“Bachelor party” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bachelor party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a bachelor party, so we did not expech much. The rooms are tiny, even for South Beach standards. The thermostat would not go below 70 degrees, I like my room cold at night, especially after a night of partying. The pool is useless, it is too small. The staff was not very helpful. There were no refrigerators in the room. When we opened our ice bucket, there was a head of brown lettuce floating in 2 inches of old water. Gross.

It is in a great location, a block away from the Clevelander and Ocean Drive. The price was reasonable as well. Price and location were my two biggest concerns and the hotel met both. But I was dissapointed overall with everything else.

Room Tip: I do not think it really matters the location of the room, you cannot see the beach from your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Harry H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It sounds as if Blue Moon wasn't consistent with the type of resort that you're used to stay at. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issue; certainly this is not acceptable and I will like to address this issue with my staff. If you can please reach me at erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com with more details it will help me to investigate this inconvenience. On the other hand; I was surprised to hear that your experience with our staff wasn’t pleasant, when in fact; based on hundreds of reviews below our staff is what makes our hotel “unique” and popular among 200 other hotel properties in South Beach. I hope I can hear further from you so that I can turn your experience around. I assure you that your next visit will be nothing, but the best that you will ever experience in a resort.

928 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent one week at the Blue Moon and without exception, the facility was clean and well maintained and staff were helpful, friendly and always there to offer assistance. Although Collins was "under repair" for new storm drains, the valet service was convenient (just half a block away) and they could retrieve our car within 20 minutes. The restaurant/bar staff were friendly and made us feel right at home. It was a Very Comfortable place and convenient to all the South Beach sights (shopping, eating, and sightseeing).

Room Tip: Although there is no fitness center or spa, their pool area is very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
WOW! Thank you for sharing this amazing review! We are delighted to hear that you stayed with us for a whole week and that our staff was always helpful, friendly and delivered nothing but a great experience towards your entire stay! I’m also glad to hear that our valet services were a plus. We hope that you have found your second home away from home. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate and reach out erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com.

Welcome to our family!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The night clerk was really rude and kept implying that I was making up that I had two vs one rooms. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. The service during the rest of our stay was fine, except impossible to get extra towel. David was a gem. Very nice guy who made up for the horrible check in experience the night before. Cannot beat excellent location of hotel in South Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Desigal7,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Our guest satisfaction is our first concern and your discomfort with one of my staff it is a high priority. I have sent you a private message and I hope I can hear further from you so that I can address this issue accordingly. On the other hand; I would like to thank you for your recognition to the rest of our staff, specially David. Please do not hesitate and reach out to me erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a quick 1 night stay in South Beach. Great location directly in the heart of everything. Walking distance to dinning, shopping, and night life. Was checked in by a very friendly staff. I have stayed at a couple of places in South Beach with horrible service and staff... and this is far from it. They were great. As someone that works in the industry, I appreciate someone that can relate to the guest and be geniune at the same time. The rooms were a bit small as far as square footage but we weren't there to hang out the in the room. And as far as rooms go... most rooms in South Beach are not overly large so not a big deal. The room interior was beautifully done and felt very fresh and modern while still keeping the heritage and style of a South Beach hotel. Would definately recommend this location and have plans to go back.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback! I’m delighted to hear that you loved our location and that our staff delivered an exceptional customer service. We are review by many of our guests as high rise in the middle of SoHo and a resort in Las Vegas strip. We have different room types and they all vary in sizes. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking
forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Emar and the team!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Blue Moon Hotel during my birthday in April. Loved the location and the convenience of having all restaurants and shops within walking distance. The airline lost our bags on day of our arrival and did not get it back until the day of departure, therefore we had to do lots of shopping during out 3 days trip. The staff were wonderful and accommodated us with a 1 pm late check out, per request. Loved the pool and the food.... Fish and chips with a nice cold Blue Moon beer!!!! Fantastic! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear GuillR,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your recent visit. I'm sorry that your airline lost your suitcase. I'm glad to hear that our staff helped to make this inconvenience seamless and you still had a great time in Miami. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Emar and the team!
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband, daughter and mum stayed here for 7 nights we cruised for 4 nights then back to the Blue Moon for 4 nights.
The service we received was first class, nothing to much for the staff. The first week staff gave us advise where to go to visit, transport advice and generally helped with all our questions. We were unfamiliar with Miami, we travelled from UK. The rooms were very lovely and airy, cleaned every day with very friendly cleaners. The restaurant staff were always friendly and seemed interested in us.. Zorr, Rob Emmanuela and lovely Rosie, we cannot praise these hard working staff enough. They knew what we liked to eat for breakfast Continental breakfast was included but we sometimes had bacon, eggs and toast which was lovely.. There was plenty to do, we were a very short walk from Ocean Drive where we loved to eat at night, the beach was just out of this world, the sea very warm.. we found the brolly and sunbed hire very expensive, just over 100 dollars for 2 brollies and four beds, but never mind, it has to be done.. We were close to all the shops and the bus service to anywhere was one street away, only 1dollar 50cents to anywhere. The staff organised our taxi to the port for our Cruise to the Bahamas.. When we returned to the Blue Moon 4 days later it was like coming home, we were welcomed back by all the staff and they took time to ask about our trip. I would recommend the hotel to anyone, if people don't like it then they must be very hard to please. What did impress us was the actions of all the staff.... When we got home to England my mum couldn't find her purse, she rang Blue Moon, who said the cleaner had found it and handed it in, The staff said they would send it to her, she asked them to take the money from her purse to pay for the postage, it was back with her within a matter of days, I would like to thank all staff for a lovely stay at Blue Moon, if I were to visit Miami again we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather,

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review and rating us with 5 stars. We were all very happy to receive your recognition. I read your review in our staff meeting this morning and I wish you would have seen the happiness among our team. Review like yours is what makes our team so strong and wanting to continuing in delivering nothing but the best guest experience. We wish you great holiday season and we hope to see you back at Blue Moon in your next visit to US.

Warm regards,
Emar and Blue Moon family!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four days every week for two full months and I have nothing bad to say about it. The staff members treat you warmly upon arrival and when you see them throughout the day. They are attentive and helpful and the level of service was five stars every time. The manager, Emar, was always professional and knows how to run this business. My stays were booked without problem and I was kept up to date. The beach is two blocks away which is perfect. The room itself is quaint, just the right temperature, and clean. This is the place to stay whether you're staying for a couple days or for a few weeks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for making Blue Moon your home away for home during the summer! Thank you for your recognition and your praises. We miss you already, please come back to visit soon :)

Warm regards,
Emar and the Blue Moon family!

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!