“Please Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hawaii Hotel

You added Hawaii Hotel to your Saves list
Hawaii Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7430 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141 (Formerly Ocean Way Hotel)   |
Ranked #191 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Please Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was the most terrible and horrific experience I have had in my life , this hotel was disgusting , stinks, the location is terrible for people who are trying to enjoy the night life because there's literally nothing going on over there, too many homeless people and they come in the hotel and try to steal breakfast and the hotel staff picked up a chair to hit the homeless guy I'm still traumatized from being at that hotel and I saw dead cock roaches in the room it's just NASTY bottom line please listen to these reviews and do not go there yea the price is descent but there are other hotels with descent prices they need to literally banned this hotel from renting to tourist I felt like I was in a third world country

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Long Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After reading so many bad reviews I tried switching hotels and sure enough I couldnt do it unless I paid for a new hotel out of pocket. I ended up getting to the hotel and sure enough all that I had read was true!! The place is gross seems like something from a movie. I was so grossed out to even touch the bed. There was a dead roach on the wall, stain on the bed and mold and mildew in the bathroom. Motel 6 is 10 times better than what this place was. This place should be out of business. I filed a complaint against the hotel and had the Health Dept inspect the hotel and hopefully they are shut down!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had read the reviews for this hotel and decided to ignore. Let me just say, that was a big mistake.

When we got there, we were terribly disappointed at the appearance of the hotel. It looked so broken down and unkempt. We had to check in next door, which was another hotel. The receptionist at the front desk was so pleasant.

When we enter our hotel, I was kind of surprised to find that it wasn't that bad looking in the corridors and hallways. When we enter our rooms, it looked plain but clean. The sheets were clean but burnt from a iron. The bathroom had traces of mold. I didn't dare to step in the shower without my sandals.

Yes, the ceilings had cracks in it. The white walls were stains and the table and fridge looked dirty. No housekeeping came during our stay, we had to clean and take the trash out ourselves.
No ice machine. No swimming pool. No iron.

There is no complimentary parking but there was public parking which you had to pay a $1 for every hour. They offer a $10 pass which you can purchase at the front desk but it is the same price if you just purchase a ticket at the multimeter.

I thought this hotel was close to south beach, but it took me about 20mins to get there.
If you are planning to spend more in south beach and travel, DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. Spent more money and time in parking lot and looking for parking. Spent a little money on a good decent hotel in south beach.

On the upside,
Front desk was very pleasant.

And, when the toilet, was plug up at 3am, someone came right away to fix it.

The hotel is located in front of the beach.
The beach was so nice, not overly crowded or noisy.

Hotel next door has a bar, so you don't have to travel far.

If you walk up one or two blocks up, you can find stores esp. Walgreen. That was big plus.
I like the area, didn't feel threaten at all. I saw only two bums during my stay.
I was worried that someone was going to break in into my rental because for some reason, Hertz thought it was a brilliant idea to nail down the old GPS but thank God nobody even notice.

I didn't see any bugs, Thank God.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made the mistake of distrusting the negative reviews on this website about the Hawaii Hotel and booked a two-night stay there anyway. The registration desk isn't even in the same building and there is no security in the Hawaii Hotel - just a video camera outside the door. The hallways leading up to the room were quaint - old-fashioned, but nice-looking. The rooms were terrible. The door frame to the room I stayed in had been busted in severals times it looked like and someone had tried to wood putty the damage, but the door itself could have easily been pushed or kicked in on the first try. The rooms were very, very small. The window in our room was wide open (with no screen) when we arrived. The neighborhood was not safe looking at all. There's a small alley right beside the Hawaii Hotel where it appeared that several homeless people were loitering. We actually checked out an hour after we checked in and went to a different hotel, because we just did not feel safe here. I do not recommend at all.

Room Tip: I recommend the Marco Polo Ramada. A tad bit more expensive, but very nice and a bargain for the qua...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is honestly the worst hotel ever that I've stayed in. Awesome location beach right in front of us that's about it. There's bugs, the sheets were yellow not white!! Cracked ceilings and floors. Check in was supposed to be at 300 we got here at 4 and wasn't even ready. There's no security at all in the hotel anyone could just walk in withought a room key Guest services was next door. The door doesn't even lock only a latch is keeping it closed. They even tell you on the back on the door make sure the windows are closed and locked should def tell you what kind of place this is. The list goes on and on..... Don't stay here ever!! This place is discusting and horrible!! Guess you get what you paid for

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel inside was disgusting. It had a funky smell, the floors were dirty and cracked, the railings felt sticky. The rooms are very small. The paint on the wall is cracking and peaking. There was cauk left on certain areas of the room. Paint was chipped. The bathroom had bugs in it. The bed was comfy, but the sheets were yellow instead of white. I had booked this hotel for a week and didn't even stay 30 minutes. I paid for one day and then left and found a motel 6 which was way nicer AND cheaper. (Bigger rooms too and very clean.) I felt disgusting, the hotel was disgusting. Absolutely HORRIFIED. I will never return.

• Stayed March 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was expecting the worst sand everywhere with bugs after booking and reading the reviews about this place. my friend and i arrived and were pleased ebcuase it was everything two young adults could have wanted. mini fridge, tv, bed, shower, and flushing toilet. i didn't like the stupid security box and it's $2 a day charge. the man at the front desk was beyond helpful when i asked for bus details / directions to south beach, he pointed me in the right direction calm cool and polite. no sour attitude like i had read. We're in Miami....so any set backs with the hotel [air conditioning suuuucckkkeeedddd] were minor becuase we were outside alllll day and alllll night only using the hotel for sleep and shower.Skate shop on collins ave is The s.h it. also, Lou's BEer Garden is a diamond n the rough and i love everyone there! lou! jay! rocco! Ari! and that smokin hot bartender. for real. check it out it's all around THIS HAWAII HOTEL

Room Tip: fitness center... um you're on the beach!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hawaii Hotel? Share your experiences!