“Good hotel. Great staff. Makes you love Miami.” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #61 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good hotel. Great staff. Makes you love Miami.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Brilliantly located just one street back from South Beach and close to all the action. Jose and Roberta on front desk were amazing from the moment we arrived - dealing with parking the car, dealing with the bags, offering refreshments, giving good advice, being welcoming, smiling and friendly throughout.
We'd sometimes get back to the sanctuary of the hotel and chill by (or in) the pool where the bar staff were always attentive, efficient and friendly and made you feel like a million dollars.
Overall, a superb experience which makes you look forward to going back to Miami.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old building are better located than rooms in the extension (same size, but just feel...
Green Features: Staff were aware of environmental issues (I asked because that's my job!).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Immi,

Thank you for your recent visit and for rating us with 5 stars! Jose and Roberta are very touched by your praises. They work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Emar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Foster City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A great hotel close to the action on ocean street but a block away. Sadly there is construction on the street so it's a little hectic. The hotel was very neat and up to date. We stayed three nights. The check I'm staff can vary. Our first night the guy was so cold and rude. Ok it was 2am thanks to flight delays but still. The valet parking spot is around the corner and sometimes the spots are full call the hotel and they'll send someone out. The door man David was so charming and helpful. The housekeeping staff needs some attention our rooms were not made up tip well after 2pm and it took over an hour to get an extra towel when we only had one on one of our rooms. We stayed one night in old side and two on new side. New side is more up to date. There are no views so don't plan on it. Overall a nice stay and I'd recommend this hotel. Just a note to hotel work on the housekeeping and have your front desk be a little more alert. We did mention the rude first night check in service and were told hey take care of us but I think they forgot.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your sharing your experience and for your honest feedback. I would like to speak with you so that I can get more details of your reservation and I can do a further investigation. I'm looking to the opportunity of hearing from you very soon.

Emar
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights to finish off our holiday after a cruise. Hotel staff were great and an added bonus was the free wifi. Pool area looked relaxing and noise free. Seating out front was a great place to have drink and watch the world go by. Great location and a short walk to Lincoln Road Mall. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit and for your wonderful praises. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed a there a couple of weeks ago and the hotel was great! the staff was very nice and corteous which made for a great stay! since I was there with grandparents and it was their first visit to the US as well as it was my girlfriend's birthday I wanted a nice place close to the beach. The rooms are a bit smaller than what I am used to but very typical for boutique hotels, the pool area is absolutely gorgeous and the overall decor of the hotel is great!
The hotel is just steps away from Ocean Dr (the part where you want to be close to anyways) but it doesn't get all the noise from that area since is a couple of streets back.

I will definetely return and recomend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your five starts review! We are pleased to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you will recommend us to your friends and family in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate and email me! We would love to see you back again in your next trip.

All the best,
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 7 days. The hotel was renovated beautifully but the carpet had some odor. The hotel staff was wonderful, friendly and very helpful. The girls at the front desk were incredible especially Ersi. The room was cleaned but the bed was little small for two people.
I hope they will get rid of the smell and the beds will be little bigger and I will never change that hotel.
The pool was wonderful for my little girl and worked perfectly fine as a spa for me and my husband.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback. We are glad that your overall stay was enjoyable and that Elsi delivered great service. I wanted to let you know that we have changed our scent machine and now the hallways have a different and much better smell. We hope you come back to visit us in your next trip.

Emar, Elsi and the team!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our stay was pleasant initially but towards the end of our stay one of my rings went missing from our room. I left it on my bedside table, went to the beach for the day, when we returned it was no longer there. I told the front desk on 3 occasions, they said they would look out for it.
Since returning home I contacted the hotel again to tell them my ring went missing from my room, they said they would investigate. They got back to me saying there was no unauthorized access to the room, this did not in my opinion put the people with authorized access to my room in the clear. They also pointed out my ring should have been in the safe, leaving it out was at my own risk. I obviously assumed items left out in my locked room would be safe but I was incorrect.

So my advice, do not take anything expensive or of sentimental value to this hotel that does not fit in the safe (eg handbags, shoes, clothing) as there is a danger these items will be taken.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had two suites during our stay in July. The first suite was on the third floor. It was the smaller of the two however was perfect for two of us. The bedroom contained a queen size bed. The "living room" was extremely small and Im unsure how the pull out couch would have worked out. While there was no door to distinguish the room from the living room however there was a small hallway. The bathroom was oddly designed and didn't maximize the space. The second suite which was on the second floor was pretty spacious and perfect for 3-4 people. This suite actually had a door that separated the living room and the room contained a king size bed. The bathrooms were better designed and optimized the space. The living room was spacious enough that allowed for the pull out couch and still allow space. While the rooms were pricey the location outweighs it all. We were one block away from Ocean Ave and of course the beach. Positioned between 8th and 9th street we were mere steps away from the Clevender, David's Café and the club Room Service and Fat Tuesday's. Also, convenient to a 7-11 and of course pizza shop's. We were a party of five and between the two suites we were both comfortable and happy with our prime location. The restaurant Fix was there, the menu was slight but we loved the chalkboards. The splash pool was extremely small and I would consider it crowded with five people in it. But you come to Miami for the beach! When we come back to Miami this will be the first hotel we check out. We were in rooms 221 and 321.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Brittany,

Thank you for your five star review! I do agree with you about our different layouts in our SUITES and I am glad that you and your guests had a great time. We would love to have you staying with us again on your next trip to SoBe. Please do not hesitate and reach out to me at any time.

erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!