“Good for the price!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawaii Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hawaii Hotel to your Saves list
Hawaii Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7430 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141 (Formerly Ocean Way Hotel)   |
Ranked #191 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Itapira, SP
“Good for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location is GREAT (few steps from the beach in front of the hotel) and the room is good enough to spend a few days...
The only problem is that there is just a small glass next to the shower to keep the water inside so after every shower, we had to put the towel on the floor and squeeze the soaked towel many times to do not have a "pool" in the bathroom's floor!!
A plastic curtain would solve the problem!!
Also there was hair (from someone else) on the sheets and towels and it looks like the painting in the room was done without moving any furnitures away (there's painting on the bed, tv, shelf, floor...) so it kind of gives you the feeling that you're in a place that's still under construction...
It's just small details that make a big difference (visually and for guest's comfort!)
Overall, it's a good place to stay if you wanna save money on your trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the kind of place that is good for the price, you can't go in expecting the quality of a holiday inn or the Hilton, the rooms are small but they get the job done. I personally didn't see any pests or anything, the best thing about this hotel is the location, the beach just across the hotel is great, and you can take the bus just about anywhere from the hotel, the best part is the diversity of the surrounding neighborhood mostly Latin countries, Peru Brazil Argentina etc. the neighborhood is the home to a great deal of good restaurants and dessert places, don't be intimidated by the mediterrean food, that place is absolutely great

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Worst place I've ever stayed. I didn't stay. They kept my money. I read the reviews after I paid and I walked in it smelled awful!!! No tub, smelled of bug spray and mold. Disgusting floor. RIPOFF!!! Complete opposite of Hawaii!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was the most terrible and horrific experience I have had in my life , this hotel was disgusting , stinks, the location is terrible for people who are trying to enjoy the night life because there's literally nothing going on over there, too many homeless people and they come in the hotel and try to steal breakfast and the hotel staff picked up a chair to hit the homeless guy I'm still traumatized from being at that hotel and I saw dead cock roaches in the room it's just NASTY bottom line please listen to these reviews and do not go there yea the price is descent but there are other hotels with descent prices they need to literally banned this hotel from renting to tourist I felt like I was in a third world country

• Stayed June 2013
Long Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After reading so many bad reviews I tried switching hotels and sure enough I couldnt do it unless I paid for a new hotel out of pocket. I ended up getting to the hotel and sure enough all that I had read was true!! The place is gross seems like something from a movie. I was so grossed out to even touch the bed. There was a dead roach on the wall, stain on the bed and mold and mildew in the bathroom. Motel 6 is 10 times better than what this place was. This place should be out of business. I filed a complaint against the hotel and had the Health Dept inspect the hotel and hopefully they are shut down!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had read the reviews for this hotel and decided to ignore. Let me just say, that was a big mistake.

When we got there, we were terribly disappointed at the appearance of the hotel. It looked so broken down and unkempt. We had to check in next door, which was another hotel. The receptionist at the front desk was so pleasant.

When we enter our hotel, I was kind of surprised to find that it wasn't that bad looking in the corridors and hallways. When we enter our rooms, it looked plain but clean. The sheets were clean but burnt from a iron. The bathroom had traces of mold. I didn't dare to step in the shower without my sandals.

Yes, the ceilings had cracks in it. The white walls were stains and the table and fridge looked dirty. No housekeeping came during our stay, we had to clean and take the trash out ourselves.
No ice machine. No swimming pool. No iron.

There is no complimentary parking but there was public parking which you had to pay a $1 for every hour. They offer a $10 pass which you can purchase at the front desk but it is the same price if you just purchase a ticket at the multimeter.

I thought this hotel was close to south beach, but it took me about 20mins to get there.
If you are planning to spend more in south beach and travel, DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. Spent more money and time in parking lot and looking for parking. Spent a little money on a good decent hotel in south beach.

On the upside,
Front desk was very pleasant.

And, when the toilet, was plug up at 3am, someone came right away to fix it.

The hotel is located in front of the beach.
The beach was so nice, not overly crowded or noisy.

Hotel next door has a bar, so you don't have to travel far.

If you walk up one or two blocks up, you can find stores esp. Walgreen. That was big plus.
I like the area, didn't feel threaten at all. I saw only two bums during my stay.
I was worried that someone was going to break in into my rental because for some reason, Hertz thought it was a brilliant idea to nail down the old GPS but thank God nobody even notice.

I didn't see any bugs, Thank God.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made the mistake of distrusting the negative reviews on this website about the Hawaii Hotel and booked a two-night stay there anyway. The registration desk isn't even in the same building and there is no security in the Hawaii Hotel - just a video camera outside the door. The hallways leading up to the room were quaint - old-fashioned, but nice-looking. The rooms were terrible. The door frame to the room I stayed in had been busted in severals times it looked like and someone had tried to wood putty the damage, but the door itself could have easily been pushed or kicked in on the first try. The rooms were very, very small. The window in our room was wide open (with no screen) when we arrived. The neighborhood was not safe looking at all. There's a small alley right beside the Hawaii Hotel where it appeared that several homeless people were loitering. We actually checked out an hour after we checked in and went to a different hotel, because we just did not feel safe here. I do not recommend at all.

Room Tip: I recommend the Marco Polo Ramada. A tad bit more expensive, but very nice and a bargain for the qua...