“great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

loved the hotel....the staff at all levels reflected the best standards of the hospitality industry.the hotel though historic , was clean the service crisp and efficient.The location was great, located just away from the hustle and bustle,,but within walking distance to great food , the beach..gyms. I LOVED IT ..and would return to this hotel next time Miami beckons..... To the management and staff keep up the good work....all the very best.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear raymonbb,

Thank you for your amazing review!

The next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach, please contact me directly I will ensure another perfect stay.

We look forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Best,

Carlos Sarmiento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The service was one of the best I vee ever seen in a hotel and I travel many many times a year. Friendly staff. The room was nice, clean and equipped with all things, which are necessary. Location is very close to the ocean drive and the beach. I can recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Welcome TimoR,

Thank you for your visit and for writing your review! I am happy to read that you had such an enjoyable time - our goal is to exceed expectations whenever we can.

We look forward to your return stay!

Best,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Blue Moon Hotel def. takes "chic" to another level. Everything is so up to date and modern. The decor was over all beautiful from the lobby all the way to my room. My best friend and I stayed in their deluxe king room and it was spectacular. The room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable, the windows are huge, and we had a street view which was great. We visited the pool a few times and it was always clean and well kept. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. Alex (front desk manager) was super accommodating, and Francisco (bellman) was very outgoing and friendly. Because of your amazing staff and beautiful hotel I will be booking The Blue Moon every time I travel to Miami. I will also be recommending this hotel to my friends and family. Thank you for an awesome stay and I look forward to my next stay with you guys!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mariaEchevarria,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read about the great experience you had during your visit with us. We look forward to your visit in the near future.

Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The location of the hotel was perfect and the customer service was exceptional. I would like to recognize a few people who helped us during our stay and was outstanding hosts. Your staff is really great, welcoming, and friendly. It was a pleasure to be a guest at your hotel. Please reward these staff members with a gift certificate or either a paid day off on me. Jose the bartender/waiter was great every time we ate at your restaurant for breakfast. The server was very friendly and knowledge about local attractions and what to do while being in the area. (Zhor) Also front desk attendants Alexia, Frankie, and Roberta were also extremely welcoming. Also the door man David and Francisco were excellent greeters and assisted us with directions when needed. When I come back, I will definitely be staying at the Blue Moon again. Thanks for all you guys do!!!!

Room Tip: The water in the lobby is some of that great high guality H2O Adam Sandler described in the movie &q...
Green Features: Great environmentally-friendly practices. Hotel had fresh fruit daily, also breakfast was great and all the food served was as well. Staff was very clean and friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear mrnutdee,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us.

It's feedback like yours that makes a difference and allows us to create
memorable experiences!

Warm regards,
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Cheaply redone. Rooms are small and smelled. Bathrooms are small with a foot of small between end of toilet and wall. Staff is very accommodating. Disappointed this was a marriott property. Not worth the $300 a night price tag if you don't care to be on Collins.

Stayed April 2014
Dear J L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. My apologies for the challenges you received during your stay and for not meeting your expectations.

It is feed back like yours that allows making a difference and creating memorable experiences.

We hope you give us the opportunity to change you perception on a future stay.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my second stay (and this is my second review) of the Blue Moon hotel in about 9 months. This review is about April 2014 stay.

What we loved:
1. Location is superb--you are close to absolutely everything but don't have to work through crazy crowds.
2. The hotel is clean, has a nice feel to it, very inviting and welcoming. Beds are very comfortable, however, rooms are small. But it's an art deco hotel so one should not expect large rooms and spacious bathrooms. Suites are the size of regular rooms in Courtyard Marriott, and much smaller bathrooms.
3. Staff is wonderful and will do everything to accommodate you.
4. There is construction going on outside, but we did not hear a thing, even though we had a late start in the morning during the week, and our room was toward the front of the hotel, closest to the construction.
5. They have a little fridge with free bottled water in the restaurant. As we were leaving for the beach, Alfredo (?), the lobby doorman brought us bottles with cold water to take with us, and he showed us the fridge. It was so handy--we never needed to buy water when going out and always had free water in our room. Other hotels charge for water in room. I think there is also complementary coffee in the same area.
6. If you like cocktails, the bartenders are amazing. They make the best cocktails at the Fix bar, hands down. Ray makes a killer Cosmopolitan. And Rob can craft a cocktail especially for you based on a vague description of your preferences. And he is always on target! He is also very efficient and nice, and the most pleasant person to have a conversation.
7. Tasteful elegant interiors.

What was OK:
1. Configuration of the bathroom. I traveled with my sister and we had hardly any counter space. But I guess they cant do anything about it until next remodeling.
2. No long mirror. The only mirror we could use was in the bathroom above the sink and it was not enough. They have plenty of space for a mirror in that room, even within its limited size.

What was not great AT ALL:
1. The restaurant. Very slow service, the food is ok--however, we did not try much because we did not want to wait. Once arrived, ceviche was very good. Fish tacos were fantastic last year but mediocre at best this time. Breakfast is a disaster in terms of the wait. If only this hotel figures out the restaurant...

Additional comments:
The pool is small, it's a splash pool, but it's very nice and somehow everybody can find space in the pool area. But dont expect swimming. The hotel is very quiet at night, even the bar area. Some people might call it "dead." :)

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 128 has 2 queen beds and is closest to the stairs--everybody will walk by you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your loyalty and kind review!

Our staff are indeed the key to our success - we are genuinely concerned about our Guests' needs and I was happy to read that you felt that.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next.

Warm wishes,

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend over February. Rooms very small, bathroom not as clean as could have been, and overall room appeared slightly "run down". Great location, and while it was definitely not terrible, my 2 star rating is based on price. I paid over $300 a night for the room...definitely not worth the price....while I know I was paying for location during February in South Beach, would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Blue Moon, Autograph Collection.

I am sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued guest everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Carlos Sarmiento

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!