“Roach Heaven” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Sands Hotel

Golden Sands Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Golden Sands Hotel
Save Saved
You added Golden Sands Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #148 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Roach Heaven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

Nice clean rooms, stayed three days.
However, mornings found the small german cockroaches
in the kitchenette sink and on formica countertop.
Also found a dead rat near the poolside ,
was afraid of taking the vermin home in luggage.

nearest the beach. I complained directly to the
front desk , they said, " OK ".
The thing stayed there til' eight the next morning.
I liked the place a lot but it needs a visit
from Orkin or Terminix.
Some rough looking characters on the beach access sidewalk.........

• Stayed February 2003

Families
Business
sj, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

I’ve stayed in Golden Sands on October 2004 for 4 nights. I have to say not bad at all. The hotel its self is little bit out dated but the stuff was the whole time very nice, polite and professional. I made my reservation on-line on their website. They didn’t have it. Good that I had print out confirmations. Clerk made my reservation, gave me a room I requested, apologized… Room was on the top floor and was nice. It was clean and had fabulous view of the Atlantic Ocean! The room was missing hair dryer, but Walgreen’s was just 2 blocks down. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The beach was nice. Parking was little bit cramped. I had only one problem on Friday night when my neighbor’s wanted to have a party. I called the front desk and in about 10 minutes party was over. Good job! I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

If anyone wants to stay at the Golden Sands Hotel, I recommend that you don't. The staff was rude. I was actually yelled at by housekeeping for taking too long to leave my room for service. When I complained to the front desk, I was insulted by the front desk attendant. The rooms were dirty and it was a horrible experience. We affectionately call it Hotel Hell.
Take it from me, don't do it to yourself.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

i had the time of my life... very friendly staf and pretty clean rooms... just seconds from the beach and the clubs, a little noise coming from the street at night but other than that i had fun.. i think its real affordable and worth it!!!

Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2005

I didn't mind that we had to pay to park, but the ramp up or down was very narrow and in my opinion dangerous. The rooms were not what we expected. We brought our Lysol and gave the room and bathroom a thorough cleaning to avoid getting sick. The walls were paper thin and you could hear all activity going on in the hallway. I would not choose this hotel.

• Stayed April 2005
Stuyvesant, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

While I booked it through priceline it was not a bacd price, but that is where it turned even worse. First the Pro's. Place was Clean. The bed wwas alright, good enough for a nights sleep. That's it. The Con's- The bar is small and they don't offer any draft beer. They Have a Happy Hour for $.99 draft beers. but no draft beer so no happy hour. They said they have a pool table. NO pool Table. I asked why do you have these in your phamplet, its an old one. $8 a day for parking Crummy parking garage. just big enough for a jeep to drive into it. There are lot of deserted shops next to/near the hotel. Denny's and IHOP across the street.
If your looking for a place to sleep that is close to a public beach then come to the Golden Sands Hotel. If your looking to experence Miami Beach Look elseware. Would give it a 3 out of 5 in the room its self. 1 out of 5 in Service. A 2 out of 5 overal.

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2004

This hotel was not worth saving money! If I knew it was going to be so horrible, I would have been more than willing to spend a couple hundred dollars more! The walls were so thin I never got any sleep. Every night the people in the surrounding rooms were screaming and basically having parties in the hall. The management did not care about this kind of behavior, they seemed to agree with it. The bathrooms were terrible, hairs in the bed, urine on the bathroom floors! Do not stay here!

Been to Golden Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!