and prior to checking in I was very nervous after reading a lot of negative reviews on this site. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in to find a really nice lobby and extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. Our room faced the ocean and while it was a bit dated in terms of decor, it was clean, bright and had everything we needed - I wouldn't have expected anything more from a Four Points. The location is right on the beach and is about a $10 cab ride from South Beach proper. The pool area is really nice and well-maintained. Also, free Wi-Fi in the rooms was a bonus. We never ate at the hotel but we did have breakfast and dinner at the Soho Beach House next door which was excellent both times we were there (I think the restaurant there is called Ceccione's) - pretty reasonable prices, good service and gorgeous surroundings. Overall we had a great stay and I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Four Points Miami Beach. Each year we serve in excess of 100,000 guests. Thankfully most share your perception of our property. The few who don’t enjoy their stay often provide us with some excellent insight into areas for improvement. Please join us next year when our renovation will be complete and the property will sparkle like new.
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The only redeeming feature for this hotel is that it's right on the beach but then so are the other 200 hotels in the area. I chose to stay here to save my company money as i'm attending a conference at the excellent Fontainbleau next door. I would have paid the $100 extra out of my own money if I had really thought about it.
When you walk into the hotel you can't help but notice the very dirty white front door and Sheraton Welcome mat ahd that really sets the scene for this hotel. The first room I was given was illuminated by a blue neon light outside accompanied by the very loud humming of what I can only assume is a generator. The hotel staff were courteous in switching my room and I got a room with a King size bed on 10th floor. The room is clean enough but very old furniture and the pillows on the bed are so thin I had to stack all 4 up together to get some elevation.
On the first night I went to the bar and orderd some Nachos which were awful and 2 beers which were expensive.
If you read my other reveiws you'll see that I don't often reveiw that a hotel is just 'bad' but I'm afraid this one is. If you're coming to Miami beach check out the rates at the Z hotel. It's a really great spot with very nice slightly funky rooms, a cool bar and a great terrace restaurant right on Ocean Drive.
Sorry Sheraton, give this place a facelift.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review. We are grateful for your feedback regarding the condition of your room and are working diligently to correct any defects. We are confident that our ongoing multi-million dollar renovation will address the problems you have mentioned.
We hope that we will become your hotel of choice here Miami Beach once our renovation is completed.
Thanks again for the review.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach? Share your experiences!