“Nice But Quirky” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Buffalo, NY
“Nice But Quirky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Guess that's what you should expect in an old hotel like this. Had a room overlooking the pool area. It was laid out nicely with a comfortable queen bed, two chairs and a work area. A large screen TV was mounted to the wall across from the bed. It was just the right size for two people. The room was clean. The bathroom was large but mostly empty. Strangely there was no counter space at all, just a small sink, toilet, shower and a large lit mirror covering one wall. The water pressure was very weak too. The location is good if you want to be close to the beach but don't want the noise of Ocean Drive, only one short block away. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Dcx,
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and loved our location. We hope to see you back again. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Emar
erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I don't know where to begin. My experience at the Marriott's Autograph Collection Blue Moon hotel was wonderful. I want everyone to know and experience this hidden gem but then the selfish side of me doesn't want anyone to know and to keep it exclusive and all to myself....lol. I ALWAYS stay at a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotel because their consistent and the service is always impeccable. When I travel to Miami I always stay at the Marriott South Beach on 1st and Ocean but they were booked. I found Blue Moon and thought, why not. The experience was much better then I thought. The hotel was first class and the staff was right along with it. Emar, the hotel manager, worked with me and added a nice touch to our stay. Frankie was very kind on the phone before I arrived. Alex was outstanding when we checked in. Reynaldo waited on his like we were royalty. Zor was friendly and built a great rapport with us and made great Mamosas. The sales manager (I apologize I forgot his name) was friendly and personable. Overall I will be coming back to stay here. The hotel was close to EVERYTHING but yet not too noisy and great to relax. We live in Maryland where the Marriott headquarters are located and I will also be sending them a letter about our wonderful stay at Blue Moon. Cute boutique hotel, first class treatment, close to everything. Again I like to feel like I'm in an exclusive club that know one knows about when I stayed at Blue Moon but I believe everyone should experience staying here when you come to Miami.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the attached building. You will have a separate entrance. Very nice. Try their...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review! We are very happy to know that you found your new home in Miami. We are delighted that our staff was able to deliver such a great service to you and your guest.
We look forward to your next visit,
Welcome to our family!
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!! It's at a perfect location in South Beach....one block from the beach and walking distance to all the action. In addition, the customer service level was outstanding. Every employee we came in contact with was willing to help us in any way (and they always had a smile on their face). The hotel has a European charm to it....the rooms are cozy and completely renovated. And then the nice thing was that it's a Marriott property and one can earn reward points. Will definitely go back there the next time we go to Miami Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are delighted you enjoy your stay and had a lovely time away from home. We hope to see you back soon. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Emar
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I wanted to say that my stay at The Blue Moon was an amazing experience. I stayed at the hotel from May 30th until June 4th. I was truly impressed with the service that I received from your staff; Jose, Alexis, Francisco, Sarah, Sean, Rob, Zhor and Alex! They did a phenomenal job to ensure that I was comfortable and that I always had everything I needed. The bar and the pool were amazing, everything was so clean. They made us feel like we were at home. I will be recommending my coworkers, family and friends to go and stay at The Blue Moon so they also get to experience the great service. This is the only hotel I will stay at whenever I go back to south beach! My friends and I really appreciated the outstanding service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Erick,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your 5 star rating review. Thank you for your praises regarding our staff, we were very proud to receive your recognition. It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you to our family! We hope to see you back again very soon. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of assistance please let know.

Warm regards,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Moon for two nights with two friends in a king suite. We wanted to stay in South Beach prior to our cruise departure from the Port of Miami. This hotel perfectly suited our needs. The combination of price, location, facility and service is unbeatable.

Located on Collins between 9th and 10th streets this hotel is in the heart of the art deco district. It's a block from the beach and the beachfront bar/restaurant scene on Ocean Drive. Mangos and the Clevelander are one block away on Ocean Drive, and the club BED is one block away on Washington. There were lots of shops close to the hotel on Collins or a block away on Washington. We also walked to the shops on Lincoln Road which were about 7 blocks away.
The Blue Moon's location was perfect because it's in the middle of everything but also provided an oasis of quiet and relaxation.

Although on the small side as expected in an older structure, the size of the king suite was quite adequate for the three of us. Both the hotel premises and our suite were immaculately clean. The furniture and fixtures throughout the hotel appeared to be new.

From the moment of our arrival until we left for the cruise port the Blue Moon staff consistently provided stellar service. Every staff member we encountered was genuinely friendly and helpful, no matter what the time of day or night. On this basis alone Blue Moon should be rated higher.

For dinner the Blue Moon staff recommended the Grillfish restaurant a few blocks away on Collins and 15th. I like seafood, and Grillfish served some of the best (if not the best) I've ever had. The second night we went to a Cuban restaurant on Espanola Way.

The hotel pool is charming but quite small. We went to the beach, and the hotel provided towels and water to us.

We only ate one meal, a breakfast, in the onsite restaurant FIXX, but I'd recommend it. The french toast in particular was extremely good.

The hotel proved free internet access via a nice MAC in the lobby and free Wi-Fi. Although my Samsung galaxy refused to connect to the wi-fi, giving me a "too many server redirects" error, my friend's were able to connect on an I-phone and a different android.

My cab to the hotel from the Miami airport was $32, and it was about a $30 cab ride from the hotel to the cruise port. Blue Moon staff arranged for a cab to pick us up, and made sure it was large enough to accommodate luggage for three women.

We were looking for a nice place with beach access to spend a few days before our cruise, and Blue Moon exceeded our expectations in every respect. I plan to return.

Room Tip: We had corner king suite #202, the living area side of which faced Collins. The king bedroom was in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mithril,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this amazing review. We're delighted our staff provided you with a memorable experience. We're glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed our location. I hope you make us your home away from home. We would love to have you back.

Taby, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We used the hotel's valet parking and when we asked for the car back a jacket was missing from the car. The front desk said that they needed to do "further investigation" and since we had a flight to catch we didn't have time to wait around. They promised to get back to us within the day. Three days later and still no contact from any representative at the hotel. We e-mailed the front desk manager yesterday and still haven't gotten any response. Will never recommend anyone to book this hotel as the staff doesn't take guest who have been victims of theft (using THEIR valet parking) seriously and don't keep promises. As a result I don't have a jacket to wear to work now that I'm back home in Sweden, big temperature difference compared to Miami.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Our records indicate that you were contacted by the valet parking company and they already offered you a compensation which you were very happy to receive. We even have an email from you in which you are stating that the compensation offered was enough for you. This feedback leaves me little bit confused and I do not know what is the purpose of your review. I further apologize that our efforts to compensate you for this inconvenience were insufficient.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Though our stay was short, we had a great time at this hotel. We arrived around midnight from a late flight. Getting to our room was a little tricky as I was carrying around a sleeping three year old through the labyrinth of stairs and hallways. But she thought it was awesome when she was awake in the morning.

The lobby was very nice looking and modern, and the staff was very friendly even in the middle of the night. They gave us help about where to park, and then we were off to bed. We asked if they had any kind of cribs or beds that our 3 year old could sleep in. They said they had just BARELY got a brand new crib in that week, which had never been used. A good investment indeed.

The rooms were fun and interesting. On the smaller side with 5 of us in there, but we were just there for one night. The bathroom was cool with the walk-in shower, and it was nice and clean. The boys in our party were very impressed with the provided shampoos and soaps :)

We had a good night's sleep, though I was woken up by the air conditioner a few times in the night. I have been sleeping lighter these days as I am pregnant. No one else in our party had trouble sleeping.

Check out was easy, and it was fun to see the hotel during the day. We walked a few blocks away to a delicious diner for breakfast, then walked to the beach down the street. Very good location to shopping, food, and the beach.

Blue moon was a very nice, accommodating hotel and we enjoyed our very short stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you. We are glad our staff helped to make your stay enjoyable. We are also pleased that you found our rooms to be comfortable. We hope you will join us again the next time you are passing through Miami.

Emar.

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!