“Slummy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lily Leon Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Lily Leon Hotel
835-841 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #181 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Slummy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

We just got back today from staying the long weekend there 4/20-4/23. First of all, after reading all reviews for southbeachgroup (owners of this hotel and others), and after experiencing them first hand, i will never stay with them again and will highly discourage any of my friends or family to stay there unless they have no other choice and will not be taking anything other than the clothes they're in. The room was ghettofabulous. banged up doors with no indoor safety lock so anyone could easily break in. We saw a roach! The shower curtain was moldy. The sink was too far from the faucet so water splashed onto you even if you only turned it on a little. There was broken glass left on the floor that at least two girls got cut with. Oh it was just gross. They did not clean our hotel room the entire four day stay (we were a bit relieved b/c we heard staff steals from hotel guests). There was a shady drug dealer that hung out at the entrance/exit AT ALL TIMES and observed all of our ins and outs. There were nosy people who hung out at the bar downstairs who asked us of our plans each night we left. I had to be clever and say some girls are not coming out and decided to stay in just so they'd think there was people in there and not break in... staying here for a cheap price was totalyl not worth sacrificing comfort and peace of mind regarding our safety and our valuables safety in the room. i honestly wonder how this hotel chain can get away with such conditions!

Stayed April 2007

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2007

Most of the places seem ok when nothing goes wrong. But when there are problems, the place shows its true colors. Lily Leon is no exception. Couple of things:
- The phone in the room never worked
- We never got hot water

This was still understandable. We didn't make a big deal out of it. The worst part is - THE HOTEL CHARGED ME TWICE FOR MY STAY. Once through the reservation that I had made before reservation and once at the time of checkout. I am trying to get in touch with these guys for over a week and they are extremely unresponsive. The accounting department never answers the phone; they don't show the courtesy of returning the calls; the front desk says that they cannot do anything about it. SO - BEWARE FOLKS - MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR HOTEL BILLS - AND THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL.

Stayed January 2007
North Brunswick, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

I received an e-mail informing me about a special at this hotel. If you booked and paid for one night, you would get two for free. I immediately booked it without checking here first.

All seemed OK at first sight. I was upgraded to a suite. It was terriffic until I realized it overlooked the garbage dumpsters. Each morning I was awoken to the sound of the trucks that empty them. Whatever construction was going on was non-stop. I wanted to pull my hair out of my head!

The bottom of the shower curtain was covered in mold. I am not sure how that could happen since the water pressure was nill. Also, the hot water lasted no more than 5 minutes. For two days, I took the fastest showers of my life! I could not stand one more free day. I tried to check out early and go home. Of course, checking out wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. There was a hand written note on the front desk saying that someone would be there eventually. It is very sad when free is too much to pay for a hotel!

• Liked — Near beach and shopping
  • Disliked — Noisy and dirty
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
southern shores
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

We booked this hotel from the hotel website, which represents it to be a boutique South Beach hotel. When we arrived in South Beach I actually thought I had the wrong address. The hotel is extremely run down in a crowded and dangerous neighborhood. It was clearly too dangerous of an environment to stay with a family so I went to talk to the desk clerk and found the front door locked with no one inside. There was only street parking and there was a vandalized car behind the hotel with rags tied in the windows. So we started calling the reservations number and no one answered, there was not even any type of voice mail. eMailed the address from the web site, (got a response three weeks later). We had to go back to North Miami to find an available hotel which did have an impact on our travel schedule and then, unbelievable, Lily Leon double charged my credit card. When I brought it to their attention they basically said, sue us.

Worst hotel experience of all times, beware and do not believe the web site, there is nothing boutique about this ghetto hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't believe the website, stay somewhere safer
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Everett, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

We booked our stay via the South Beach Hotel Groups website. We booked the penthouse suite for three nights at an amazing rate as part of a promotion the last week of September. After reading the reviews we were a little nervous about staying.

We arrived on a Wednesday in the middle of the afternoon. We thought the website said they had valet parking and we were a little annoyed when we had to go park in the nearby parking garage but being from Boston my boyfriend and I are used to walking.

Our room was awesome - if you have the money the Penthouse suite is totally worth it! The private roof deck was awesome. We were a little dissapointed that the hot tub on the private deck didn't work as well as we would have liked - we think that without the cover it had a hard time heating the water. The room and everything were clean. The bathroom wall did have a crack in the plaster but whatever, no big deal.

The continental breakfast was just that, continental. Nothing extravagant. Pasteries and orange juice. The staff was friendly enough and we didn't have any suprises on our bill. There were nightly drink specials that were nice and we took advantage of that.

We were at the top of the staircase and the sound from the bar did carry up and I can see how people could be annoyed by that, but shouldn't a little late night noise be expected when you are staying in South Beach?

Overall, it wasn't that bad. I don't think we would stay there again if we didn't get a great deal like we had this time, but I wouldn't tell someone not to stay there because it wasn't as horrible as everyone made it out to be.

• Liked — Location - one block from the Beach and near a ton of good restaurants and nightlife
  • Disliked — No pool or parking
  • Tips/Secrets — The South Beach Hotel Group offers great deals from time to time, take advantage of them if you see them!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
mt. pleasant, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

First of all, we booked for the hotel chelsea. when we arrived at the airport, our flight got in just after the 5 o'clock run for the "free" shuttle. we were told that we would have to wait 2 hours or pay $32 for a taxi. we had the taxi drop us at the hotel chelsea where our reservations were for. when we arrived we were advised that due to some people staying over an extra day, we were "upgraded" to stay at the lily leon just around the corner. I guess miami's definition of around the corner is a lot different than mine. we had to walk about 2-3 blocks (with all our luggage in tow, us having to carry our own!!!) to get to the other hotel walking through parts of town that I would not feel comfortable letting my grown children walk in in broad daylight! After finally arriving at the hotel, we were led to an upstairs room that looked out at the back of a run down apartment building. Once inside we inquired about the fridge of drinks and water, and also the tray of snacks. they advised us that no they were not free that they would send someone to the room with a pricelist. HA! We have yet to see the pricelist.
The next morning when we went to our "wonderful" (not) breakfast, you had to eat at booths and tables outside on the sidewalk. In the same booths that there were drunks passed out on from the night before and from who knows where!
would never visit again and will definitely advise anyone headed to florida to beware of these hotels who obviously don't care about the customer but only the $$.

Tonyia Higgs
Mt. Pleasant, Texas

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

Let me start by first saying that this hotel is not what is promised on the website. However, it is an awesome place to stay. Before we left I read all of the horrible reviews on here and it scared me a little bit. When we arrived, the check in was fast and easy and someone even carried our bags upstairs for us. We were told about the continental breakfast and the free drinks between 7 & 8. The room was not big, but it packed a big punch. It had a nice television and a stereo as well. The bed was the best part! It was so comfortable that we had no problem napping upon arrival. The "mini bar" in the room is expensive so we didnt touch anything in it. The bathroom did not have a "sunken oval tub" but did have a spacious shower. The hot water took a minute to kick in, but afterwards it was great. Overall the Lily was a nice place for me and my boyfriend. It was in prime location and was only $95/night for a standard room. I recommend this hotel for anyone who isn't super picky about where they stay, because there are a few things that would probably be below satisfaction for some. However, if you are like us and are just there to enjoy each other's company, then this is the place for you.

• Liked — location and the friendly staff...and the bed
  • Disliked — not what promised on website
  • Tips/Secrets — don't expect what you see on the website, just have an open mind and don't be too critical
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lily Leon Hotel? Share your experiences!