“Old World Hospitality Among the Lights of South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #54 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Bayonet Point, Florida, United States
“Old World Hospitality Among the Lights of South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We only had a one night stay on our drive down to Key West but it was well worth it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was very good and the service from all the staff great! The hotel was within walking distance of all the restaurants and evening clubs of South Beach. The room itself was very comfortable and had a unique charm in the art deco style. The pool garden was like a secret garden shutting out all the lights and noise of the surrounding downtown area. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Lynn S,

Thank you so much for your sharing this review and for your wonderful praises. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back very soon,

927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my wife, both 33 years old, spent 4 days in Miami at nice blue moon hotel in Miami Beach. The hotel has an excellent location beacuse is just on parallel street to the famous ocean drive. So the advantage is that you are just 5 min walking away from the ocean drive and the beach and the hotel is still in a quite zone of Miami beach. You can't hear anything at night, it's so quiet. The rooms are comfortable, with Sat TV, aircondition, and radioclock with usb input. The guys on the desk office are very helpful. The hotel also have their own wifi, and a computer in lobby free to use. There is also a small pool and pool/beach towels available for free. The whole hotel is decorated in beautifiul Art deco style. There is only the breakfast, that could be better. Of course it's for european impossible to find in USA original european breakfast. That means normal bread or baguette, cheese and sausage or salami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing this amazing review. We're delighted our staff provided you with a memorable experience. We're glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed our location. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Rooms are a bit small but it is a boutique hotel with much character.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, food in the restaurant is excellent. We had appetizers and drinks that were wonderful!
Customer service by one employee really stands out. Alfredo was very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay outstanding.
The hotel location is perfect to the beach and nightlife, all within walking distance. It is a short cab ride to Lincoln Road shopping mall.
Great experience overall. Would recommend the hotel, staff and location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Sue,
I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. I wanted to thank you for mentioning Alfredo in your review, I cannot wait to give him the recognition. We hope to see you back very soon. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Guess that's what you should expect in an old hotel like this. Had a room overlooking the pool area. It was laid out nicely with a comfortable queen bed, two chairs and a work area. A large screen TV was mounted to the wall across from the bed. It was just the right size for two people. The room was clean. The bathroom was large but mostly empty. Strangely there was no counter space at all, just a small sink, toilet, shower and a large lit mirror covering one wall. The water pressure was very weak too. The location is good if you want to be close to the beach but don't want the noise of Ocean Drive, only one short block away. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dcx,
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and loved our location. We hope to see you back again. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I don't know where to begin. My experience at the Marriott's Autograph Collection Blue Moon hotel was wonderful. I want everyone to know and experience this hidden gem but then the selfish side of me doesn't want anyone to know and to keep it exclusive and all to myself....lol. I ALWAYS stay at a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotel because their consistent and the service is always impeccable. When I travel to Miami I always stay at the Marriott South Beach on 1st and Ocean but they were booked. I found Blue Moon and thought, why not. The experience was much better then I thought. The hotel was first class and the staff was right along with it. Emar, the hotel manager, worked with me and added a nice touch to our stay. Frankie was very kind on the phone before I arrived. Alex was outstanding when we checked in. Reynaldo waited on his like we were royalty. Zor was friendly and built a great rapport with us and made great Mamosas. The sales manager (I apologize I forgot his name) was friendly and personable. Overall I will be coming back to stay here. The hotel was close to EVERYTHING but yet not too noisy and great to relax. We live in Maryland where the Marriott headquarters are located and I will also be sending them a letter about our wonderful stay at Blue Moon. Cute boutique hotel, first class treatment, close to everything. Again I like to feel like I'm in an exclusive club that know one knows about when I stayed at Blue Moon but I believe everyone should experience staying here when you come to Miami.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the attached building. You will have a separate entrance. Very nice. Try their...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review! We are very happy to know that you found your new home in Miami. We are delighted that our staff was able to deliver such a great service to you and your guest.
We look forward to your next visit,
Welcome to our family!
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!! It's at a perfect location in South Beach....one block from the beach and walking distance to all the action. In addition, the customer service level was outstanding. Every employee we came in contact with was willing to help us in any way (and they always had a smile on their face). The hotel has a European charm to it....the rooms are cozy and completely renovated. And then the nice thing was that it's a Marriott property and one can earn reward points. Will definitely go back there the next time we go to Miami Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are delighted you enjoy your stay and had a lovely time away from home. We hope to see you back soon. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I wanted to say that my stay at The Blue Moon was an amazing experience. I stayed at the hotel from May 30th until June 4th. I was truly impressed with the service that I received from your staff; Jose, Alexis, Francisco, Sarah, Sean, Rob, Zhor and Alex! They did a phenomenal job to ensure that I was comfortable and that I always had everything I needed. The bar and the pool were amazing, everything was so clean. They made us feel like we were at home. I will be recommending my coworkers, family and friends to go and stay at The Blue Moon so they also get to experience the great service. This is the only hotel I will stay at whenever I go back to south beach! My friends and I really appreciated the outstanding service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Erick,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your 5 star rating review. Thank you for your praises regarding our staff, we were very proud to receive your recognition. It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you to our family! We hope to see you back again very soon. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of assistance please let know.

Warm regards,

erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!