“Lovely boutique, great local & fab service!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #55 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Tequesta, Florida
“Lovely boutique, great local & fab service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was here a couple weekends back for the first time. Service was outstandingly friendly. The size of the hotel was "just right". I thought the decor was great in that the Art Deco style was preserved while still pulling off a modern, chic vibe.

Mojitos at their bar were the best we found in South Beach....& we tried several places...;)

Breakfast poolside was great & don't miss the rice crispy French toast!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Traveltina,
Thank you for your 5 star rating and complimentary words about our hotel. I wish you could have stayed with us longer. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come join us again soon.

All the best,

881 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are small but clean. We used points for our room. If they are all the same size, then staying for a week might be a "test".
Great location.
The customer service was outstanding!! ALL staff were sooooo nice!!
Fish tacos were yummy...drinks a little pricey

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valerie,
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time in SoBe. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is a refuge amidst the craziness of South Beach. The location is excellent, the decor is soothing and the ambience is calm. The little details, like infused water and fruit in the lobby were very appreciated. What really makes this property shine, however, is the warmth and professionalism of the staff. Front Office Manager Emar Rodriquez and his staff were top notch from the minute we checked in. They consistently went out of their way to ensure that we felt welcome. The location, value and staff make this where you should stay if going to South Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear J. Jayne,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your 5 star rating review. Thank you for your praises regarding our staff, we were very proud to receive your recognition. It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you to our family! We hope to see you back again very soon.

We are awaiting with open arms!

Saugatuck, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean, and suitably boutique-y. Great location. Friendly staff. Nice small but cozy pool area. Uneven service on specific requests but not a biggee. I'd stay again. I will say that the air conditioning blows right on you when sleeping and that can be annoying.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am very happy to hear that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to your next visit.

All the best,
Neston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights on a room only basis. The hotel is between 8th & 9th on Collins Avenue which put it in the heart of the Art Deco district while not being too noisy. It was one block from Ocean Drive and the beach and easy walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. SoBe is expensive but we knew that before staying here - it was still worth it. Valet parking is a must and $25 a day plus tax but public parking is hard to find and the same price.

The hotel is small but very relaxing. There is a very small pool but it has an exercise jet and a few loungers. There is a bar which was pretty impersonal and a restaurant which we didn't try. The staff, especially the concierge, David, were extremely helpful.

Our room was on the ground floor, tastefully decorated and a reasonable size for a SoBe hotel although we could not store our cases other than on the floor. The hotel has gone to a lot of effort to provide tranquil surroundings and it works. If I was being picky they could change the towels for bigger, fluffier ones.

I would definitely stay here again although SoBe itself was a bit of a let down - much tackier than the hype and we didn't eyeball a single celeb.

Room Tip: Go for one at the rear.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for all of your compliments. I hope to welcome you back soon. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of assistance please let know, Emar erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Here is the breakdown-
I've started at 5 start hotels around the world and this is not a 5 star hotel BUT has so many benefits that made my stay so comfortable and amazing that I'd come back 100%. I almost felt I had my own apartment in south beach they have free & fast wifi!!

Clean-
hotel was so clean and modern feeling but still cozy and warm! All associtaes were more friendly than I expected!! The room is on the smaller side but the chic artsy simple design really optimized the space. It smelled nice and the walls and sheets were crisp white with large windows letting in a lot of bright light! One negative thing the elevator is an old school one that has that metal gate you need to shut. I took the stairs and let the bell hop take my luggage with the elevator! The hotel is only 3 floors so its no big deal taking stairs.

Location-
Is pretty awesome if you want go have great dinning options, shopping and be close to the trendy hotels but not in them- this is great! I loved that the hot spots are walking distance but I can go back to my quiet hotel and rest!
This hotel is quiet and you get a great night sleep. The pillow and bed are fluffy and cozy!
It's in the same block and Barney's and Intermix, Zara etc. (great shopping)
It's around the corner from The Cleavlander which is a loud But fun hotel that i love to get drinks at and listen to music as I eat- but bluemoon still is quite and calm despite its location! You also have to sign a form that says you cannot be loud or disturb other guests!

Staff-
So friendly, helpful and warm!!! I can't say enough great things about the staff!!! I felt very at home because of them.

Food-
Is on the same standard as the rest of hotels here. the coffee is delicious and they have flavored creamers. There is no fridge or coffee maker in the room but the service is so fast I got over it really quick!

If your looking to stay at the fountain bleu this is not for you. If you want great service, quality and the ability to feel at home in south beach but still be in the action this is for you. It's a cute boutique hotel that is great for mid price point classy people who are not wild and crazy but want to have fun but get rest!! The room rate was $309 per night and honestly after staying here the thought of paying 600 for a loud hotel that is so busy they don't cater to you is just crazy! This hotel is underrated for sure! pool is good and what you would expect- I thought everything was very good all around!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
WOW what a great review! How wonderful to read what a wonderful stay you had with us. I am very happy that you found us to be very special and recommendation worthy.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Welcome to our family,

Best regards,
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff and overall hotel experience was a knock out. Came down with a buddy of mine for the jazz festival March 15,16 2013. From the arrival, check in, rooms, etc....... they really have there stuff together. The rooms are clean, quiet, and what you want when staying at a hotel. I was quite taken by the lay out, and very modern décor. The art work is amazing. We had a one bedroom on check in but needed two beds. By our second day, I believe his name was Alex moved us to a double bed room. I thought that was very nice. Francisco and the bar staff are very thoughtful and provide great service. Thanks to Francisco and Alex for loving their jobs. It really makes a difference for a staff to be so kind and mean it. I can give this place 5 stars really. I would recommend The Blue Moon to anyone. Business, family, couples, young adults, single, it does not matter. It is a comfortable place to stay. You are right in the center of everything but no noise, very quiet. Love you Blue Moon, see you this summer. Keep up the good job!!!!!!!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, Go stay!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! I couldn't wait to show your review to Alex and Francisco, it is so nice to see them get recognized. It sounds like our central location and great accommodations made your stay very special.

We look forward to your next visit,

Emar.

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!