“Great Hotel, Outstanding Location, Decent Rate and Awesome Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #55 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
new york
“Great Hotel, Outstanding Location, Decent Rate and Awesome Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel is a nice Art Deco Hotel in the heart of South Beach. The rooms are a bit small and the pool is a postage stamp but the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. I wish I could have checked in earlier than the 3pm check-in time but overall an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Javier E, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Rich o,

Thank you for your recent stay and excellent view, I am so happy to read that we made your stay in Miami Beach so enjoyable!

We look forward to seeing you again at your home away from home.

Kind regards,

883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel was good, rooms were small however very clean, bathrooms were good, showers had strong water pressure which is everything you need when you have curly hair ;) food was just ok, hit the spot... Very close walk to the beach (under 5 mins, literally a block away) and lots of shopping around. The best part was the evening shift bartender Rey, great company, great cocktails, great service. Would go back just for him!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear lgogo9,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to write your review! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Miami Beach.

Warm wishes,

Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night. It was a little noisy--it probably died down around 2 a.m. Other than that everything went well until the morning. We checked out and spent the day on the beach then headed back home. It was then I realized I left my unworn birthday dress in the hotel closet. So, I called the hotel they claimed housekeeping was gone for the day and they didn't have a key to get into the designated housekeeping area. Mmmk makes no sense. They asked me to call the next morning, I did and they told me they would call me back. Never did. I called that evening and they claimed they didn't find a dress. Yet, that's the only place it could be. Rooms are super small. I had hung up the dress in hopes of going out that night--but we decided to stay in and I totally forgot about it. But, I didn't expect to get my dress back because--get this--my Beyonce CD and cash were stolen from my car! Don't trust those valet people. Park yourself if you can. Like seriously? Who steals a Beyonce CD!?!? Whatever this is the worst place I've ever stayed. Slimy and untrustworthy employees. And managers did not take my claims seriously at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier E, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. This is disappointing to hear. Our goal is always to provide a memorable experience. I'm puzzled to hear the way your concerns were handled. I can a sure you this is not command practice at our hotel, nevertheless I will review your concern with my team and do what we have to do to correct the problem. I truly hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
Please reach out to me so I can personally arrange your next visit. I'd also like to offer some type of compensation for the inconvenience. You may reach me at javier.egipciaco@hhmlp.com
Again, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I just stayed at the Blue Moon with a friend in one of the suite rooms. We loved the room as it basically gave us two bedrooms once the sofabed was set up. The room was really comfortable for both of us and well appointed. Pretty quiet also for central South Beach. The staff--everyone--was friendly and really helpful. The pool area and the bar were great places to hang out in. Mostly importantly, the private and public areas of the hotel seemed really set back and away from the noise of Collins Avenue. We really enjoyed the experience and would come back again.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room that doesn't face Collins Avenue
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dianedni,

Thank you for you recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I was pleased to read about your great experience and the difference my staff made. We are looking forward to your return visit!

Warm regards,

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from Friday, March 28th through Monday, March 31st and had a wonderful time. I am a Marriott member and booked the hotel with points so I cannot comment on the price but the hotel was wonderful and I will most definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Pros:
I made a mistake when booking and only reserved a room with one bed. There were four guests in the room and the wonderful person at the front desk was able to accommodate us and give us a room with two beds which saved the weekend.
Excellent location, right downtown
Five minute walk to the beach
The room was spotless, very clean and neat
Good water pressure, great A/C, good light in the room
Free delicious ice cold fruit flavored water in the lobby
Super friendly and courteous staff
Hotel is cute, decor is nice
Restaurant is good. Breakfast is good, lunch was tasty
Quiet (Relatively. It was WMC/Ultra weekend so i took that with a grain of salt)

Cons:
There is massive construction going on on Collins Ave which makes for some traffic difficulty and hailing a cab is a bit tricky. Really low on the con list though and obviously isn't a fault of the hotel.

Loved it and had a great trip with my girls.

Room Tip: Might want a room towards the back of the hotel to escape some of the construction noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear AMS1342,

Thank you for your amazing review! It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. We are looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Best,

Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights when I came down to Miami for my Bachelorette Party Weekend. We were just looking for someplace with affordable rooms close to the beach. The whole group was pleasantly surprised by the amazing customer service provided by all of the hotel workers from the front desk to the bell hops, everyone was more than accommodating. The rooms were nice and very clean, although a little small it is to be expected in a boutique hotel. The location of the hotel was also optimal as you could walk to the beach, restaurants, & bars. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Miami and will be sure to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sjnestor,

Thank you for your visit and for writing your review! I am happy to read that you had such an enjoyable time - our goal is to exceed expectations whenever we can.

We look forward to your return stay!

Best,

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Blue Moon Hotel provides such a personal experience. I have never been so impressed with the staff at any hotel I have stayed at. From the front door attendant to the amazing management, every member of the staff makes you feel like family. The rooms may be a little small but the beds are extremely comfortable and you're in South Beach, you won't be spending tons of time in your room. Alex, the manager, went above and beyond in assisting my boyfriend and me in finding great restaurants and in answering any questions. We stayed at Blue Moon two weekends in a row due to our wonderful experience. Get a margarita from Ray at the hotel bar, so delicious! I highly recommend this quaint, clean, and stylish hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room on the second floor. The second time we stayed here, we were in a roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Blair G,

Our staff are indeed the key to our success - we are genuinely concerned about our Guests' needs and I was happy to read that you felt that.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm wishes,

Javier Egipciaco

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!