“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is one block back from Ocean Dr and the beach. The room was clean and not a bad size if you are just staying a few nights. There is not much space to hang clothes. Our room overlooked the pool and breakfast area. On our last night there was a group of very loud people around the pool until very early in the morning. Although we did get some sleep we were woken at 4am at which time I asked the Receptionist to ask them to be quiet which they did. The breakfast was included in our price. This consisted of a croissant and 2 small pastries, orange juice and coffee - not worth the $10, however we found out that you can have anything from the menu and pay any extra if it is over $10. I would recommend the granola & yoghurt. The bar was reasonably priced . I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

930 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Visted South Beach for a 3 day weekend arriving September 28, 2012. My husband and I live in Naples, Florida, on the west coast and enjoy coming across to the Atlantic coast often for entertainment and a change of pace. We are Marriott Rewards members and almost always stay at their properties. This wonderful, newly refurbished, art deco boutique hotel popped up on the Marriott website so we thought we would give it a try. It was lovely. Our room was in the front which we enjoyed because we could watch the flow of people wander by. It was a little noisey Saturday night but we visit Manhattan often so we just handled it. In summary, the room was lovely; the staff was well trained and extremely attentive; the restaurant was just right and the food delicious and well priced; the location an A+. Blue Moon Hotel reminded me very much of many of the laid back European hotels that are such a delight. We will visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fife
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in room 105 - DON'T STAY IN THIS ROOM! . The bedroom is very nicely decorated, it has a beautiful mural on the wall above the bed. Has trendy lightening next to the bed, but only 1 light works. There is also a small desk and chair and another leather chair in the room,. The room is totally impractical for size. Not enough luggage space. The air conditioning seems to be sponsored by the US air force as we have afterburner sounding blast and it's super cold which wakens you up everytime it kicks in to cool the room! There is a fan but this sounds like an apache helicopter when switched on! We also have a light right above the bed, when you switch it on becomes a spot light so bright we thought Spock was getting beamed down!

This room is for wheelchair access. The shower room is a wet room and when you have a shower the whole floor ends up being soaked, from wall to wall even soaking the toilet bowl. You need to ask someone to mop the water up before using again. There is a shower curtain which tries to contain the water to the shower area but does not work.

The room is also next door to the pool entrance and outside dining area. Great if you want to hear selfish guests party on. A little bit strange as when you check in you have to sign to say you will be quiet and curteous. Employees were also noisy in the corrider outside our room to which I thought we were on the employee floor! Reception informed me we were not. If you want a quiet room, again do not stay in 105.

On a plus note, the location is excellent with you being only a couple of minutes walk to the beach area. I agree with the previous review, the clubs and bars on Ocean Drive would fit in on Blackpool promenade. British reviewers will know what I mean!

I thought this room was expensive at approx £200. Don't think I would stay here again unless you like the cold, small rooms, noisy air conditioning & flooded bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hello All! I stayed at the Blue Moon Hotel Sept 1-4 2012 ( Labor Day weekend) At first I was concerned with a few of the reviews and pictures I saw previous to booking, but when I saw that they were now a part of the Marriott Autograph Collection I was sold!Our stay was very pleasant. Although the hotel is very old, the updates and remodeling they have done makes it feel "new".

I was pleased with my stay UNTIL I checked out and returned home. I received a charge on my credit card for $150.00 due to a "damaged comforter". After calling and speaking to several employees I was advised that the comforter had make up on it and the stain was "deep" and couldn't be removed. This is ridiculous and I will be disputing the charge. There is no way a make-up stain required the replacement of the entire comforter. I only paid 200 a night 150.00 to replace a comforter is a little ridiculous. Marriott let me down with this one. I chose this hotel solely because it was a Marriott Hotel. South Beach Hotels are famous for miscellaneous charges like this. I don't like staying at privately owned hotels because of shady issues like this. Not to all Blue moon guests... Don't allow ANYTHING to touch the beds other than yourself. You'll be charged to replace the comforter. I've worked in customer service for over 10 years and this place has HORRIBLE customer service. To lose a customer over a stain in a comforter is out of this world. THROW IT IN THE WASH and call it a day. A Luxury Hotel should have better policy's in place. If we broke a mirror.. I'd understand. Or broke a tv.. but a comforter... This is NOT acceptable.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in the heart of South beach. A short walk to Ocean Drive, however the rooms ar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Texarkana, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a great location. Our room was a little noisy, but that is too be expected considering the location. I would stay here again.

We were in the main building in a suit. It is an old building, so the bathrooms were a little small, but still nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calis Beach Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my wife in August 2012. Firstly, it has to be said that out of everywhere we visited in Florida, I enjoyed Miami the least. The Hotel, however, was pretty good. We were upgraded and had a king sized suite overlooking Collins Avenue, it was fantastic for people watching but as it was a Friday night and quite busy on the street, we struggled to get to sleep because of the noise. The room unfortunately only had single glazing. It's down to this and a couple of very minor faults, which I won't even bother going into as they were so trivial, that the hotel doesn't get 5 stars. It's about 10 minute walk from Lincoln road, with all the main shops, literally a 2 minute walk from Ocwean drive and the beach and is surrounded by nightlife. Very good hotel for the price!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dartford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Blue Moon is a well placed and well run hotel and they do a lot just right. The room we had however (238) had really noisy - I mean really noisy - air conditioning which approximated to the desired temperature you set on the wall control. It would decide the room was too warm and do noisy "turbo-cool" until room temperature was below the set temperature - so on average I guess the thermostat was correct - we should have complained - but we're British!!

Room 238 has no fridge which is slightly irritating (on line pics show a fridge!) when a six pack of beer from the convenience place a few yards down the road is less than $10 - so we had draught Stella (or wife-beater in English!!) for $5 plus tax and tip so just over $6 in the very nice bar - with a very nice bar man. I like a beer in the bar but I like a cold beer in my room too - so don't believe the net descriptions that say a standard room has a fridge

The room we had was small too - smaller than we'd expect even in this sort of central location

The complimentary water, newspapers and "chewy" bars are a nice touch. But no coffee making facilities in room is a shame

The breakfast (with room in our case) was continental (or $10 credit to other choice) and was OK the fresh squeezed orange is excellent and plentiful, the coffee is hotel average - service always with a smile, good and helpful but sometimes just not with the programme!

The central location for the beach, for Collins Ave and all the shops just south a few blocks is great. The whole area is wonderful to stroll round after dark with great lights and noise and life! Some expensive stuff in the shops like $1440 for Swarovski crystal covered ankle boots in black with perilous heels!!

The clubs and bars on Ocean drive were close to tawdry in my opinion but maybe not in yours.

If you want to eat so good food at better prices than Ocean drive check out La Parrilla on Washington Ave at 6th - doesn't look anything from the front - but inside is great and the food is better!

Room Tip: Ask if the air con is quiet and for a fridge!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Moon Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!